Two Analog Preamps in One Stompbox
The Moog Minifooger MF Boost effect pedal is more than a boost pedal -- it's an expression-enhancement tool designed to let you tailor your tone with natural-sounding compression, and a switch that lets you boost your decibel level with a genuine analog amplifier. Two independent and switchable analog amplifiers are offered -- a voltage-controlled amplifier and a clipped operational-transconductance amplifier -- as well as independent gain and level controls so you'll have the versatility to dial in warm, tone-enhancing compression of any flavor, whatever volume you may be playing at.
Watch this demo from zZounds:
Dual Analog Amplifiers
The MF Boost is not just any ordinary boost/compression pedal -- it's actually two distinct 100% analog amplifiers dripping with warm overdrive and natural compression. Whether you're looking for purely vintage tone enhancement, or you want to add color to the rest of your effect rig, MF Boost is a powerful tone enhancement tool that's sure to refine your sound.
Boost of Expression
Connect your favorite external expression pedal and you'll be able to adjust the gain without even bending over to adjust the knob. What's more, an expression pedal provides an extended decibel range compared to the top-mounted control knobs, granting you the ability to boost your sound to the next level.
- Boost footswitch with pure analog circuitry
- Two distinct, switchable signal pathways -- VCA (voltage-controlled amplifier) and clipped OTA (operational-transconductance amplifier)
- VCA path offers 6 dB boost (12 dB with expression pedal)
- Clipped OTA path offers 12 dB boost (18 dB with expression pedal)
- Functions as a clean or dirty boost pedal and as a volume pedal
- Improves tonal clarity of your instruments and enhances the performance of other effect pedals
- Controls for Gain, Level, and Tone
- Expression pedal port lets you control gain and offers an extended decibel range compared to using the knobs alone
- True analog bypass
- Designed to work with guitars and basses
- 1/4-inch input and output
- 1/4-inch port for expression pedal (sold separately)
- Powered via 9V battery or with optional 9V power adapter (sold separately)
- Rugged cast aluminum enclosure
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Moog Music products.
- SIGNAL PATH: 100% Analog
- BYPASS TYPE: True bypass
- POWER: +9VDC
- WEIGHT: 18oz (0.5kg)
- ENCLOSURE: Cast aluminum
- DIMENSIONS: (D x W x H) 5.75 x 3.25 x 2.25? (14.4 x 8.3 x 5.8cm)
- GAIN: -65dB - +18dB
- TONE CONTROL: 165 Hz - 20KHz Lowpass Filter 6dB/Octave (wet signal only)
- EXPRESSION: Controls Gain (Max Input level +5VDC)
- INPUT IMPEDANCE: 1 MegaOhm
- OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: 100 Ohm minimum
- CURRENT: 8mA
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 828-251-0090
Moog Minifooger MF Boost Effect PedalThe Moog Minifooger MF Boost is an Expression enhanced, twin topology boost pedal that allows you to select between an articulate VCA signal path and a colored OTA signal path. This completely unique boost design works with your guitar and amplifier to conjure boutique sound and responsiveness from any guitar/amplifier combination. Its natural compression and sound enhancement also bring out the best tone and performance in other effects pedals. When paired with an expression pedal, the MF Boost can be used as a tone enhancing volume pedal or sweepable-gain boost pedal. The expression pedal input also provides access to higher gain values not available on the panel.
Sets the input gain from off to maximum. With the Boost switch in the down position (VCA mode), this knob should be set to maximum. In this setting you will notice tighter bottom, focused midrange, and a more open top end. With Boost in the up position (clipped OTA mode), the sound is creamy and lightly compressed with a slightly more forward midrange.
In the down position, signal is sent through the VCA signal path providing clean, articulate tonal enhancement with a subtle 6dB boost (12dB+ w/ expression). This setting feels and sounds like a boutique amp in a pedal. With the switch in the up position, signal is sent through the clipped OTA path providing 12dB of boost (18dB+ w/ expression). This path has a creamy, classic tone that bonds guitar and amplifier for everything from subtle bite and drive to singing leads. Both settings have a naturally occurring musical compression.
At higher settings this control adds openness, note articulation and picking detail. In this setting the top-end in your amplifier is sweetened while remaining smooth, the mids become focused, and the bottom end appears more robust and tight. At lower settings the Tone control can be used to fatten up an amp or tame harsh top-end.
Level allows you to trim the output of the Boost while maintaining input gain coloration. This control does not go completely off.
EXPRESSION PEDAL INPUT
This input is assigned to Gain. With Gain set to minimum, an expression pedal can be used as a volume pedal. At the mid setting in clipped OTA mode, the expression pedal allows you to swell in and out boost levels musically. At maximum, use an expression pedal to add input Gain not available on the panel of your MF Boost and overdrive your amp.
Features:- Articulate tone enhancement tool that you leave engaged
- Two selectable signal paths with natural compression
- Transparent tone circuit adds articulation, Nashville cluck, or removes harshness
- Can be used as a clean boost pedal, a dirty boost pedal AND a volume pedal
- Expression pedal adds gain past the panel setting
- True Bypass