Functioning far beyond the envelope of traditional audio devices, MR816 CSX fuses a fully-featured FireWire interface and inbuilt DSP FX power with next-generation integrative technologies into one breathtakingly powerful production environment. Developed by Steinberg and Yamaha, this Advanced Integration DSP Studio is the hardware centerpiece of a latency-free recording and monitoring environment that fully exploits the flexibility and power of Steinberg's renowned Cubase Music Production System.
- True Integrated Monitoring(tm) with full faderless mixing: no latency, DSP-powered FX and dynamic 1:1 hardware/software mirroring with Cubase
- Complete Cubase user interface integration throughout: direct access from Cubase with no additional software mixing application or external windows required
- Eight discrete Class A analogue 'D-Pre' mic preamps with combination XLR and TRS analog inputs with advanced inverted Darlington circuits, hardware gain knob, phantom power and -26dB Pad switch per channel
- Quick Connect: next-generation of plug and play as well as on-the-fly routing of inputs to Cubase channels from the hardware with the push of a button
- DSP Power for Cubase: VST3 onboard DSP-powered FX with eight Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strips with compressor and EQ and one REV-X reverb: also available within Cubase during mixing
- Instant setup: Cubase automatically detects the MR hardware and comes with ready made templates as well as automatic project I/O configuration
- Full, flexible connectivity: eight analogue, one ADAT(r), one S/PDIF and Coaxial I/O and WordClock sync
- Extendable system with daisy-chaining of up to three units providing up to 24 analog inputs and outputs
- Includes Cubase AI4: hassle-free recording and creating music right out of the box thanks to the fully featured starter version of the world's most popular music production software platform
- Supports Apple OS X 10.4/10.5 and Windows XP/Vista: includes ASIO and CoreAudio drivers as well as additional external software mixer and plug-in editors for using with 3rd party audio software
True Integrated Monitoring
Offering real-time, independent and most importantly no-latency mixes with FX for several performers is an engineering challenge in itself, and there are only one or two FireWire I/O interfaces on the market that can achieve this. Even these units are functionally isolated from the DAW software forcing the user to use additional mixing applications, in turn hampering workflow and splintering what should be a truly integrated production system.
The answer? Cubase and MR816 CSX. A solution defined by its ease-of-use, flexibility and pure functional elegance. Running with Cubase, MR816 CSX removes any need for additional mixing software between DAW and I/O - all aspects of I/O handling, DSP management and independent performer mixes are handled directly from within Cubase itself. With Cubase 4, these performer mixes are realized using the Studio Sends in the Control Room - a unique system that is completely integrated into the Cubase 4 mixer.
With the unique True Integrated Monitoring technology, Cubase manages all audio streams with perfect sync. No-latency mixes for performers with DSP FX are managed side-by-side with mixes played back through the Cubase audio engine that combine hard disk audio data and live streams being recorded at the same time - all within Cubase. Combined with other unique features, True Integrated Monitoring allows a highly efficient workflow that boosts productivity to greater levels. The technological know-how required for this level of integration results directly from the ongoing cooperation between Steinberg software engineers and the hardware experts at Yamaha.
MR816 CSX provides all the audio I/O connectivity needed for any audio recording situation:
- Eight 'D-Pre' XLR/TRS combo connectors with Class A discrete preamps with +48v and -26dB pad switch per channel
- Eight analog balanced TRS outputs for separate studio performer mixes and a variety of different monitoring setups
- One Hi-Z input for electric guitar or bass
- Optical input and output port for ADAT digital audio streams or S/PDIF optical
- S/PDIF coaxial input and output
- WordClock port
- Two independent headphone outputs with individual level control from the front panel
- Two inserts for integration of additional hardware FX
D-Pre Mic Preamps
The MR816 CSX features the current generation of Yamaha microphone preamps: The 'D-Pre'.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of