Computer-based recording systems have their place, but they can't compete with the ease and convenience of capturing directly to CD. Blank CD-R and CD-RW media is remarkably inexpensive -- and it's a format that just about everyone can play. Perfect for direct-to-disc recording of worship services, music lessons, lectures, live performances and more, the Tascam CD-RW900SL pairs top-quality 24-bit analog-to-digital converters with a simple-to-use interface. A host of handy playback features make the CD-RW900SL great for pre-show or special music -- and it's also an ideal solution for converting your cassette tape collection to compact disc. With this robust, professional rack-mountable recorder, Tascam will have you creating your own CDs in no time.
New Slot-Loading Drive, PC Keyboard Support, and More
Tascam's top-selling CD-RW750 model has helped make CD recording the standard in churches, schools, and performance venues of all kinds. For the updated CD-RW900SL version, Tascam has added several oft-requested features. A PC keyboard (PS/2) input on the front panel lets you type a disc title and track names to burn as CD-TEXT, plus you can access most menu functions directly from a keyboard you provide (or the included wireless remote control). Tascam has also replaced their old tray with a robust slot-loading CD drive on the 900SL model -- perfect for popping in CDs when the recorder is installed at eye-level, with no plastic tray to break. And like its predecessor, CD-RW support means the CD-RW900SL can erase digital data, or simply un-finalize a disc for adding additional tracks without discarding what's already burned.
Why It's Better Than Your Old Cassette Deck
Not only does the Tascam CD-RW900SL sound clearer and cleaner than recording to cassette (thanks to its crisp 24-bit A/D converters), it's packed with features designed for stress-free live recording. Synchronized recording automatically starts when an audio signal is detected, and automatic track division creates a new CD track when the sound level drops below your threshold (adjustable from -72 to -24 dB) for more than 2 seconds. Just press a button to smoothly fade in the beginning or fade out the end of your recording, adjustable from 1 to 30 seconds. Digital coaxial and optical inputs let you make exact copies from digital sources like MiniDisc, CD, or DAT -- or plug in your venue's digital console's output for the cleanest all-digital signal path. Of course, the CD-RW900SL also has standard analog RCA I/O, so you can record any source.
Improved Playback Functions
You may already have a CD player in your rack for playback purposes. Why not replace it with a Tascam CD-RW900SL that can do it all? The CD-RW900SL has professional playback functions like Auto Ready mode, which plays a single track and pauses in "playback ready" on the next track -- a must-have for live theatre sound effects. The 900SL model also adds MP3 playback complete with ID3 tags, so you can see track titles and artist names as they play -- and navigate through layers of folders on discs with a folder hierarchy of MP3s. And pitch and key controls let you adjust playback pitch/speed up or down 16% -- or increase speed without changing the pitch.
Right At Home With Your DAW
Even if you've committed to computer-based DAW recording, the Tascam CD-RW900SL is a rock-solid "safety" backup for the unexpected computer crash. Need two great channels of A/D conversion to get into your DAW? Pop in a blank CD and put the CD-RW900SL in Monitor mode. Even when you're not recording to CD, the 900SL will pass its input signal to its digital and analog outputs for you to hear -- and to capture on a separate recorder. Just press record on the 900SL to roll, pause, fade out and stop at any time, while continuing to pass the input signal uninterrupted. It's live recording peace-of-mind -- conveniently contained in 2 rack spaces.
- 2U rack-mountable design
- Slot-loading CD mechanism
- Switchable automatic or manual track division
- Sync record start -- automatically detects input level
- Fade in/fade out recording
- Input level monitoring -- passes input through to outputs in record-ready mode
- Dedicated front-panel left and right input level control
- Adjustable CD burning rate and audio conversion resolution
- CD-RW support with erase and un-finalize functions
- Playback speed control to +/- 16%, with or without changing pitch
- Power-on play -- starts disc playback automatically, perfect for pre-show or walk-in music
- MP3 playback
- 24-bit ADC and DAC converters
- Analog RCA, coaxial and optical digital S/PDIF inputs and outputs
- PC keyboard input for fast entry of CD-TEXT disc and track titles
- Wireless remote control included
Since the early 1970s, Tascam has been a leader in home recording and broadcasting. Inventions include the 1/2-inch 4-track cassette recorder, the 8-track reel-to-reel/mixer combo, the first R-DAT recorder, and more.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Slot Loading Transport
- 24 bit A/D and D/A converters
- Sample Rate Conversion
- MP3 file Playback
- MP3 Action setting
- Key Control (change the key w/o changing the speed)
- Pitch Control
- Auto Cue from menu
- Auto Ready from menu
- S/PDIF coaxial and optical digital I/O
- RCA Unbalanced analog I/O
- +/- 16% pitch control on playback
- Power on Play
- Sync Record Start
- Auto or Manual Track Division
- All, single, or A-B repeat play
- Elapsed, remain, total, and total remain time display
- Continuous, single, random, or program (up to 99 songs) play
- Erase or Un-Finalize for CD-RW discs
- Selectable disc reading speed
- Dedicated L/R input level control
- Digital Attenuator
- CD-TEXT read and write
- PS/2 Keyboard input for CD-TEXT input and remote control
- Wireless (I/R) remote control unit (included)
- Selectable Infra-red remote Enable/Disable
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 13 lbs
One of the most popular CD recorders on the market, the CD-RW900SL, features a robust slot-loading transport, 24 bit A/D & D/A converters, MP3 playback, key control, sample rate conversion, and selectable CD disc reading speed.
The CD-RW900SL provides dedicated analog front panel input control, rear panel unbalanced (RCA) I/O, and S/DIF digital I/O (optical and coaxial). Recently added features include Auto Cue and Auto Ready from the menu, selectable I/R remote Enable/Disable, and MP3 Action Setting (prevents accidental termination of continuous MP3 playback).
The features the user has come to expect from Tascam are also included; Pitch Control on playback (0.1 to 1.0% in 0.1 steps), Auto or Manual track division, Sync Record Start, Power on Play, Elapsed, Remain, Total and Total remain Time display, and CD-Text read and write.