When you call, mention priority code 14JS-04XG

Rating and Reviews: Behringer C-2 Mic

Record in stereo with a matched pair of Behringer C-2 pencil microphones. These small-diaphragm condensers include low-cut and -10 dB pad switches.

"200% Bang For The Buck" submitted January 30, 2009

By a customer from sfrahm.com
Musical Background: Live Sound Engineer
Music Style: Everything especially gospel
Sound: Very low self noise for an electret condenser. Excellent dynamic range. Very low distortion. Near ruler flat frequency response. Great for drum overheads, sax, etc. with -10 dB pad, acoustic guitar without. Feature: Needs separate LF roll off and -10 dB switches, or at least a clearer definition of whether the -10 dB position includes the LF roll off, or not. I believe that it does, but still not sure unless I test it with an analyzer. Ease of Use: Plug and play. If it doesn't work, you forgot to turn on the phantom power or have a bad mic cord. Quality: Superb sound, construction, fit and finish. Value: Sounds like you spent a whole lot more than you actually did. Manufacturer Support: Don't know. This is truly a disposable device especially at this price point. The Wow Factor: Sounds great. Cost is near zero. Now if only Uli would shock mount some of these elements into a hand held with a two layer pop screen... Overall: Cost/performance ratio is great. Sound is great. Behringer is a disruptive technology force in the music industry. You may expect to often pay double up to 10 times more for products of similar quality and possibly slightly greater longevity.

"Very cheap Behringer C2 stereo mikes: they can sound really good in classical recordings." submitted July 10, 2006

By a customer from xs4all.nl
Overall
Musical Background: Amateur opera singer 3 years singing lessons, long listening experience classic/jazz/pop, electronics technician, amateur record
Music Style: Classical singing / piano / church organs/jazz/pop (rolling stones).
Sound: It has the best price/quality. Very good vor low budget recording. Pro: it has a very smooth freq.char. which is esily to equalize. And very constant directivity between 500Hz and 5kHz for very good XY or ORTF stereo. With proper equalisation they sound really impressive on all kinds of classical music: big church organ @ 12mtrs distance with really deep bass (16'pipes), big male choir (45 men)+ solist @ 2.5mtrs away and 5mtr up, grand piano @ 1.5mtrs, or 30cms from hammers, standup piano @ 1.6mtrs or 30cms from the soundboard, classical solo singers (fi. tenor or VERY loud soprano) @ 0,5-2 mtrs distance. No distortion, with ORTF mode exellent stereo roominess (big church) and soundsource positioning (choir). Good sound compared to my MXL990. Feature: Stereo bar, pop filters. Both OK. Missed inter-distance adapter for ORTF mode, and 90degr. adapter for mounting the stereo bar in parallel under the mike-boom in case the mikestand must be beside the soundsource. Made them myself. I must also make rubber-suspension for the stereo setup. Ease of Use: Needs equalisation when more than 30cm away from soundsource, it then sounds to me like very expensive. Is easy standard procedure for me now. Equalisation: When at 30cms distance only -2dB equalisation @ 8kHz needed, then very neutral and pleasent sound. When at 1m distance or more it needs the following equalizing at my Phonic MU1202 mixer with positions: Hi: 10.30Hrs ( -2 dB@8kHz); Mid: 13.30Hrs (+1.5db@2.5kHz); Low: 14.30Hrs (+8dB@80Hz). Afterwards at home extra EQ before music-cutting on my PC: +3dB@50Hz / +6dB@30Hz. Quality: XLR plug fitted difficult in only one of all my 6 Behringer C2 mikes. Good PCB, nice metal housing, feels good and looks impressive. Feels reliable. Can be used "on the road" i think. Cheap, so spare ones do not cost much. BUT: DESIGNFAULT in microphone output circuit: XLR pin3 is grounded directly for audio, and the impedance on pin2 rises for low frequencies. Be aware: This impedance-unbalance will reveal very weak residual hum/noise from your 48V phantom power supply (if any) when0 used with low soundlevels (test it)! I modified XLR pin3 cricuit, and hum/noise now is further suppressed by 30dB into an undetectable low level. Now perfect! See my modification article on internet. Value: Yes, absolutely. Manufacturer Support: I informed Behringer about the problem and asked for modification. First time no real good reaction (pointed their finger towards my mixer). I devellopped modification myself: Second time when my modification was send to them, they respondede more serious and did send it to their devellopment department. The Wow Factor: Feels and looks very good, nicely small, only wanted sometimes it was black and less obvious to see, and less obvious printing on it. Overall: I will keep them. Becouse i want to make stereo recording in Blumlein mode, i will buy at least one set stereo mikes with figure-of-eight characteristic. Must wait for budget. If small budget, possably the cheap new Behringer C3 or the more expensive Superlux CMH-8C.
107 of 110 people (97.27%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Excellent quality for the price" submitted May 24, 2006

Music Style: Folk,Country,Blues
Sound: So far I have only used these to record acoustic guitar and they do a much better job than I had originally expected,I have been able to produce a very woody natural sound both used as a stereo pair or with a single unit pointed at the 12th fret from about 7 inches away. A few hints for the guy who trashed them. Read up on mic placement technique,learn how to work your preamp and or your mixer and you might be pleasantly surprised. By the way...they are not vocal mics! Feature: The Included stereo bar alone Is almost worth the price of the total package and I use the 10db roll off switch to eliminate all traces of bottom boom on acoustic. Ease of Use: Plug and play of course. Quality: The mics seem to be very sturdy and the fit and finish on my pair Is excellent. Value: The price of these mics can't be beat for the quality sound that I have been able to produce with them.For a basic home recording setup that won't break the bank,I highly recommend them. Manufacturer Support: I have never needed support on any of the several Behringer products that I have owned. The Wow Factor: I don't consider mics to be very sexy,but to each his own. Overall: If lost or stolen I would purchase another pair.As a matter of fact I'm thinking of purchasing a backup pair anyway.
28 of 29 people (96.55%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Behringer C-2 Mic Customer Review submitted December 28, 2008

Musical Background: Sound Tech, Musician, Recording Engineer
Sound: It's a very flexible mic with a great sound for the price. You can literally stick it anywhere in live or recording sound alike. The best though is in mic-ing it close-up to an acoustic instrument. Might sound a little tinny with bright cymbals when mic-ing it overhead on drums though. Feature: The low-cut and pad is ultra-useful in my case, though i would like the low cut to seperated from the pad for more flexiblity... Ease of Use: It's a very forgiving mic with a remarkably high gain before feedback. Very friendly with a standard 3/4 band semi-parametric EQ. Quality: No complaints on this one. Unlike some other Behringer products Iíve handled, I received no production defects on my 16 units (8 packs) I have currently. Feels like a million bucks and none of them failed in my shows for more than a year now. Even if it does, Iíll just get another one. Great job, Behringer. Manufacturer Support: The local dealer in Malaysia sucks with its support and warrantee with the other Behringer products i own. The only bummer of this mic actually. The Wow Factor: I run a sound rental company dealing with a great variety of live music, so my mics have to be great or else i'm screwed. However, being an asian country, looks and branding are still important as a advertisement. However, despite it being so cheap (By far the cheapest mic in my sound arsenal), it stands up against other mics so well i'm not embarrassed to it being there. Besides, it's rather cute. Overall: By far one of the best-valued products by any manufacturer I've met. Top recommendation from me.

"It's So TINY! It's Also A Great Mic..." submitted February 23, 2007

Musical Background: Radio DJ/Producer, Mobile DJ and Podcaster
Sound: Nice smooth sound. Extremely flat frequency response. Very forgiving microphone. Feature: The only thing I wish Behringer had done differently would be to separate the lo-cut and 10db pad switch Ease of Use: Useful right out of the box. Quality: For such a small mic, it has a nice heft to it. Real solid little unit. Value: To get two of these mics for a fraction of the cost of what you might expect to pay for one is a phenomenal deal. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to contact Behringer regarding this product The Wow Factor: Once you hold the C2 in your hand, you realize that it's not only a well made product, but that it may well be the cutest darn microphone ever made. Overall: I envision these mics being part of my recording rig for a long time.

"At this price, buy 2 pairs!" submitted December 29, 2005

Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Sound: The sound quality is much better than expected at this price! They are O.K. as Drum Overheads, but sound really good on Acoustic instuments. Quality: I've had no problems. Seem to be well made and have a little weight to them. Value: No, these are not Neumann KM184's but for the price you can afford to buy 2 pairs. With all of the tools in our arsenal to "beef up" our gear, these C2's are well worth the price! Overall: I have heard these Mic's are getting hard to find because Behringer is going to raise the price.??

"You can not go wrong with these mics" submitted April 20, 2006

Overall
Sound: Sound is good. I bought these for stereo recording acoustic guitar which they do very well. I was previously using a single shure small diaphram condensor mic and the C2's do a better job of picking up the wood and string sound of the guitar. Acoustic instruments are obviously what these are designed for. Feature: very neat and useful X-Y stereo mic bracket. The -10db switch is good too. Ease of Use: I love the small size of these mics. they don't get in the way and are easy to handle Quality: They are simply but well made and I feel confident they could take a bit of abuse. Value: These are by far the best bang-for buck microphones I have ever purchased. I have been recording for 15 years and cannot belive what I got for $70AU Manufacturer Support: never had to deal with support The Wow Factor: They look like a professional mic and I wouldn't be ashamed to be seem using them. Overall: Very satisfied.

"Really happy with this purchase." submitted July 19, 2012

By Daniel A in San Jose, CA
Musical Background: Sound Engineer at Church
Overall: I was looking in the market for cheap in price but good in quality condenser mics. I tried these out at the school I work in and I was convinced to buy these. They are like a small version of the $600 choir mics. I was going to buy another set from a different manufacturer for $100 but I ran across these and now I am happy. If you are looking for good quality mics for a small recording studio, these are definitely the mics to get for under $60. That is another thing, ZZ Sounds has the best price for these out there and free shipping.

"I fell in love with them !!!!!!" submitted March 4, 2013

By chandimal k in Lompoc, CA
Musical Background: home musician
Music Style: acoustic instruments.
Overall: they are awesome guys, just don't miss them . i got a pair for 50 bucks including mic bar and etc... recorded my takamine acoustic guitar with my m audio fast track ultra and i got very clear, bright and natural tone. i am really happy with these. please get a good xlr cable with gold contacts.i have recorded with mogami gold cables. good acoustic guitar + good playing techniques + good cables + good mic techniques + good sound card = high quality audio.

"The price is right, dont pass it up!" submitted December 6, 2006

Music Style: Alternative/Indie Rock
Sound: The sound is great! The 10dB roll off its really helpful. That alone makes it worth the price. Feature: Once again the 10 dB roll off is excellent, and the sound is pretty crisp and clear. Ease of Use: Easy easy Quality: I've done alot with um, and they can take a beating. Value: Amazing value ofcourse. Overall: Overall i'm genuinely satisfied. Good sound, good buy, good deal.

Behringer C-2 Mic Customer Review submitted October 18, 2010

Overall
Sound: Great tight sound for drum overheads. -10db pad and bass roll-off switches are nice features. Ease of Use: Phantom powered!! Make sure you have 48V phantom power on your mixer/preamp/whatever, otherwise, it won't work! Value: great sounding item for this price??? 2 mics, an XY mounting bracket, windscreens, mic clips and a little carrying box make this a steal...

"Great Mics!" submitted September 30, 2013

By Michael F in Marion, OH
Musical Background: Drummer for 14 years, Recording for 10 years
Music Style: All
Overall: I use these mics for overheads on the drum kit in the studio. They are great for the money!

"Good but needs EQ and the old types (< 6-2007) need modification." submitted December 16, 2007

By a customer from nvrecording.nl
Overall
Musical Background: Classical amateur singer, serious critical classical recording engineer with in-depth knowledge of electronics and mike properti
Music Style: Classical singing etc.
Sound: See my earlier comment. Needs EQ on mixer and (if record pipe organ) also a bit on PC. Used them on choir XY/ORTF, harp XY, choir organ, big main organ. Ease of Use: See EQ. Manufacturer Support: Behringer responded promptly on my comment about poor output-balance. And improved newly delivered ones afterwards. Sadly did not award me by some gift (mikes). The Wow Factor: Nice, but want black ones. Overall: Still use them, after i modified the output cicuitry to get optimal balancing effect (suppression of noises from phantom power supply and induced hum/ticks on the balanced cable).

Behringer C-2 Mic Customer Review submitted March 15, 2009

Musical Background: Live sound engineer, drummer, singer
Sound: In 18 years, I've never been excited about the sound of a hi hat mic until I used one of these last night. It was very crisp and clean without being harsh. I used the other one under the ride cymbal and got exactly the sound I wanted. Feature: It would be perfect if it had separate switches for the high-pass filter and the pad. Ease of Use: Plug it in, turn on phantom power, turn it up, done. Quality: It's got a little heft to it, but after only one use, it's a little hard to tell how long it will last. Value: I can hardly believe I got two of these for less than the cost of a single "high quality" condenser. Overall: At this price, they are easily replacable.

"If you only have $100 for mics, buy two sets." submitted February 13, 2007

Music Style: Rock, Alternative
Sound: Wow. No really, excellent for guitar cabinets (especially any bass heavy cabinets), sound great as a stereo pair for drum overheads. Close in, they feel amazingly similar to a 57 (although I believe the sound is actually a little more focused on the Behringer) Feature: C'mon. A selectable 10db pad and a bass roll-of on a mic costing $25. Ease of Use: Plug and play. Quality: Haven't had any problems. Value: Again. The features and sound for the money are outstanding. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: If they would only make them in black.... Overall: Incredible value. I'm sure they won't take the abuse of a 57, but at 25 a pop, buy four of them.

"Just try them!" submitted June 24, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: music student, live sound, semi-pro
Music Style: classical, jazz, christain rock, etc.
Sound: I use these for live sound in a small chapel with lots of reverb and they work great. - one for an overhead on a drum kit and I hear everything (the only other mic I really need is one for the kick) - another to mic a violin. After listening to the recordings I made it sounded like I was standing next to the insturments - amazing reproduction of the sound source - which, being an insturmentalist myself, is exacly what I want a mic to do. Feature: The mics came with everything I need or what for them what more is there to say. Ease of Use: I just pluged them in and was amazed.

"The little mic setup I can't live without!! Nice job Behringer!!" submitted August 23, 2011

Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Sound: These are great sounding microphones.....much better than I expected. Very natural and transparent.......these are exactly what I was looking for........overheads, acoustics, stereo recording and misc uses.... Feature: Nice packing, storage case, pop filters and a very cool stereo mic holder......haven't used it yet, but looks like a worthwhile setup. Ease of Use: Easy to use......just use phantom power, attenuation or rolloff.....the rest is all mic placement, levels and good source. Quality: Well made......feels substantial.....matched well. Value: This is well worth the price......worth more actually! Manufacturer Support: Have not needed support.....all the Behringer stuff has been working. there older stuff was lifeless, but they have been getting the transparent sound that I require and expect from semi-professional gear. The Wow Factor: I don't know if you can call it sexy, but it's built well, designed well and very easy to place in any situation.........Great!! Overall: I expect to have and use these as long as they last, which I expect to be a good long time, as I'm a fanatic about equipment care.....be nice to your equipment and get years and years of use.

"Value for the money" submitted November 7, 2012

By Roger Whitaker in Springfield, IL
Overall
Musical Background: Live sound provider for 7 years.
Music Style: Mostly choirs, but some instrumentals including jazz brass bands.
Overall: I have been very pleased with these C-2 mics which I use to cover large and small choir performances as well as some instrumentals in live sound situations. Their cardiod pattern and good sensitivity fill the bill at a very attractive price. That's why I bought this most recent pair. We now own 6 of them.

"Identical to Neumann KM184, check it out." submitted January 2, 2007

Musical Background: Audio Engineer
Music Style: Alternative, Folk, Hip Hop....pretty eclectic
Feature: This mic is almost identical to the Neumann KM184 Cardiod, check out the specks and the sound, you wont find any huge differences. For a pair of the Neumann KM184 it costs $1,459. For a pair of these Behringer its $50. Dont pass it up, this is a sick deal. I've used them for micing my guitar and they're sound is great, the 10dB bass roll off switch is really helpful on the low end. I own really expensive mics, and not so expensive mics and this one has proven itself among the greats. You gottta get um! Value: HUGE VALUE!! Overall: GET THEM!!

"Move along" submitted July 8, 2009

Musical Background: playing about 20 odd years recording about 10
Music Style: mainly rock
Sound: They work but there is audible hum. Not suitable for hifi recordings imho. Feature: They look ok. Switch for high-pass is handy. Ease of Use: Plug them into to a cable stick them on the supplied t-bar. Quality: Quite well made on the exterior. Corners have been cut internally. Value: They are super cheap but they sound it. Manufacturer Support: No idea. The Wow Factor: No I don't want it. Overall: If you have decent headphones or monitors you will see how bad these mikes are before you waste a lot of time recording with them.

"Hum" submitted May 19, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: 20 years plus of recording.
Music Style: Mainly rock
Sound: It has a clear small condensor microphone sound but there is a loud hum ever present. Feature: Stereo bar, high pass filter and pad. Lot's of features for the money. Ease of Use: Plug it into your XLR cables and apply phantom power, bingo. Quality: It looks robust enough nice metallic finish. Value: It's cheap but due to the hum will create serioulsy low quality recordings. Manufacturer Support: Not contacted Behringer.

"Save your hard earned cash!!!!" submitted March 31, 2006

Musical Background: Active Musician Recording
Music Style: anything that is music
Sound: If you know what type of sound you'd expect to get from these, you wont' be disapointed. Great acoustic/percusion sounds. Was impressed the first time using them. Feature: Nice stereo mount, everything you need it to do!! Don't think the case is meant to be used as a case!!....TIP when purchasing mics, keep the foam interior this will allow you to place all of your mics in a nice heavy duty carrying case.....it seems like they always use the same thickness of foam???.... Ease of Use: How to explain that one....... Quality: Solid built comparable to much more expensive mics......very impressed at this point. Value: AAA+ Manufacturer Support: Have many Behringer products,.....impressed all the way. The Wow Factor: I have it....will buy another pair!

"Holy Hell" submitted January 3, 2006

Music Style: acoustic, folk, rock
Sound: I dont see how anyone could give this a positive rating. It sounds like vocals/Acoustic guitar is resonating out of a tin can. It's really terrible, even when run through waves diamong bundle. Value: garbage The Wow Factor: looks pretty cool Overall: disappointed

When you call, mention priority code 14JS-04XG. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976