NS Design NXT5 Omni Electric BassThe NS Design NXT5 Omni Bass, with the familiar 34 inch bass guitar scale, is designed for the bass guitarist interested in adding the character and expressiveness of an acoustic upright bass, or the NS electric upright, to his performance palette. Available in four & five-string configurations, these well-priced instruments are produced in the Czech Republic with the same meticulous care as NS Design's renowned CR Series Omni Bass.
NS Designs self-powered Polar Pickup System, with its pizz/arco selector switch, captures the essence of plucked or bowed playing with stunning richness, control and clarity. The Omni Bass responds to the bow with a natural and expressive voice, combining powerful bass resonance with brilliant harmonics. The strings are easily driven, making it possible for bassists with little bowing experience to add this beautiful dimension to their music.
The NXT Omni Bass also incorporates NS Design's innovative JackPot potentiometer in its volume and tone controls. Conventional passive volume and tone controls work by siphoning a portion of the output signal to ground, and continue to hold back a portion of the pickup's signal even when turned up all the way. The JackPot incorporates a rotary switch that disengages the ground when turned fully clockwise, delivering 100% of the instrument's signal. For stage or studio, the NXT Omni Bass delivers robust output and full-spectrum tone for the ultimate sound with any system.
The 34" scale length of the Omni Bass mirrors a standard electric bass, so when tuned in fourths the fingering positions and spacing are identical to the bass guitar. The fingerboard also features the TransRadius profile. For a left-hand feel which is familiar to the experienced bass guitarist, the radius at the nut is ten inches. At the end of the fingerboard near the bridge, however, the radius is just 2.5 inches, large enough to maintain good string-to-string articulation with the bow, yet still comfortable for pizzicato (plucked/picked) style. The asymmetrical fingerboard relief facilitates an even 'growl' from the higher strings and a clear, powerful lower register.
The solid maple body and neck, together with the graduated Richlite fingerboard, deliver a rich, full tone that rings true for every note. The adjustable bridge and truss rod allow for low, fast action, or for higher string settings that encourage the traditional acoustic player to 'dig in' with gusto. NS Electric Omni Bass Strings and standard bass guitar strings fit the Omni Bass, adding unlimited set up options for musicians who want to explore & create their own unique sound.
The Boomerang Strap System is standard with the NXT Omni Bass. Two articulated arms and a pivoting hub allow full mobility on stage or in studio. The comfortable Boomerang strap fits over the shoulder just like a guitar, but the adjustable arms allow the instrument to be placed in virtually any position in relation to the hands and body. The Boomerang Strap System allows full mobility for either bowing or plucking.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of NS Design products.
- LENGTH: 113 cm (44")
- WIDTH: 15 cm (5.7")
- THICKNESS: 10 cm (4")
- WEIGHT: 3.2 kg (7 lbs.)
- SCALE LENGTH: 86 cm (34")
- STRINGS: 4-string E,A,D,G; 5-string B,E,A,D,G or E,A,D,G,C
- BODY/NECK: Solid, straight grain maple, with maple face (Black model) or flame maple face (Sunburst model) on body.
- FINGERBOARD: Hand-graduated Richlite. Intonation referenced with cascading dot markers & side dots.
- TRUSS ROD: Single Action, accessible at nut.
- TUNING HARDWARE: 12:1 ratio, fully encased worm gear tuners, black finish.
- POLAR PICKUP: The Polar directional piezo pickup system responds selectively to lateral string vibration, for bowing and for the percussive plucked response of a traditional acoustic instrument, or to vertical string vibration, for remarkable even and sustained plucked sound more like a guitar. A switch allows the player to choose the desired response.
- ELECTRONICS & CONTROLS: Passive circuit with high impedance output, no batteries required. Volume control and Tone control (treble roll off).