Sweet Sounds, Flash Expansion, Audio Over USB -- Why Pay More?Loaded with Motif XF sounds and effects -- plus the capability to add even more via its flash board slot -- the Yamaha MOXF6 keyboard synthesizer has just what live performers and producers need to get out of a sonic rut. In addition to awesome sounds, this 61-key synth boasts useful performance tools, hundreds of preset performances, and unique VCM effects to help those creative juices flow while you're composing or jamming. A built-in 16-track sequencer, 4-in/2-out USB audio interface, and DAW interfacing capabilities make Yamaha's MOXF6 not just a fun performance synth, but a powerful production instrument as well.
As the compact 61-key version of the MOX, the MOXF6 boasts Yamaha's semi-weighted keybed with initial touch -- yet weighs under 16 pounds!
Do More with the Motif Sound EngineBoth in the studio and on the performance stage, the MOXF6 provides the creative tools you need to help you play your best. The innovative Performance mode lets you combine up to four of the 1,152 voices together and play them on one MIDI channel, and in turn, layer sounds or play dynamic solos along with drums and bass backing tracks. Meanwhile, the synth's 4-part interactive Arp engine makes it simple to intensify your playing with 7,981 types of arpeggios on tap.
Yamaha has added some 136 new voices to this MOX release! Unless your composition calls for something really exotic, you're bound to find the instrument or voice you need to fill in the blanks. The MOXF6's preset library includes high-quality, super-usable instruments like grand pianos, electric pianos, organs, strings, wind instruments, orchestral sounds, guitars, basses, and drums, plus unique vintage and modern synth sounds. When you just want a convincing grand piano, turn to the MOXF6's highly detailed digital re-creations of two Yamaha grand pianos.
So that you never run out of sounds, the MOXF6 is compatible with the voices and libraries of Yamaha's Motif XF and Motif XS keyboards. The optional Flash board lets you add up to 1 GB of additional samples to your setup.
Effective FXYamaha's Advanced Virtual Circuit Modeling effects enhance the voices, yielding the textures of vintage EQs, analog compressors, and phasers. The MOXF6 also features the effects found in Yamaha's digital recording consoles, as well as the REV-X reverb found in the company's SPX2000. Vocoder effects allow you to run your MOX8 through one of the richest-sounding filters out there -- the human voice! Just connect a microphone to the synth's A/D input terminal and apply effects to your voice, create harmonies, and more.
Make the MOX the Center of Your StudioWith the built-in 16-track sequencer, you can record high-quality tracks in real-time, right on the MOXF6, without having to plug into a computer or some other external device. Produce music on the fly! Along with real-time recording, the keyboard boasts a helpful step recording feature, which enables you to record very precise phrases or difficult passages without skipping a beat.
Send Audio and MIDI to your DAW over USBUsing the synth's built-in 4-in/2-out USB audio interface, you can record the MOXF6's internal sounds, capture guitars and vocals, and more, straight to your computer. It's compatible with all the major DAWs. What's more, USB connectivity and keyboard controller functionality allow you to integrate VSTs into your performances with nothing but your MOXF6 and a computer. And you can transmit those 4x2 channels of audio, plus MIDI, to and from your computer over just one USB cable!
Play Alongside Your DAWA suite of bundled software makes it a no-brainer to integrate the MOXF6 with your computer-based studio. You get MOXF Editor for editing voices and mixing parameters; MOXF Remote Editor for controlling VST templates; Steinberg's Prologue virtual analog synthesizer and YC-3B Organ Emulator software instruments; and more.
Want to use the MOXF6 to control DAW software? No problem. The keyboard sports a special remote mode made just for that, so you can use the buttons on its panel to open and close software windows, add instrument tracks, and select VST instruments. Likewise, you can use the AI knob as a jog wheel or set so that any parameter you mouse over in your DAW can be controlled automatically.
Easy to PlayNo-nonsense controls and modes make it easy to figure out the MOXF6. Browse instrument voices with Category Search mode, build up layers or split performances with Performance Creator, and so forth. Outfitted with a semi-weighted keyboard, the MOXF6 weighs just 15.65 pounds.
Learn more about the Yamaha MOXF6 keyboard synthesizer:
Features:- Semi-weighted 61-key performance synthesizer
- 128-Note polyphony for lush performances
- Massive preset library with a range of instrument voices
- Expandable sound set -- compatible with the voices and libraries of Motif XF and Motif XS keyboards
- Optional Flash board lets you add up to 1 GB of additional samples
- 256 Preset performances in rock, world, hip-hop, jazz, and other styles
- Advanced VCM effects for adding vintage EQs, analog compressors, and phasers to your sound
- 16-Track song and pattern sequencer with real-time loop remix
- Built-in 4-channel USB audio/MIDI interfacing
- Extensive DAW/VST controls for full integration in your computer-based studio
- Lightweight build (15.65) for portability
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Yamaha products.
- Tone Generator: AWM2, with Expanded Articulation
- Polyphony: 128 notes
- Multi-timbral Capacity 16 parts: (Internal), A/D input part
- Wave: 741MB (when converted to 16-bit linear format), 3,977 waveforms
- Voice Preset: 1,152 Normal Voices + 72 Drum Kits
- GM: 128 Normal Voices + 1 Drum Kit
- User: 384 Normal Voices + 32 Drum Kits
- Performance User: 256 (up to 4 parts)
- Filter: 18 types
- Effect System: Reverb x 9 types, Chorus x 22 types, Insertion (A, B) x 54 types x 8 parts, Vocoder x 1, Master Effect x 9 types, Master EQ, Part EQ
- Sequencer: block
- Note Capacity: Approx. 226,000 notes
- Note Resolution: 480 ppq (parts per quarter note)
- Maximum Polyphony: 124 notes
- Tempo: (BPM) 5 - 300
- Recording type: Real time replace, Real time overdub, Real time punch in/out (Song only), Step
- Tracks Song: 16 sequence Tracks (Loop on/off can be set for each Track), Tempo Track, Scene Track
- Pattern: 16 Phrase Tracks
- Pattern Chain: Pattern Track, Tempo Track, Scene Track
- Songs: 64 Songs
- Mixing Voices: 16 Voices per Song/Pattern (up to 256 Voices)
- Mixing Templates: 32 for all Songs and Patterns
- Scene Memory: 6 per Song
- Patterns: 64 Patterns (x 16 sections)
- Measures: 256 maximum
- Phrases User Phrases: 256 per Pattern
- Arpeggio Preset: 7,981 types
- User: 256 types
- Sequence Format: Original format, SMF format 0, 1 (Format 1 load only)
- Others Master User: 128
- Controllers: Pitch Bend wheel, Modulation wheel, Assignable Knob x 8, [DATA] dial x 1, Assignable
- Function buttons: x 2
- Display: 240 x 64 dot, backlit LCD
- Connectors: OUTPUT [L/MONO]/[R] (standard phone jack), A/D INPUT [L]/[R] (standard phone jack), [PHONES] (standard stereo phone jack), [FOOT CONTROLLER], FOOT SWITCH [ASSIGNABLE]/[SUSTAIN], MIDI [IN]/[OUT]/[THRU], USB [TO HOST]/[TO DEVICE], DC IN
- Power Consumption: 13W
- Dimensions: (W x D x H) 40.5" x 14" x 5"
- Weight: 15.65 lbs
- Accessories: AC adaptor, USB cable, Owner's Manual, Online Manual CD-ROM x 1, Cubase AI download information
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 714-522-9011
Product DescriptionYamaha has updated the popular MOX Series with Motif XF technology found in the MOXF6 by adding the XF's sounds and effects and even a Flash Board option slot. Because it's compatible with Motif XF and MOX data, there is a huge collection of sound and sample libraries and optional software available right away. The MOXF has all the abilities you need -- compatibility, expandability, portability, and affordability. It brings MOTIF XF music production power to a generation of players and producers.