Create a Network of Pulsating Metronomes with the Peterson BBS-1! The Peterson BodyBeat Sync represents the ultimate in musical tempo reference devices. As a fully featured metronome, it is capable of transmitting the beat by visual, aural and tactile means. Wireless functionality allows two or more Peterson BodyBeat Syncs to work in synchronicity with one another, allowing the networking of multiple units on stage, in the recording studio, band room or anywhere the precise synchronization of a performance and its performers is required.
Flexible Usage Options
The Peterson BodyBeat Sync can store up to 100 user presets consisting of tempo, meter, subdivision and accent pattern. All preset information is transmitted to each synchronized unit as well as the current bar count of the active preset. If the 100 user presets do not provide enough versatility, the "tempo map" from an entire musical score can be stored in the BodyBeat Sync via the mini USB cable. A standard MIDI file can be used or a custom "tempo map" can be designed via the free application on the Peterson BodyBeat Sync website. Additionally, the Peterson BodyBeat Sync can be driven by a DAW using MIDI Clock via the mini USB cable.
BodyBeat Metronome Features:
- Audio, Visual or Tactile delivery modes
- Feel the beat from the vibration clip
- 3 different audio choices
- Feel or hear a variety of subdivisions and accent patterns
- 10 to 280 BPM tempo range with tap tempo feature
- Independently selectable time signature components
- Wide variety of subdivisions displayed in notation format
- Meter-based accent patterns ( additive meters )
- Store up to 99 presets
- Load and play MIDI tempo maps
- Sync to external DAW MIDI time-code
- Lockout panel to prevent accidental changes to settings
- Encoder dial for quick entry of values
- Built-in speaker with volume control
- USB rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery
- USB connection for MIDI and firmware updates
Wireless Synchronization Features:
- Wirelessly synchronize an unlimited number of performers
- Any BodyBeat Sync can be a Master device or synchronized to a group of units
- Join an existing group of Syncs even after formation
- Multiple groups can perform in the same area with no interference from one group to another
- Wide wireless range does not rely on line of sight
- Use one BodyBeat Sync to control another patched to the PA
- FCC approved -transmits outside standard wireless audio range
- Synchronized units display the Master unit's settings
- Output for headphones or PA system
- Aux output switches other devices at tempo rate (Normally open contact)
- Attaches to mic or music stand with optional Peterson mounting clamp
- Backlit, high contrast LCD display
- Pocket-sized compact design
Metronome Engine: Endlessly Customizable
The Peterson BodyBeat Sync features a complex metronome engine capable of producing endless combinations of rhythmic patterns. Meter or Time Signature parameters are independently adjustable allowing 1 - 12 beats per measure over a beat value of 2, 4, 8 or 16. Subdivision selections are based on the chosen beat value and will display correctly notated for 1 beat. Selectable Accent Patterns vary upon the number of beats per measure and allow for the division of longer beat counts into groups of 2 and 3 ( every possible combination included ). Tempo can be adjusted from 10 - 280 BPM.
Practice Patterns: Most Valuable Presets
There are 14 additional Presets beyond the initial 100 user definable memory locations in the BodyBeat Sync that are named rather than numbered. These additional presets are two bar patterns in which only the tempo setting is editable / storable. 2-3 and 3-2 presets of Son, Rumba and Bossa clave patterns are provided in 4/4 and 6/8. Common bell patterns such as Cascara and Agogo are also available in both clave directions.
Wireless Synchronization: Get the Whole Band Together
The Peterson BodyBeat Sync has the ability to form synchronized, wireless groups of unlimited members. Any BodyBeat Sync can either function as a "Master" or leader of the group, or as a "Sync" unit or member. Creating or joining a group is simple. Once a group is formed, each member or leader of the group will remember its group and its role within the group even when shut off and on. Members of a group of Peterson BodyBeat Sync Metronomes will stay perfectly synchronized within a 75 yard radius of the master. If the maximum range is exceeded, group members will automatically re-sync once returning to a distance within the range. While changes to the master will not be transmitted when the range is exceeded, the group member will continue at the most recent metronome settings. Individually formed groups of metronomes will not interfere with each other as they operate on wireless network protocol. For example, a group of 20 Peterson BodyBeat Sync metronomes or 5 unique groups of 4 can operate within the same room.
USB Functions: Store MIDI Tempo Maps
Other than the hardware control interface, the Peterson BodyBeat Sync's metronome can be driven by two additional methods with the help of the USB port located on the right side of the unit. Connect the Peterson BodyBeat Sync to a computer using the provided mini USB cable. Select USB Audio Device as the MIDI output port to transmit a MIDI clock signal. When this signal is present, the tempo setting on your Peterson BodyBeat Sync is under the control of your MIDI capable software. The Peterson BodyBeat Sync is capable of storing 9 MIDI Tempo Maps in its local memory. A MIDI Tempo Map is a MIDI file that has been imported into the BodyBeat Sync via the BodyBeat Sync USB software. Once imported, only the meter changes, tempo changes and number of bars are stored in the BodyBeat Sync memory. Up to 999 bars can be stored in each of nine memory locations. MIDI Tempo Maps can also be created from scratch using a free online application on the Peterson BodyBeat Sync website. Create up to 999 bars of meter and tempo information with the intuitive 'drag and drop' interface. View your creation as a chart or list of tempo and meter events.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of