Kurzweil SPS4-8 Digital Stage PianoFor those who prefer the variety of SP4 series quality sounds and MIDI controller features in a more attractive cabinet with built-in sound system, the Kurzweil SPS4-8 is just right. The graded-hammer keyboard action and integrated yet separable stand combine the best features of a floor-standing digital piano and a pro-quality portable stage piano.
Kurzweil's SP4-8 is the modern successor to their best selling SP88/X, which famously combined world-class Kurzweil sound quality with previously unheard of affordability and portability. The updated SP4-8 makes available to more players than ever the same sound set featured in their hugely successful PC3 line of professional keyboards, in an instrument that is slim, lightweight and extremely easy to use.
Good Things Come In Small PackagesAt Kurzweil, they realize that many musicians have the need for a keyboard instrument that is both compact and lightweight. The SP4-8's enclosure is slender, elegant and easy to lift; once set up it leaves the smallest possible footprint, which means that you, not your keyboard, will be in the spotlight.
Up And Running In Record TimeWith a user interface that's intelligently designed to make things as easy for you as possible, the SP4-8 provides the features that are most important, right where you'd want them. Create splits and layers with the touch of a button (up to 4 zones); select presets and setups from easy to access category and program buttons; quickly adjust effects parameters; everything is laid out so that you can be up and running and making music right out of the box.
No CompromisesWhile the SP4-8 is the most affordable keyboard that Kurzweil currently offer -- no compromises were made and no corners were cut when it came to its sounds. Featuring 128 hand-picked programs taken directly from the acclaimed PC3 line, the SP4-8 delivers the best of the best in every category of sound, with the famous Triple Strike Grand Piano, classic electric pianos and lush strings and orchestral instruments, along with top notch basses, guitars, winds, brass, percussion and drums. They even included some of their signature KB3 organs, with all KB3 parameters accessible via external MIDI control. Furthering the sonic pallet, the SP4 can also load programs created on their PC3 and PC3LE series keyboards*; additional sounds are also available for download on Kurzweil's website. Its 16-part multitimbral architecture makes the SP4-8 a powerful tool for writing and recording music in conjunction with an external sequencer or Desktop Audio Workstation.(*within the limits of the SP4's DSP resources)
Icing On The CakeIn addition to utilizing programs from the PC3, the SP4-8 also features dozens of the PC3's professional quality effect chains. Everything from flawless concert hall reverbs and crisp delays to powerful distortion and amp simulation effects add another layer of depth and realism that can only be found in a Kurzweil. The most relevant effects parameters have been mapped to the SP's Timbre knob, so you can customize your sound without having to dive into menus or manuals.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Kurzweil products.
- Keyboard: 88-note, graded-hammer action (LK40GH)
- Display: 16 character LCD w/ front-panel contrast adjust
- Polyphony: 64 Voice Polyphony, dynamically allocated
- Multitimbral: 16 parts (one per MIDI channel)
- Quick Split/Layer: Easy access with adjustable relative volume (up to 4 zones)
- Factory Presets: 128 (taken from the acclaimed PC3 sound set, including select KB3 organs and KVA synths)
- User Presets: 64
- Factory MIDI Setups: 64
- User MIDI Setups: 64 (with 4 programmable zones for splits and layers)
- Effects: Dozens of complex effect chains taken from the PC3, with everything from concert hall reverbs to amplifier simulations and rotary effects
- Controllers: Pitch ribbon, modulation slider, 1 front panel knob, 1 switch-pedal input (supports optional, dual-pedal), 1 continuous control pedal input
- Analog Outputs: Two 1/4" balanced TRS analog (24-bit DACs)
- Analog Inputs: Two 1/4" balanced TRS inputs; mix into speaker system
- Sound System: Stereo 19W/channel at <1% THD+N; 48W maximum total power, Two 4 x 6" woofers (in ported enclosure), Two 1" neodynium magnet dome tweeters
- Headphones: 2 front-mounted 1/4" outputs
- MIDI: In, Out
- USB: Complete MIDI functionality over USB, User program/setup file transfer to/from PC/Mac, Operating System updates from PC/Mac
- FREE OS Updates: OS updates over USB
- FREE Sounds: The SP4 can also load programs created on the PC3 and PC3LE series keyboards (*within the limits of the SP4's DSP resources). Additional sounds are also available for download on Kurzweil's website (loaded over USB)
- Dimensions (H x D x L): 4.5" x 14.5" x 51.75", (11.43 x 36.83 x 131.45 cm)
- Weight: 41 lbs., (18.6 kg)
- Power: 90-250V free voltage external power supply (19VDC, 3.42A)
Kurzweil products are warrantied for a period of one year.
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 310-355-8052