The Nord Piano 2 HA88 lets you play, split and layer sounds from both the Nord Piano Library and the Nord Sample Library and features a versatile effect section - all in a portable package sporting a premium 88-note Hammer Action keybed.
The Nord Piano 2 comes loaded with a selection of amazing sounds from the Nord Piano Library - their specialized library for Grand, Upright and Electrical Pianos, Clavinet and Harpsichords.
All the sounds have been recorded using their state-of-the-art sampling techniques to capture the extraordinary nuances and unique characters of the source instruments and covers everything from brilliant, factory new Grand Pianos to detuned upright bar pianos with tons of charm.
The entire Nord Piano Library is included on DVDs and new additions can be downloaded free on the Nord Piano Library page. Replacing the sounds in your Nord Piano 2 is simply a matter of dragging and dropping files in the Nord Sound Manager for Mac and Windows.
The included Nord Triple Pedal has Soft and Sustenuto Pedals in addition to a unique Dynamic Sustain Pedal enabling the use of half-pedaling and "release and catch" techniques.
Long Release adds a slightly longer release to the tone, which can be suitable when playing legato.
Advanced String Resonance reproduces the intricate interplay of piano strings resonating at their fundamental or harmonic frequencies when other notes are played on their Upright and Grand piano sounds.
Pedal Noise recreates the mechanical sounds of lifting and releasing the damper mechanism, producing the characteristic thomp and sizzle sounds. The Pedal Noise feature responds dynamically to the force/momentum used when pressing or releasing the pedal.
Sample Synth Section
The Sample Synth section in the Nord Piano 2 supports the extensive Nord Sample Library - containing over 1000 quality sounds from leading sample producers as well as the exclusively licensed sounds of the Mellotron and Chamberlin.
The Nord Sample library is updated on a regular basis and new additions can be downloaded for free! See the Nord Sample Library section to learn more and to listen to the sounds available!
The Sample Synth section has dedicated knobs for adjusting the attack and release and volume of the selected sound. Volume can also be controlled with an optional Volume Pedal and the Sustenuto pedal on the Nord Triple Pedal can be used as a separate Sustain/Gate Pedal for the Sample Synth section for advanced layering possibilites.
With the included software Nord Sample Editor you can even create your own sample instruments. Load your .WAV-files, assign them to keys on the keyboard and transfer them to the Nord Piano 2 to play them instantly. The Nord Sample Editor can also assist you in looping and mapping your sounds.
The Nord Piano 2 has an extensive Effect section with great, tweakable effects. Each effect section can be assigned to either the Piano or the Sample Synth section and lets you instantly add some dirt, glimmer or atmosphere to your sound.
- Effect 1 - Pan, Tremolo, Auto-wah (stereo)
- Effect 2 - Phaser, Flanger and Chorus (stereo)
- Delay - Stereo delay effect with Tap Tempo button
- Three band EQ, with sweepable mid
- Compressor/Amp - Twin, JC, Small (mono), Tube distortion (stereo) and compressor (stereo)
- Reverb with six algorithms - Room 1 & 2, Stage 1 & 2, Hall 1 & 2
The Nord Piano 2 has dedicated knobs and buttons for all vital functions a player needs in a performance situation. Transposing, setting up a split point or creating a layered sound is accomplished in seconds. There are 240 locations, organized in 2 banks with 24 pages with 5 programs each. The Nord Piano 2 also has 5 Live locations that automatically save the current settings - ideal as a sketching pad at rehearsals when trying out new sound combinations in the search of the perfect sound.
The Fatar TP-40 keybed in each Nord Piano 2 is calibrated at the Clavia factory to ensure an even and homogenous response. Furthermore, 4 selectable Dynamic Response Curves let you adjust the response of the keybed to your playing style, and these can be stored indiviually with each program.
The Nord Piano 2 is the most lightweight (18 kg/40 lbs) professional 88-key stage piano on the market.
MIDI Over USB
The USB-port on the Nord Piano 2 also serves as a USB-MIDI interface. No driver required for Mac OS X and a WHQL certified driver is available for Windows.
Just plug your MP3 or CD player to the Nord Piano 2 monitor input to play along, rehearse to or jam with previously recorded music without the need of an external mixer or sound system. The signal is monitored through the headphone output.
- 88-note Hammer Action keybed
- All sounds can be replaced
- Nord Piano Library compatible
- Nord Sample Library compatible NEW
- Layer and split-functionality NEW
- Dynamic Pedal Noise
- Comprehensive Effect section
- Delay Effect NEW
- Stereo Tube Overdrive NEW
- Advanced String Resonance (Gen 2)
- Long Release NEW
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
Clavia Nord products.
- LCD Display
- 2 banks with 24 pages each, 5 programs - 240 locations
- Live Mode - 5 Live programs
- Global Transpose: +/- 6 semitones
- Program Transpose: +/- 6 semitones
- Fine-tune: +/- 50 Cents
- Kbd Touch: 4 velocity response curves
- Split functionality with selectable split point
- Layer functionality
- Mono Output option
- Dynamic Sustain Pedal action with the included Nord Triple Pedal
- Free OS updatesPiano Section:
- 6 types - Grand, Upright, Electric Piano 1, Electric Piano 2, Clavinet and Harpsichord.
- Each category can contain up to 9 different models.
- 40/60 Voices Polyphony (stereo/mono pianos)
- Advanced String Resonance (Generation 2) - adjustable amount
- Selectable Long Release for Grand, Upright, Electric Pianos and Harpsichord
- Selectable Pedal Noise for Grand, Upright and Electric Pianos 1 - adjustable amount
- Octave Transpose: -1/+1Sample Synth Section:
- Up to 99 sample instruments
- 15 Voices Polyphony
- Attack and Release controls
- Octave Transpose: -1/+3
- Sustenuto pedal can be set as sustain or gate pedal for the Sample Synth section.
- Volume controllable with Volume Pedal (not included)Memory:
- Approx. 500 MB dedicated to the Nord Piano Library
- Approx. 128 MB dedicated to the Nord Sample LibraryFX Section:
- Effect 1 - Pan, Tremolo, Stereo Auto-wah. Three selectable depths for the pan and tremolo, rate controlled with the Effect 1 Rate knob
- Effect 2 - Stereo Phaser, Flanger and Chorus. Three selectable depths, rate controlled with the Effect 2 Rate knob
- Delay - Four levels of feedback amount, Dry/Wet adjustment. Tempo can be set manually or with Tap Tempo button. Range: 20 ms ~ 750 ms
- Three band EQ, with sweepable mid. +/- 15 dB gain/attenuation (100 Hz, 4 kHz and 200 Hz ~ 8 kHz)
- Comp/Amp - Twin, JC, Small (mono), Tube distortion (stereo) and compressor (stereo). Drive/compression amount controlled with the Drive knob.
- Reverb with six algorithms - Room 1 & 2, Stage 1 & 2, Hall 1 & 2, Dry/Wet control
- Each effect can be assigned to either Piano or Sample Synth sectionCONNECTIONS:
- 2 Audio outputs L & R - 1/4", 6,35 mm jacks, unbalanced
- 1 Monitor input - 1/8", 3,5 mm stereo jack
- 1 Headphone output - 1/4", 6,35 mm stereo jack
- 1 Piano pedal input - 1/4", 6,35 mm jack. Use the included Nord Triple Pedal or a momentary pedal, like e.g, Roland DP-2, DP-6, Yamaha FC-4, FC-5, Fatar VFP1-25 etc
- 1 Volume Pedal input - 1/4", 6,35 mm TRS stereo jack. Use a Control/Expression pedal like e.g. Yamaha FC-7, Roland EV-5 etc.
- MIDI In, MIDI Out - 5 pin DIN connectors
- USB - type B connector - for transferring sounds and USB-MIDI
- IEC320 C18 power connectorDimensions:
- Piano: 1287 mm (50.7"), 121 mm (4.8"), 340 mm (13.4")
- Pedal: 264 mm (10.4"), 224 mm (8.8"), 70 mm (2.8")Weight:
- Piano: 18,3 kg (40.3 lbs)
- Pedal: 2 kg (4.4 lbs)Included Accessories:
- Nord Triple Pedal
- User Manual
- Power cord
- Nord Piano Library v5 DVD-ROM
- Nord Sample Library DVD-ROMOptional Accessories:
- Nord Keyboard Stand EX
- Nord Soft Case
- Nord Music Stand
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 55 lbs