When you call, mention priority code 146D-LGJK

Rating and Reviews: Akai LPK25 Keyboard

The ultra-portable Akai LPK25 USB MIDI laptop keyboard is less than 13" across, but big on features, with an arpeggiator, sustain button, and tap tempo.

Akai LPK25 Keyboard Customer Review submitted May 14, 2011

Overall
Sound: This Keyboard Controller is a really good product. I was looking for a controller that was small and compact so that I could easily carry it around with my laptop. I went with the smaller more compact Korg Nano keyboard controller at first. I was not satisfied with that product because it was just too flimsy and it didn't have a real keyboard feel to it. I then purchase the Akai LPK25 and realized it should have been my first choice. Even thought it was a little larger and bulkier then the korg, it was still very portable and had a much better feel to it. It's still a very basic controller, but it dose that job very well at a price that I can appreciate. The only negative experience I had with it was that the keys are small and the pressure sensitivity of the keys are sometime non responsive. Quality: Well Built
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"The Great and Amazing Akai LPK 25" submitted March 11, 2011

By a customer from windstream.net
Music Style: Ambient, Triphop, Trance
Sound: Received the Akai LPK 25 on February 16, 2011. Not a novice to music and music performance but I had never really got into midi controllers and using DAW software. So this is my first experiment into the world of midi. For the price of this midi controller I am extremely amazed! This little controller is solid, and the velocity sensitive keys are wonderful and helps create that more "human sound" when playing. I have been using it with Ableton Live and it's really a lot of fun how simple but great this product sounds. Feature: The Akai LPK 25 was a snap to install! Actually there is really nothing to it, just plug it into a usb port and you are done! Just that simple. It did come with little piece of software for setting up the arpegiattor which can be set to external control so it can sync with your DAW's timing or you can set it independently. There was no fuss setting it up in Ableton, in fact there was nothing to setup. I just plug in the LPK 25, startup Ableton and it automatically just works. Ease of Use: Very easy to use, small and portable. Great as an added piece to your 'mini studio' setup, or for taking on the road so you have an easy device to record ideas anytime/anywhere inspiration may hit. Quality: Great quality, the keys feel great, it definitely doesn't feel cheap when you play which surprised me to be honest. Value: The price is what blew me away. As a person that wanted to get into midi for the first time I was always a bit put off by the higher priced controllers and was specifically looking for something that not only offered what some of the higher priced controllers did but for a nice low price. If and when I do upgrade to a more elaborate setup, this LPK 25 will still definitely be used as a wonderful tool that is portable, and great for testing out musical ideas on the go. Manufacturer Support: Not applicable... not had to contact support for anything yet "knock on wood" it's worked 100% since I've had it and just been a lot of fun. The Wow Factor: Small, portable, yet the feel is very professional, the velocity sensitive keys and the feel of the keys is done very well, which shocked me that the price wasn't much higher.
15 of 17 people (88.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Akai LPK25 Keyboard Customer Review submitted October 21, 2010

Sound: This little keyboard is so amazing, I got it to use with Reason (and a few other DAW's), and it really has mind-blowing responsiveness to the nuances of how hard you play. If you've got a pretty decent computer, and are using something like Reason, you can adjust the latency etc. to play what you play almost immediately without delay. The only downside is that the keys are pretty small(but that's so you can take it anywhere and use it)...But trust me, you'll quickly get used to the small keys. One other thing: Be very careful about plugging it in. If it's not fitting, don't push very hard, because you can push the inside of the plug down inside the piano. Other than that, this thing is pure gold.

"Great keyboard BUT with issues...." submitted March 4, 2012

By Zeph Kramer in State College, PA
Musical Background: Keyboards, Drums, 10 years
Music Style: New Age, Rock, Classical
Overall: I really like this keyboard - small light and compact, easily fits in a bag for the road warrior musical producer. The keys are nice, and i like the easy transpose feature, which slides up the scale an octave in either direction. The biggest complaint I have however, is that the usb input, is a bit flimsy. I unplugged my usb cable and it seemed to shift and maybe dislodge the wiring. Now it registers as connected only half of the time, even though it is plugged in always. This could be a great tool, but it needs SERIOUS revisions.

"Pleased in NYC, keyboard lite weight and extremely portable." submitted December 23, 2010

By a customer from verizon.net
Musical Background: hobbyist - begginer
Music Style: "drum and Bass'' Jungle and Reggae
Sound: Has with most Akai products the sound quality is exceptionally and is compatible with most software. Ease of Use: It has 25 keys and is portable, most software are compatible with this keyboard. But you may have to fine tune the software. Quality: The keyboard is made well responds to touch pretty accurately. No sticking of the keys and no need to hit extremely hard. It is also lite weight and fits in most laptop bags easily Manufacturer Support: I have not dealt with the company personally. Overall: I purchased this product for portability and I am pleased. Don't forsee any future problems. I would recommend it for that feature alone. This company also make larger keyboards which are able to take advantage of the every expanding softwares that are available.

When you call, mention priority code 146D-LGJK. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976