When you call, mention priority code 16KG-ZS3K
  • Mon, Tue, Wed 8AM - 10PM (EST)
  • Thur Closed
  • Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: Alesis PercPad Percussion

Trigger a world of sounds with your drumsticks. The Alesis PercPad has four velocity-sensitive pads, a kick trigger, a built-in sound library, and MIDI Out.

"PercPad- a good buy" submitted June 25, 2013

By Nathan B in Aurora, CO
Overall
Musical Background: Musician for over 15 years. Professional with 2-3 gigs/week.
Music Style: Christian, electronica, rock, contemporary, jazz/blues
Overall: I purchased this product to use as a full-kit replacement. I traveled to Africa with it tucked under the seat in front of me and used it to play in a live setting for a week-long camp. I put a snare stand in some of our checked luggage. I ran from the headphone out jack into a PA system. Our system included in-ear monitoring so it worked great! The PercPad was the perfect solution for traveling and using in a temporary setting. I triggered the kick with a basic 'on off' trigger switch pedal. Ideally you should attach a full kick pad+pedal to this setup. I only recommend a trigger switch pedal if you don't care about playing your kick dynamically. The sensitivity settings on each of the 4 pads are more or less effective, but do not provide anything close to the dynamic range of other pads. I don't believe the PercPad is intended to compete with some of the more expensive pad solutions out there. Now that I'm back in the US I am using the PercPad as an extension of my Roland-TD20 kit. It sits to the left of my snare and is triggering the aux channels via a MIDI cable. This is the real strength of this $100 device! You can assign each of the 5 triggers their own MIDI note and use this pad with most electronic kits. The 25 built-in sounds are nice in a pinch, but using its MIDI function is really the way to get the most out of this device. Overall- the best for the price Sound- built-in instruments are limited and include extraneous sounds. Sound quality of instruments vary Ease of use- excellent. Very basic controls. Features- limited. I would like the option to run off of batteries, but for $100 don't expect too much Quality- plastic housing seems a little thin. Volume knob protrudes too much and could lead to bending and breaking. Should be recessed. Value- Excellent. Best features for the $$

"Does the Job" submitted February 28, 2013

By Eric D in New York, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Playing 45 years as a hobby with occasional gigs.
Music Style: Big Band, R&B, rock
Overall: I wanted something simple and basic to add a few very standard traps to my kit with two objectives in mind. I wanted them to be heard and I did not want to have to add too many stands and individual pieces. This fit the bill. I use it primarily for tamborine, shaker, wind chimes and cow bell.

"Great practice tool" submitted January 16, 2014

By Carol G in San Anselmo, CA
Musical Background: 5+ years
Overall: My son took to the Perc Pad immediately -- thinks it's a fun mix of sounds to match up to each of the 4 pads. Uses with headphones or with an amp for drum lesson practice (we don't have a kit yet). Definitely see him more engaged with this electronic pad more than with his snare and traditional practice pad; easy to try out different things.

"Alesis PercPad Percussion Pad" submitted October 16, 2013

By Riswin M in Hawthorne, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing music about 6 years, I play bass, drums, congas, I "jam at home"
Music Style: rock, cumbia, merengue, balada, salsa
Overall: Alesis PercPad Percussion Pad has great sounds but it only has four pads and those were to little for me.

When you call, mention priority code 16KG-ZS3K. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976