When you call, mention priority code 176G-6JC0

Rating and Reviews: Audio-Technica PRO 8HEx

The Audio-Technica PRO8HEx is a headword hypercardioid dynamic microphone for low-impedance inputs and is ideal for singing guitarists, keyboard players, drummers and public speakers.

Overall

"Overall, A Rock-Solid, Steady Performer. Audio Technica Pro8HeX." submitted March 28, 2007

Overall
Sound: I've owned the Audio Technica Pro8HeX for 5 years now. Is it gonna sound like an SM-57 or 58? No. But, if you are a singing drummer doing backups, this mic' is a good, solid, if unspectacular option. Feature: The Audio Technica Pro8HeX is a wired headset, and has a handy clip for making sure the wire doesn't get in the way. I use mine for backing vocals while drumming with my band, Scream, so I attach the clip to the pocket of my pants, running the wire down my back. There's nothing fancy needed with this mic', and that's what I like. Ease of Use: The Audio Technica Pro8HeX is a solid, steady mic. But like most other headsets, it's going to sound thin. Your soundman (or you) will need to tweak your channel settings on your board. If you have a deeper voice, like me, you'll need to cut some of the highs and boost the bottom end. It'll never sound like an SM-58, but for your dollars spent, the sound is decent, once you tweak it. Quality: The Audio Technica Pro8HeX is built like a tank. When I first purchased mine 5 years ago, I actually bought 2, one for a back-up, just in case. (I'm somewhat anal like that.) I have yet to break out the backup mic'. The original one has been in use 3 nights a week for five years with absolutley no failures whatsoever. Value: Great bang for the buck! Best value in headset microphones on the market today. Manufacturer Support: -Have not needed AT support- The Wow Factor: Doesn't look sexy, but it's light and comfortable on the head. Overall: I've owned the Audio Technica Pro8HeX for 5 years now. Is it gonna sound like an SM-57 or 58? No. But, if you are a singing drummer doing backups, this mic' is a good, solid, if unspectacular option. It never feeds back, it's rock-solid and tough as nails, and light. The sound is a bit thin, but your soundman can dial it in for you by cutting some highs and boosting the bottom end.

"Excellent alternative to wireless mikes." submitted February 15, 2008

By a customer from charter.net
Musical Background: I am a professional musician and Retired Air Force Musician
Music Style: Big Band, Dixie, Combo, Singles
Sound: I think the sound is pretty good. I read another review before purchasing the mike that panned the sound. There advantages to stand mikes but for what I needed this is pretty good. It tends to pop without the included wind shields. Feature: It's very light weight and I didn't need a long cord but that wouldn't be a problem if I needed one. I wish it had a switch. At the end of my concerts I move around and I have to take the thing off which so far has resulted in a loud thump and scratching sound. I have to grab for the mixer now. A switch would be nice. Ease of Use: works good for me. Quality: It seems to be a little light weight but that's also an advantage. I always have backups for almost everything. Right now that's a stand mike. I'm a sax player so the vocal stand mike gets in my way. I am always on the road traveling somewhere to gigs and I can't go back for something. Value: yes Manufacturer Support: no problems The Wow Factor: I don't wear it around my head because I often have a hat on so I put it around my neck outside my coller. It doesn't interfere with my sax neckstrap since it's lite weight too Overall: I was originally going to go wireless but since I am only a couple of feet from my mixer the cord length and all the extra junk I would have to carry for wireless makes wireless less than attractive although it has it's advantages too. I will order another one soon.
21 of 22 people (95.45%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Well articulated audio, very nice for full frequency SSB transmission (in Amateur Radio)" submitted September 23, 2009

By a customer from ij.net
Musical Background: So musinc, but this mic is for Amateur Radio transmission
Music Style: N/A
Sound: Great articulation. Just enough low end with anice midrange and just enough top end. Fits my voice and its purpose, which is good articulation for Amateur Radio SSB audio Feature: Two windscreens included, although the big one is, well, REALLY big!. The small one does a great job when close talking the microphone. Ease of Use: Has a pronounced proximity effect for base. You have to use the windscreen, or you can pop plosives easily. Quality: Solid, stays where you put it. Its a bit on the tight side for my temples, but I can move it around to work around my glasses. Value: Great value for the money. I would say it is priced well. Wish it came with a closed cup headset, then I would never look at Heil again. Manufacturer Support: I have owned and/or used AT products in the past, both personally and in my work, and have never needed to contact the factory for any issue. Solid reliability! The Wow Factor: Its a microphone, that fits on your head and you speak on it. Its as reliable as a Hockey Puck or a Paper Clip. And it sounds just wonderful, with rich full sound with very good midrange articulation, which is what is needed for SSB audio. Overall: Been working fine when I use it, about three months now, with several transmitters. Easy to equalize to sound just the way you want to sound since it is so well balanced tonaly. I really wish you could get this mic capsule with full ear cup sound sealing headsets. As it is now, I can only use it with speakers, must use my other Heil headset in contesting, which is a shame, since this mic sounds so good.

"If all you want is a good microphone , this is it !!" submitted April 9, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: 35+ yrs drummer/guitar/bass/keyboard/vocals/recording engineer
Music Style: everything but "rap crap"
Sound: The sound quality is exactly what I expected . Crisp and clear . Less feed back problems than the other mics in my arsenal . Certainly cuts through mix nicely . Feature: The best feature is the lack of features . It does what its supposed to do without any bells and whistles . Could use an on/off switch but that is not really a problem . Ease of Use: Sits on your head and doesn't move around like some others . Easily adjusted for comfort and use . Quality: Lightweight and tough enough to last you for a long time . I guess if you mistreat the thing it will quit on you , but that would be user error ...... Value: I paid $120.00 for mine and will gladly do so again should something happen to the one I have now . Manufacturer Support: I have no idea as I haven't ever needed to contact them . The Wow Factor: Its a Plain Jane that gets the job done . Thats appealing to me . Overall: More comfortable than any of the others ( and theres been a few ). Sounds good , dependable and you don't need to take out a loan to get one . What else do you want ?
15 of 16 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Not bad for the money ." submitted August 10, 2004

Overall
Music Style: You name it !
Overall: I dont sing lead vocals so I wasnt going to spend a boat load of money on a head worn mic . This thing dose the job for me . this thing stays on my head like its suppose too ! There have been times when I forgot I had it on and walked off before unpluging it , then stepped on it as I went to pick it up . No worries , the thing just keeps on working like nothing ever happened ! If I were a lead singer then maybe I would get something better...maybe .

"Audio-Technica PRO 8HEx Headworn Mic" submitted March 11, 2012

By Mark P in Acworth, GA
Musical Background: Benn playing 30 years. Drummer/Guitarist
Music Style: Country, Rock
Overall: Very good for the money. Fits well (if you bend it a little(I have a very big head)). Sounds surprisingly good (for the price) and has great feedback rejection. It's no Crown CM311, but then that one cost 6 times as much!

"As Advertised" submitted June 22, 2011

Overall
Sound: OK so the sound is pretty decent and met my expectations. I actually use this to do vocal recordings on material when I have to be a way from my home studio and can't be bothered bringing my large diaphragm mic. So of course the quality is not as good as even a low end studio mic. But still it is pretty decent and very even. I would say that it is considerably better than a PA mic (say an SM57/SM58). Then again it is designed as a stage mic for drummers I believe. Feature: The way it attaches to your head works very well. Would appreciate a longer cord but can live without that. Ease of Use: nothing to it Quality: I probably did not pack it well in my suitcase and one of the clips that holds the pads in place went missing. Value: Really good value. I had looked long an hard for a head worn mic that would fit my budget. The Wow Factor: Hard to consider it sexy but it certainly does the job.

"Exceeded my expectations. Has great sound, east to use and confortable to wear." submitted June 19, 2011

By a customer from suddenlink.net
Music Style: Country
Ease of Use: The sound is better than I expected. I am not a pro but a few gigs at Nursing Homes. I was very pleased with the sound from this mic. Quality: The mic is very easy to use. Fits well and is much lighter than I would have thought. I actual forget I have it on. The only down side to it is it does not have a on/off switch. Other than that it is perfect. Overall: I expect to use this mic for a long while. If I lost it or it was stolen I would buy another just like it.

"Good mic, great price!" submitted October 16, 2012

By Martin Hiltz in WYNANTSKILL, NY
Overall
Musical Background: drummer and vocalist, currently playing weekly in a christian praise band
Music Style: Christian praise, rock, ballad
Overall: Nice sound, comfortable, decent cable. I only wish it had an on-off switch, but that's a minor issue. I needed a good sounding affordable mic and I found it! Haven't needed any manufacturer support, so I can't truly rate it.

"Headset Microphone for Drummers." submitted December 14, 2011

By a customer from wavecable.com
Musical Background: 10 years drums and percussion, 25 years Guitar
Music Style: Christian Worship
Sound: The Mic. is very true sounding as I have a very long vocal range from high Bass to low Tenor. I'm also a Drummer/Percussionist and play a wide range of instruments, none of which are picked up with the Mic. while singing. Keeping the Mic. as close to your mouth as possible is the best way to avoid picking up background sounds. Feature: Can be worn left or right so as not to interfere with a monitor. Ease of Use: Put it on and sing. Quality: Seems well built. Value: A real value. The Wow Factor: The only other comparable product was $350.00 and this one was $80.00 Overall: I would purchase another unit without hesitation

"AudioTechnica headsets have short lifespan." submitted June 19, 2011

By a customer from ymcabham.org
Musical Background: Group exercise director
Music Style: rock, alternative
Sound: This product sounds wonderful, but the lifespan of a headset is very short. Over the past few years of using it for teaching spinning classes, with 20 hrs. of use per week, I have found that the longest one has ever lasted is maybe 5 months. I have had some that have only worked for as short as 2-3 wks before shorting out and sending back to Audio Technica under warranty. They need to work on improving their last quality of their product. Quality: as stated above..these headsets do not have a long lifespan before shorting out and not working Overall: I have to continue using it because all of my mic recievers are Audio Technica so i need to keep purchasing from that company. due to the lifespan of the headset, when my reciever dies, I will try to find another manufacturer.

"Great Product" submitted October 3, 2012

By Richard Perkins in Broomfield, CO
Musical Background: Wife has been playing for over 50+ years
Music Style: Folk, country, Christian
Overall: Purchased this for my wife, who sings along with playing her guitar. Has made her more mobile and she loves it.

When you call, mention priority code 176G-6JC0. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976