When you call, mention priority code 1732-3H17

Rating and Reviews: Alesis DM8 Pro Kit Drums

Alesis provides you with the most natural electronic drumming experience. This kit not only sounds real but feels truly responsive with RealHead tech pads.

"Alesis DM8 Pro is amazing" submitted November 7, 2012

By Dan T in Spanish Fork, UT
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing drums for 18 years off and on.
Music Style: All styles, mostly rock.
Overall: Honestly, I can't believe what you get for this price. I've played rolands and yamahas. They're great and all, but for the price, they suck. When you can have a set, this capable, for this price, it's a no-brainer. It's completely expandable and customizable. Look into the mesh head mods for more info. I personally haven't converted yet, but the only reason I would, would be to make the set a bit more quiet. The rebound that it has out of the box was great for me. It is a little loud compared to rubber pads and mesh pads, but that's easily fixed with a simple mesh head conversion. Examples are all over the web. I have no remorse for buying this product. It's amazing.

"Im rather impressed" submitted March 21, 2012

By Shane G in Portsmouth, VA
Musical Background: 30ish years on and off
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Funk
Sound: There are plenty of kits to choose from, and the sounds are very realistic. You have 99 preset kits and the ability to piece together your own combinations of kits if you so choose. Minor adjustments had to be made to the triggering, but this was to suit my playing style more than anything. Feature: The DM8, being the little brother of the DM10, leaves you little room for expansion as you only have 2 available trigger inputs (left) when the kit is set up. This is pretty much a non issue for most users as I havent seen many e-kits that would require more expandability than this module offers. Jamming to the prerecorded sequences is alot of fun, and being able to keep the metronome ticking in the background is a big plus when attempting a new style. Ease of Use: Out of the box this kit sounded great! It actually took me a couple of days before I started to tweak some of the settings to get this kit to my liking. If you read through and refer to the manual, then the learning curve is easy peasy. Quality: I foresee myself playing on this kit for a very long time, as the construction of it appears to be built to last. The only 'modification' I plan to make on it is converting the drum heads to mesh for a different feel that is more appropriate to my style of playing. Value: For the amount of features this kit boasts, and the price tag attached to it, you simply cant go wrong with this kit. Its a nice 'middle of the road' kit for those who want a supple amount of features with out the supple amount of pricetag. Manufacturer Support: I havent had to deal with Alesis (or Zzounds) on any sort of technical issues. I will say that Zzounds shipped my kit SUPER fast! It almost felt that as soon as I hit the 'submit payment' button the kit was on its way. This coupled with all of the other positive reviews for people who in fact had to work with Zzounds, makes me confident that if (if) the need arises I will be in good hands. The Wow Factor: Visually, this kit really stands out and looks very sharp. The fact that it looks more 'modern' and closer to an acoustic kit, makes it that much more appealing. The 'Wow Factor' that REALLY got me was thanks to Zzounds. I am a habitual window shopper but I rarely pull the trigger due to 'sticker shock' and the fact that I would have to save to achieve this goal. With the 'Pay as you Play' option Zzounds made it all but impossible to NOT pull the trigger (pun intended) on this kit. This was a HUGE factor in getting this kit in my playroom. Overall: Let me start by saying that I was totally anti e-kit before I bought this, but the desire to be able to practice without disturbing my zip code trumped that. This thing grows on me a little more each day.
48 of 49 people (97.96%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Kit!" submitted November 1, 2012

By Christopher Ramos in North Lauderdale, FL
Musical Background: 15 Years - Bass, Drums, Guitar
Music Style: Anything and everything.
Sound: Once you set up the sensitivity the set responded well. You really have to get into the settings before you start really setting it up to your playing style. Not too crazy about the preprogrammed sounds too much. Some of them are pretty good though. Feature: You have so many options with the DM8. What I personally liked about it that the DM10 didn't offer was the different sized Toms to give it the more realistic feel. You could get lost for weeks with all the features of the DM8. I like the customization. I use it mostly though through Pro Tools and addictive drums and it works flawlessly. Ease of Use: Too easy. Had some issues with the ride cymbal out of the box. It takes a little more setting up then they would like you to think. Quality: Everything is pretty durable. Nothing feels cheap and plastic. Nice heaviness to it. The actual drums on the pro look very realistic and mimic an acoustic set way more than the rubber pads do. Value: For the money, you really can't go wrong. It's comparable to some of the $4,000 kits out right now. It's a steal. A no-brainer. Manufacturer Support: Haven't used them. The Wow Factor: Again, It looks like a very high end kit, despite the price. Worth every penny. Overall: Great buy Great buy Great buy Great buy! Was debating between the DM10 or the DM8 and honestly, for the price you can't go wrong. Great value. Looks amazing and sounds great too. This kit makes you feel like you are playing a real acoustic set.

"DM8 Pro Rocks!" submitted December 3, 2012

By Joey L in Austin, TX
Musical Background: I have been playing drums for 21 years
Music Style: Metal mostly, but just about everyhting except for country
Overall: I just recently purchased the Alesis DM8 Pro kit from Zzounds. First off I would like to thank and glorify zzounds for a sec. Zzounds has the absolute best costumer service in the music gear industry! I have never expereinced such great service in any store I have shopped at. I did all my homework before choosing alesis, everything from specs to pricing. I must say it did pay off. Right out of the box, it was quick to setup and start playing. The functionality of the DM8 module is excellent. Programming the module is a snap, menus are easy to understand and navigate, and the sound out of it, is great!

"Excellent Value!" submitted March 26, 2012

By Kurt G in Boston, MA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing drums since I was 11, set on and off for about six years.
Music Style: Metal, hard rock, fast double-bass, single stroke rolls, etc. Some jazz as well.
Overall: The DM8 Pro kit is an excellent value, considering competing electronic kits tend to go for around triple what I paid for this. The kit out of the box was pretty good, although the pads are a bit stiff and will hurt your hands after extended play. There are conversion kits around that allow you to put mesh heads on. I did the conversion and now this kit is a serious competitor to any Roland or Yamaha set. You can add up to 4 additional single-zone pads by splitting the 2 dual-zone aux inputs (although you wiill lose the third zone on the included ride), giving you quite a bit of expandability. Overall I cannot get over the price I paid for this, honestly, this entire kit is excellent quality for the price, which is less than the price of just a comparable Roland module! Excellent kit, highly recommended!

"Could not ask for more" submitted May 2, 2012

By Zach D
Overall
Musical Background: Over 15 years experience. Alesis DM8 Pro, Tama Custom 8 piece.
Music Style: Anything and all
Overall: This set is great! Very comparable to a Roland or Yamaha as far as sound quality. The rack wiggles a little, but nothing at all to worry about as not many electric sets are made for hard hitters. The heads are great and the set up was extremely easy. Hardly any adjustments needed to be made after set up. The hit hat trigger pedal is the hardest thing to adjust to your playing style. Cannot beat the price, just wish it had one more cymbal.
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Kit For The Money" submitted February 20, 2012

By Scott Martin in St. Albans, VT
Overall
Musical Background: Drummer for 45 years now (!?), Musician, Songwriter, Producer
Music Style: Old Rock, New Rock, Red Rock, Blue Rock, and whatever else pays the bills.
Overall: Firstly, ordering and delivery were perfect. Kit is heavy duty and high quality for the price. Yes, there are plastic clamps, but of good design, and work well. Plan to spend a good deal of time setting up trigger parameters and sounds. The options are incredible, effects, all of it. I play this kit through a simmons DA200 drum amp in a local band and it sounds amazing. The pads do have a hard feel to them, so if you hit hard (you don't have to with this kit) or have sensitive hands plan to wear gloves. I have no problem with it yet, but I set my triggers up very light anyway. Response is excellent in my opinion, just very firm, and takes some getting used to. Anyway, I HIGHLY recommend this kit if you're not a beginner.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Awesome Sound and Quality" submitted July 28, 2011

By a customer from live.com
Music Style: Contemporary Christian
Sound: Very crisp and very clear sound. I play with my headphones mainly but I also play through my Sony 400 watt stereo amp with cd player. Sounds better than with a separate amp. Great triggers and fast response. Great system. Very happy. Feature: I am still getting to know the features but so far thumbs up Ease of Use: Love the presets. dial and play. What else can you ask for Quality: Very ridged. Strong. The sleeves for the frames would be nice in an aluminum but very well put together Value: Very well priced. Great value and quality. Manufacturer Support: No issues to deal with as of yet. The Wow Factor: The best looking set I have seen so far. The pads are placed perfectly and so easy to reach when playing. Overall: Many years to come. I have already thought about adding more toms and installing another module for more features and control. I will be buying another set shortly for my church. We are putting a contemporary band together and enlarging the stage. Cant wait to play for the Lord.
17 of 19 people (89.47%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"From acoustic to electronic..." submitted July 30, 2012

By Bryant C in G-Boro, NC
Overall
Musical Background: Musically inclined since 92'
Music Style: Jazz, Hip Hop, anything with a nice beat...
Overall: First of all, Zzounds did a price match, so I got off to a good start with this investment. I got the kit in the mail and was surprised at how easy the set-up was. The instructions weren't the greatest, but using common sense and the pictures from online, I was able to get this thing set up. The set itself looks professional. In my opinion though, the sounds are kind of weak. Out of about 75 presets, I only use about 6... Some of the other presets are fun and cool for my son to mess around with, but for actual drumming and trying to mimic a real set, I only found about 6 or so presets that even came close. Good thing about this set is that you can use it as a midi controller. I plugged this thing into my PC (Win 7) and opened up my DAW (FL, Reason, Cubase, Ableton, etc) and away I went. Worked excellent with EZ Drummer and Superior Drummer... In both of the aforementioned you have to make your own kit and change some of the midi notes on your DM8 to use the software. The latter, Superior Drummer has a learn function so you can just pick your sound and hit the pad you want to assign it to. I also have interfaced my DM8 with my iPad using a knock off camera connection kit ($7) and an usb cord. I downloaded Garage Band from the app store and it worked perfectly with my DM8. Lastly, there was a $100 rebate with this thing. I sent actual pictures of my DM8 along with the upc and my invoice and I actually got a $100 check in the mail about 10 days later... FYI, I sent my rebate stuff to them via certified... Had someone sign for it so the Alesis people couldn't say that it was lost or something. All in all. I bought my DM8 for $399 after the rebate, so I'm happy. It's an E-Set so don't expect it to compare to a traditional set. The heads are kind of loud, so the mesh head conversion is next. I'm happy with it though... money well spent!!!!

"DM8 Pro like the real thing" submitted November 11, 2012

By John S
Overall
Overall: For the money the DM8 Pro is th best, this kit has Drum heads similar to the Acoustic sets. The repsonse times are dead on, no lag. The cymbals are nice, I had to find the sweet spot when riding the Bell. I didn't think I would care about the zillion different sound settings you could use. I was wrong. It is lots of fun. O'yeah, Like the choke feature on the cymbals

"awesome out of the box" submitted May 16, 2012

By Jon R in Colusa, CA
Overall
Musical Background: 20 years guitarist, 15 years bassist, 5 years piano, lifetime singer. Nothing professional.
Music Style: rock, metal, jazz, country. I may be classified as Electrofolk soon...
Sound: Sound quality? excellent. Everything sounds like it was sampled at very high quality. Responsiveness was just fine for me stock, but all of those things can be tooled to preference. It's compatible with about every style! When you get the drums set up how you like, I would go through and look at the trigger dynamics. Also, for some reason people have been having problems with tom 1..maybe give that tom a lot of sensitivity. I have a feeling it's because of the size of the head. Feature: USB midi in. As described in my top review, this can be used for both MIDI drums and a channel of accompaniment. Ease of Use: plug it in and hit a drum = great sound. I can't really say what the learning curve is like, but I do believe that if you set this set up similar to an acoustic set, it would be a better analog to it than one of those small-padded cheaper ones. Quality: eh. so-so. I think all the savings come from the hardware. The rack joints are plastic, so I imagine they have a short lifespan if you're constantly moving or breaking down the set for mobility. I'm fine with this, personally; I would rather the meat of the product be good than the side dish, so to speak. You could drop new rack hardware onto the supplied rack, or get one built for acoustics. no kick, by the way. I'm fine with a cheap Ludwig one, but it's something to think about as you can actually pay more for a kick pedal than you do for this entire rig. Value: it fiendishly undercuts Yamaha and Roland. By my estimates, Roland's closest model with everything the same or better is the TD-9, and that's...really expensive. The TD-4 or whatever it is seems like one of those practice sets that you plug into Guitar Hero. Manufacturer Support: no dealings with them yet. The Wow Factor: oh...it's pretty. gloss and satin black, shiny black heads, satin black rack..big old hangin' full 16" cymbals...it's pretty awesome. It does not look like a toy one bit, if that's your problem. also a lot of people are doing mesh head conversions to the snare and toms. ALSO, Alesis has a set of cymbals by the Surge moniker that are deadened metal triggers, so....you can have a really nice looking set. Overall: I had only played drums for oh..a hour? before ordering these. After putting it together vaguely like the instructions, plugging it in, and setting up the kick pedal that I bought separately, I was off and running. This isn't a Guitar Hero set for big kids, this is a full-sized set, with big diameter drums, heads that can be tuned, and a little room to grow. I was thinking of getting the DM10, but the extra expenditure wasn't worth it to me right now, though when I become a better drummer I can see wanting to get it. The DM8 head has MIDI-in via USB, and has a cool extra feature of being able to play backup bass/accompaniment at the same time. For Example, I can open up Guitar Pro (I'm a guitarist first, I guess), plug the DM8 into the computer via USB, and tell Guitar Pro to send a song's drum track to the DM8 USB midi channel 10, and the song's bassline to DM8 USB midi channel 1, and all of a sudden my backup band is playing out of my monitors. There's a lot of drum sounds on the module, and they sound really good. A lot of articulation, and they sound REAL. There's also old-school drum machine emulations. You can modify a bunch of effects on the whole kit, or each particular pad sound. Pretty much all the pads are dual zone. The ride is 3-zone. Oh, there's a ride. I didn't mention that...There's a free plug in back for an extra pad that's automatically set to play splash. A creative wirer with a handful of trs>mono adapters could probably make a pretty huge set, if you're okay with single inputs on the snare and cymbals.Each cymbal has a choke. Since I don't play drums much, I don't really care...but some people do. it's not a very natural choke, however. It just turns the sound off that's currently ringing from the pad.Personally, I think the kit's fit and finish are all right, but it could stand to have some modifications to the kit's hardware. The rack clamps are plastic, and I'm bound to overtighten it soon. The rack tubes are 1.5in diameter I think, I dunno if that's standard, but they're also aluminum so they have some durability. I don't know how this kit squares up against a Roland or Yamaha with similar features. I know for sure that the two companies have nothing worthwhile in the same price bracket. Fit and finish may suffer, but not from what I see.

"Great performance on a budget" submitted September 26, 2012

By John S in Moss Point, MS
Overall
Musical Background: 20+ years live proformance from guitars to drums to brass instruments
Music Style: Rock,metal,progressive
Overall: D8 has a great response without being overly bouncey. The only complaint would be the plastic rack but that could be easily replaced. Overall the sound and quality is awesome for the price

"Alesis DM8 Pro Kit Electronic Kit" submitted November 11, 2012

By KaJuan W in Little Rock , AR
Overall
Musical Background: I play the drums and piano.. Play the drums for church for 10+ years
Overall: the best purchase I have made as far as drum set, I have been playing nonstop in my apartment with no complaints except for my wife she says the pads gets too loud if I hit them too hard.... You can do multiple things with the module to best fit your sound with the custom drum sets.. I would recommend to get Dre Beats Studio or Pro or any type of high quality sound canceling headphones with a 1/4 input.

"Alesis DM8 Pro Kit Electronic Drums" submitted August 26, 2012

By Derick Y
Overall
Musical Background: Play the drums, playing for 4 yrs.
Overall: Great kit! When I received it I had to tighten all the pad skins and adjust the sensitivity on all the pads and cymbals. I had a Roland kit before this one and I really like this one better.

"Money Well Spent. Best investment ever." submitted April 25, 2014

By Christian Galvan
Overall
Overall: I looked into Roland sets but Im a big fan of Alesis brands and how adaptable they are. I don't have much to say, but I am very satisfied with the kit. It took some time to get the sound decibles down and understand the button mapping and all, but it was worth the time and effort. great kit for band practice and recording.

"excellent kit for the money" submitted October 25, 2012

By Norm B in South China, ME
Musical Background: 20 years as part time musician
Music Style: rock, blues, pop
Overall: in the time I've had the kit it has performed flawlessly. Plenty of options and voices, best bang for the buck out there in my opinion.

"Buy the kit, but don't count on Alesis' customer service being much help" submitted November 14, 2012

By Jill T in New Bern, NC
Overall
Musical Background: Banging on the drums for a few years. I play at church and a few fun gigs.
Music Style: rock, country, pop, christian
Overall: Ordered and received the kit from zZounds in about two days. Unpacked everything and spent a good bit of time getting everything set up just perfect and to my liking. Connected the snake to the pads, cymbals and module only to discover that the 14" cymbal did not work. I called zZounds customer service and their answer was to either pack everything back up into the box and ship it back to them at my expense or to call Alesis. I called Alesis and spoke with a representative that advised me to pack up the defective cymbal according tho their packaging instructions and ship it to them. Upon receipt of the defective cymbal Alesis would ship a new cymbal to me. Because it must be double boxed and shipped using specific criteria the cost to ship the cymbal for me at the UPS store was over $40.00. This price included the 2 boxes that are required for shipment. All of this took place on October 29, 2012. Today is November 14, 2012, the defective cymbal was received by Alesis on Wednesday, November 7, 2012 during the morning hours and as of today I still don't have a cymbal. I spoke with someone at the Alesis call center today and he indicated that the replacement cymbal had been ordered and would be shipped whenever the call center received it from the warehouse. There are clearly a number of avenues that information and product must pass through. I do not have any hope that I will receive a cymbal anytime soon because the folks at Alesis do not seem to be concerned about a musician needing equipment that works. I really like the kit, but wish I had ordered the DM10 for the extra inputs and level sliders for individual trigger volumes. If you are preparing to play a gig do not wait until the last minute to order this item because if something is defective you will not have a replacement in time to play. Be aware that it will take every bit of 4-6 weeks to receive anything from Alesis. The kit is really good and once you get the trigger sensitivity set and find your niche' for sounds and setup, you will like it. The 8" tom is a pain to get to trigger sometimes, but you just have to find the sweet spot. The ride sounds are good, but be sure to set the trigger parameters and levels for the bow, edge, and bell. The bell triggered inadvertantly and sounded so loud that it left a ringing in my ear for a few minutes.

"Happy customer" submitted August 18, 2012

By Randy George in Santa cruz , CA
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing off and on over the last 30 yrs having owned an acoustic set at one time. I play at home and jam.
Music Style: I play mostly rocand blues.
Overall: I purchased the DM8 Pro Kit with a Transactive amp. The kit was pretty easy to set up but the instructions on using the module could use some work. I use this kit pretty much every day and get together once a week with my son and two others to play some music, so the kit gets a lot of use. The construction is good and seems pretty durable, the only thing is the arm that holds the snare drum. The snare gets a lot of use and arm that holds it tends to twist down causing the snare to do the same. I fixed this problem by using a snare stand, which I see comes with the DM10 Pro Kit but I think should be included in all kits. The kit is nice looking, we played our first gig and people were impressed with its appearance and its sound. I also purchased the Transactive amp and it sounds great and I plan on buying an additional one to give the kit more push when needed. I think if you are looking for an electric drum kit this is worth the money especially with the deal you get from zZounds and they were great to work with. As for rebate, Alesis was also great to work with. When purchasing the kit and amp together you get a $200 rebate. I received my rebate right away but only got $100, I contacted Alesis about this and they realized their error and apologized and sent me the additional $100. As for tech support I only called once about setting on the cymbals and the person I spoke with was not all that helpful, I figured it out on my own.

"Not Impressed with Alesis" submitted February 22, 2012

By Shane Robbins in Denver, CO
Musical Background: Professional Producer
Music Style: Pop, Top 40, Hip Hop and Dance
Overall: First, I love Zzounds. One of the nicest companies to work with. I have never owned anything Alesis before and decided to take a plunge on the Pro 8 kit ( I upgraded the cymbals to the surge cymbals) However, the product came missing numerous key pieces to assemble the set. The set looked nice from what I saw when I was unpacking but I couldn't attach both toms or the Module to the snake because of missing pieces. I contacted Alesis multiple times and heard nothing back (i just tried doing a parts request). 29 days of no response and here I am returning it to Zzounds. I may get another one but we will see. I just want to reiterate that the product seemed nice but the lack of professionalism had turned me off from the company as a whole.

"Sorry, RealHeads do not feel like real heads." submitted August 4, 2011

By a customer from cosmolee.com
Overall
Musical Background: Student
Overall: Alesis DM8 Pro Drum Set. I will focus my comments on the aspect of the Alesis drum set that most differentiates it from other manufacturers' sets, the drum pads. The Alesis sets use what they call "RealHead" pads. These are controllers that use actual drum head skins as part of their pads. Implied in their usage is the possibility that the heads will feel more authentic compared to substitutes such as rubber, mesh, etc, because they use the real thing. Unfortunately, this possibility is unrealized. The Alesis pads do not feel like real drum heads at all, and the pads are hobbled by their design. The bass drum pad feels as if your beater is striking a board. The other pads lack the soft bounce that you feel with real drums. The worrisome aspect of the Alesis pads is the potential for damage they could cause your hands. The impact sensor of the pad is a metal plate underneath the drum head. The only thing between this plate and the drum head is a thin layer of foam. When you strike the drum head with decent force using a stick, the foam bottoms out, and you are essentially rebounding off the metal. This results in feeling the unpleasant physical impact of hitting a hard object. This could harm your hands over extended usage. My teacher noticed this about the Alesis pads immediately when I showed one to him. An actual drum head has a soft rebound response to your strikes. The Alesis pads have a hard rebound response to your stronger strikes. It doesn't require wailing unreasonably hard on the pads in order to feel this, only forceful strikes that are not out of the norm. I found this to be the case with the larger pads - the 12" snare and tom - not so much the smaller toms. Having the foam positioned in direct contact with the drum skin has the unfortunate effect of dampening the response of the pad. It feels like playing on a rubber pad. You do not get the bounce of a real drum head. Although Alesis trumpets the pads as being constructed with rims like real drums, no amount of tightening the heads will give you the bounce response of a real drum head. I tightened them until the frames started to warp from the tension, but couldn't get anything near authentic response. Doing a vertical stick bounce - where you hold a drum stick vertically above the pad about the elevation of the length of a drum stick, and let it drop - gives you an indication of comparative response. There's little rebound from the stick bounce off of the Alesis pad head. You might get 3 inches of bounce - nothing near a real drum head bounce. On an actual snare the stick will bounce more than twice that. I would describe the difference as a "dead bounce" versus a "live bounce". The strike sensor, which has a denser foam covering, only extends partially under an inner circle of the pad. The outer circle surrounding that sensor has a ring of less dense foam. This means that the response, and audible feedback from stick impact on the inner pad is different from the response on the outer pad. It lacks consistency of feel across the pad. The pads are noisy. This makes sense, since the pads use real drum skins. It would be a worthwhile trade-off to have the noise of real heads if the pads had authentic feel. But they don't, so you're left with the worst of both worlds. For me, the Alesis pads are a disappointment. I really wanted to like them - the concept of using actual drum heads for pads is very appealing. Some very expensive electronic kits do this. There really is nothing like the feel of an actual drum head. Alesis seemingly offers the feature at a very attractive price. However, it has executed the concept in a way that undermines the hypothetical realness. Sadly, Alesis' "RealHeads" do not have the feel of real heads.

"Alesis DM8 Pro Kit Electronic Drum Set" submitted April 16, 2012

By Tony S in Jackson, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: Musician for over 30 years, playing percussion, guitar, piano and brass instruments. I play semi-professionally.
Music Style: Rock, blues and jazz
Overall: I recently purchased the Alesis DM8 Pro Kit. When I put the kit together, the ride cymbal did not work properly. With some further digging in, it appeared to be a problem with the controller, so I contacted Alesis via their website technical support to see if I could just get the controller replaced. After two days without response, I attempted to call Alesis on their customer service line where I left a message. After another two days of waiting for a response, I decided to return this product altogether and purchase the Roland kit instead, and am I glad I did. Don't waste your time with Alesis. Their product is terribly inferior, and their customer service is non-existent! Definitely go with an alternative product and save yourself the headaches! And if pro-level quality is what your after, then just go for the Roland. You won't be sorry you did!

"BEST LOOKING SET I HAVE SEEN,GREAT VALUE,GREAT SOUND,BETWEEN ZSOUNDS AND ALESIS YOU CAN NOT GO WRONG!!!!!!!!!" submitted July 10, 2011

Musical Background: 30 yrs as drummer
Music Style: blues,jazz,rock
Sound: tom 1 did not register all the time.....got in touch with zsounds and they were going to send me a free shipping pass to return the kit for a refund or a new kit(outstanding response)however,I got in touch with Alesis and the problem was corrected immediatley.You can expand the trigger sounds by using the 2 ply approach.....great touch by Alesis.Overall sound is great. Feature: the 2 ply system and reverb are great.........loads of other features I still am getting use to..........for the money,I can not ask for more. Ease of Use: lot of trigger features,it takes some time to get use to,after a week now I am getting accustomed to the various adjustments. Quality: great stand,solid head and triggers Value: I can see asking more money for this set. Manufacturer Support: yes,took a day for email return,also,you can call them....they are eager to help out.(SEE SOUND) The Wow Factor: 10.............never have seen a set that looks this good. Overall: it is expandable,solid and great sounding....I plan on having this set forever.

"outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" submitted July 5, 2011

Musical Background: 30 yrs as drummer
Music Style: blues,jazz,rock
Sound: As close as you can get to acoustic drums.Real drum heads feel great,sound quality is a 9.5,large adjustable tension heads...........excellent overall experience.....worth every penny....roland loooook out!! Ease of Use: many options to choose from...takes a little time to get use to. Quality: solid all the way around Value: every penny and then some Manufacturer Support: no problems as yet The Wow Factor: a 10 Overall: will not need another set,,,this one is expandable

"The good, the Bad and the Ugly or in this case sexy!: The negative is that tom 1 sometimes does not register all the hits. I" submitted July 5, 2011

Overall
Music Style: rock, country , gospel.
Sound: Very realistic sound. Many sounds to choose from and allows you to make your own kit and adjust levels for each pad. So if you are a little light on the kick pedal you can crank it up a notch without turning up the other pads. Feature: Complete kit. Easy set up in 25 minutes if you take your time. Ease of Use: The interface is pretty self explanitory. No need to study a manual. Quality: Durable rack. Value: You get a lot of bang for your buck but.....there are some kinks that need to be ironed out. Not sure if its user error or what. See "overall" The Wow Factor: She looks AWESOME! Overall: Overall a lot of bang for the buck. Nothing compares in this price range that I have seen.

"I'm impressed." submitted January 12, 2012

By Ron H in Sugar Land, TX
Musical Background: Son has played for 9 years - guitar, bass, drums, vocals
Music Style: Death Metal
Overall: Bought this set for my son this Christmas. He has a death metal band and was bowled over opening this well packed set. I was very impressed with the quality of construction, also. It went together easy and he was banging away in 40 minutes. The band's very experienced drummer was blown away with the quality of sound using a double pedal and the set's quality construction. They are using this set in the studio instead of the drummer's 'real' drumset because of the ease of setup and the awesome sound. Very well done, Alesis! And thank you so much zZounds.

When you call, mention priority code 1732-3H17. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976