C. F. Martin & C. is pleased to introduce a very special Custom Artist Edition, the 00-DB Jeff Tweedy, designed in collaboration with Grammy Award winning Wilco frontman, Jeff Tweedy. This special limited edition instrument will be built for 2 years only. The 00-DB Jeff Tweedy Edition was inspired by one of Jeff's many love worn Martins.
It is a traditional 14 fret 00 size guitar with a deeper body for fuller sound and a modified V shape neck with long scale (25.4 inch). The top, back, and side of the guitar are all constructed from 100% FSC certified mahogany and it features a unique mahogany sunburst top inspired by a Martin Museum piece Tweedy has long admired. The interior label of each instrument is personally signed by Tweedy and numbered in sequence. The guitar is Martin's first Custom Artist model that is 100% FSC Certified, an important distinction for both Tweedy and Martin.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Model: 00-DB Jeff Tweedy
- Construction: FSC Certified Cherry Blocks - Mortise/Tenon Neck Joint
- Body Size: 00-14 Fret - Deep Body
- Top: Solid FSC Certified Mahogany
- Rosette: Old Style 18
- Top Bracing Pattern: Hybrid
- Top Braces: Solid FSC Certified European Spruce - 5/16 in.
- Back Material: Solid FSC Certified Mahogany
- Back Purfling: Style 18
- Side Material: Solid FSC Certified Mahogany
- Endpiece: Tortoise Color - Brown
- Binding: Tortoise Color - Brown
- Top Inlay Style: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- Neck Material: Solid FSC Certified Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Modified V
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid FSC Certified Mahogany
- Heelcap: Tortoise Color - Brown
- Fingerboard Material: FSC Certified Black Richlite
- Scale Length: 25.4 in.
- Number of Frets Clear: 14
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-3/4 in.
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2-1/4 in.
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Foden Style - White Corian
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss - Mahogany Burst
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: FSC Certified Black Richlite
- Bridge Style: Straightline with Drop-In Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-5/16 in.
- Saddle: 16 in. Radius/Compensated/Bone
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open-Geared w/ Butterbean Knobs
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Light Gauge (MSP7100)
- Bridge & End Pins: Black
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color
- Case: 620 Molded
- Interior Label: 2 Paper Labels - 1st Signed by Jeff Tweedy, Numbered in Sequence without total, 2nd - FSC Small Uke Size Mixed Sources
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 17 lbs