For the modern DJ, life has gotten simpler thanks to the Pioneer DDJ-S1 DJ Controller for Serato. This all-in-one controller packs all the tools a digital DJ needs into one portable, budget-friendly package.
Designed for Serato DJ Software
Paired with a computer running Serato, the DDJ-S1 DJ controller is designed as a portable replacement for two CDJs or turntables and a mixer. That means no media to lug from gig to gig -- just your laptop and the DDJ-S1, making this a great all-in-one solution for a DJ on the go. With plug-and-play USB connectivity, setup is a breeze. Just connect your laptop via USB, tuck your laptop into the integrated laptop dock, cue a track, and press play. Skip to the middle of a track with the Needle Drop ribbon strip. With the DDJ-S1, your music won't drown you out when speaking over the mic. Just speak into a connected microphone and the DDJ-S1 will automatically reduce the music volume while you're talking.
Unlock the full potential of Serato DJ Software with the DDJ-S1. With a hardware layout similar to two Pioneer CDJ2000s and a mixer, navigating the DDJ-S1 will be intuitive to anyone familiar with the Pioneer DJ gear or Seratro DJ software.
- 2-channel DJ controller with mixer and effects
- USB connectivity with Mac or PC
- Designed for integration with included Serato DJ software (may require software download and firmware update)
- Professional layout similar to a pair of Pioneer CDJs and mixer
- Integrated laptop dock brings the screen closer to the DJ
- Song progress LED indicator and Needle Drop ribbon strip makes track navigation a breeze
- Built-in sound card for professional-quality sound
- Both microphone inputs are equipped with automated talk-over function
- Balanced XLR and RCA outputs
- Two microphone inputs (XLR, 1/4-inch) and RCA auxiliary input
- Two headphone monitor outputs (1/4-inch and 1/8-inch mini-plug)
- Two microphone inputs (XLR, 1/4-inch)
- P-LOCK Fader Cap system prevents fader caps from slipping
- Powered via USB or with included AC power supply
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Included Software: Serato ITCH
- Input Terminals: MIC x 2 (top XLR / 1/4 inch PHONE x 1, front 1/4 inch PHONE x 1) AUX x 1 (RCA)
- Output Terminals: MASTER OUT x 2 (XLR x 1, RCA x 1) HEADPHONE MONITOR OUT x 2 (front 1/4 inch PHONE, Mini Pin)
- Other Terminals : USB B connector x 1
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.01% or less
- Included AC Adapter: Power 120 V AC 60 Hz, rated output 5 V DC
- External Dimensions: 26.8 in (W) x 3.7 in (H) x 12.5 in (D)
- Weight: 11 lbs
- Compatible OS: Mac OS X (10.4.11, 10.5.11, 10.6 or later) Windows(R) 7 Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate Windows Vista(R) Home Basic/Home Premium/Ultimate/Business Windows(R) XP Home Edition/Professional (SP2 and later) (Note: Is not compatible with Windows(R) XP Professional x64 edition)
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Base Item
- Shipping Weight: 15 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions,
please call the manufacturer at 800-421-1404 or 800-782-7210
The Pioneer DDJ-S1 DJ controller is specifically designed for use with the popular Serato ITCH(tm) DJ software and for the next generation of DJ entertainers who leverage digital music files at home or on the go. The Pioneer DDJ-S1 features the same operability and functionality of a professional player and mixer set up in addition to exceptional audio quality.
The Pioneer DDJ-S1 allows for easy transfer of music from the user's laptop with a USB connection for simplicity and quick "plug-and-play" capability. For additional convenience, the controller also comes with a space saving computer dock that allows a laptop's keyboard to slip directly under the controller, enabling its monitor to be closer to the DJ to provide fast visuals of song information while mixing. The device adopts Pioneer's "P-LOCK Fader Cap," designed to prevent the fader caps from slipping.
Plug-and-play USB Connectivity
All buttons and knobs have been pre-assigned, so users can quickly connect the controller to their laptop with the use of a USB cable, enabling them to start their performances without having to adjust any complicated settings. Additionally, the DDJ-S1 can be powered through the laptop's USB port. *
Input and Output Options
The controller is equipped with various inputs and outputs including a balanced XLR output and two microphone inputs (XLR, 1/4 inch phone) for connection to professional equipment.**
Designed for Serato ITCH
The Pioneer DDJ-S1 offers tight integration with Serato ITCH DJ software and is loaded with original functionality. Unique features include song progression status on a LED display; an alphabetic search function for quick song selection from large music collections; and a slip mode for looping, reversing, and scratching without changing the song tempo. The Pioneer DDJ-S1 also includes needle search functionality to quickly skip through songs to a preferred playback point.
The controller layout and Serato ITCH software interface are the same, ensuring ease-of-use and precise control. The Pioneer DDJ-S1 is modeled after the established design of the professional Pioneer DJ player and mixer and integrates centrally placed level meters and an effect control area, so DJs can add Serato ITCH DJ FX to the mix.
The controller is optimized for Serato ITCH DJ software and incorporates technology from Pioneer's professional line of DJ equipment to ensure the highest quality sound output.
- Plug-and-play USB Connectivity with 2-channel deck control
- Multiple Input and Output Options
- Designed Specifically for Serato ITCH DJ Software with Advanced Pioneer Functionality
- Specially Designed User Interface
- Proprietary lock mechanism called the P-LOCK Fader Cap designed to prevent fader caps from slipping.***
- Premiere built-in sound card
- Both microphone inputs are equipped with a talk-over function to lower the music volume when receiving voice input from the microphone.
* Some functions are limited. Furthermore, depending on the power supply of the USB port of the computer, the controller of may not operate on bus power. If this occurs, connection of the included AC adapter is required.
** Devices to amplify sounds such as microphone, amplifier, or speaker.
*** According to research by Pioneer as of November 2010. Patent pending.
Laptop/notebook NOT included