The Fender Bassman 100T's reputation precedes itself. This is the legendary 100-watt all-tube head that has appeared onstage and in the studio for decades now -- always delivering an incredible and versatile tone with a slick vintage look.
Open up the Fender Bassman 100T, and you'll see 2 x 12AX7 tubes driving the preamp. This is where the essence of the 100T's tone comes from, creating a voice that is full of character and nuance. Driving your signal and adding further depth and color to your sound are 1 x 12AT7 and 4 x 6L6s in the power section. The rectifier on this baby is solid-state and doesn't obscure or color the warmth of the tone.
Two Channels and Plenty of I/O
On the front panel you've got 2 x 1/4-inch jacks for the independent Vintage and Overdrive channels. There are an additional pair of 1/4-inch jacks on the rear panel for your FX loop, as well as the must-have Ground Lift switch to kill any potential ground loops. The XLR Line Out is how you'll run your Bassman direct when you bring it into the studio to harness its tonal power with precision in Silent Record mode. When it's time to get loud, you'll run the Bassman to your cabinets with 2 x 1/4-inch parallel outputs.
Power Cut, Variable Impedance, and More
A few other features make this amp a joy to work with. First, the Power Cut switch allows you to come down from 100 watts to 25 watts instantly, cutting your volume by 75% while preserving exactly the same tonal character -- very useful! There is an impedance switch (8, 4 or 2 ohms) that will allow you to use the Bassman 100T in conjunction with a number of speaker cabinets. The Master Volume has a Push/Pull mute, too.
Straight-Up Vintage Aesthetic
The black textured vinyl is offset here with the uber-classic silver grille cloth that is both retro and, by now, timeless. The Meranti plywood cabinets are absolutely rock solid and ready to outlive you. Two spring-loaded side handles and one dog-bone top handle helps you port your baby.
- 2 x 12AX7 Preamp Tubes
- 1 x 12AT7 and 4 x 6L6 Power Tubes
- Solid State Rectifier
- Vintage and Overdrive Channels
- 2 x 1/4-inch Inputs
- FX Loop
- XLR Line Out with Ground Lift
- Level Control
- Pre/Post EQ Switch
- 2 x 1/4-inch Parallel Speaker Outputs
- Black Textured Vinyl Covering with Silver Grille Cloth
- Red LED Jewel
- Output Power Selector Switch (100W/25W) - Fender Automatic Biasing
- Impedance Switch (8, 4 or 2 ohms)
- Push/pull mute On Master Volume
- Footswitch Included
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Controls: Vintage - VOL, BASS (pull DEEP), MID, TREBLE (pull BRIGHT); Overdrive - GAIN, BLEND, VOL, BASS (pull DEEP), MID FREQ, MID LVL, TREBLE (pull BRIGHT); MASTER (pull MUTE)Weight And Dimensions
- Amplifier Length: 10.63" (27 cm)
- Amplifier Width: 24.5" (62.2 cm)
- Amplifier Height: 10" (25.4 cm)
- Amplifier Weight: 48.5 lbs. (22 kg)Power Rating
- Output Power: 100 Watts
- Power Handling: 100 Watts @ 8, 4 or 2 OhmsControls And Connections
- Channels: Two - (Vintage, Overdrive)
- Inputs: Two - (1/4", Input 2 is at -6dB)
- Effects Loop: 1/4" - (Preamp Out, Power Amp In)
- Line Out: One - (XLR with Ground Lift, Level Control, and Pre/Post EQ Switch)
- Speaker Jack: Two 1/4" Parallel (Internal and External)Hardware
- Amplifier Covering: Black Textured Vinyl Covering with Silver Grille Cloth
- Cabinet Material: 7-Ply 5/8" Meranti Plywood
- Control Panel: Painted Metal
- Handle: Two Spring-Loaded Side Handles, One Dog-Bone Style Top Handle
- Knobs: Vintage-Style Skirted Black Plastic
- Amplifier Jewel: Red LED JewelTubes
- Pre Amp Tubes: 2 x 12AX7
- Power Tubes: 1 x 12AT7 and 4 x 6L6
- Rectifier: Solid StateAccessories
- FootSwitch: 1-Button Footswitch IncludedMiscellaneous
- Other Features: OUTPUT POWER selector switch offering: 100W mode (full power), 25W mode (with automatic volume adjustment, identical tone at a lower volume!), SILENT RECORD mode (allows use of the tube power amplifier without speakers connected, XLR 'POST' signal is taken from power amp output). FENDER AUTOMATIC BIAS for output tube monitoring/adjusting
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 57 lbs
- Blonde and Oxblood
- Shipping Weight: 58 lbs
Powerful, innovative and versatile for stage and studio alike, the Bassman 100T is a professional-level 100-watt tube head with enormous Fender bass sound and sparkling vintage Fender looks. Its dual-channel design uses modern technology to maximize classic technology, with classic Fender '60s "blackface" styling and a wealth of innovative features on the front and rear panels.
Features include a tube preamp (two 12AX7s) and power amp (one 12AT7 and four 6L6s); Vintage channel that delivers the full, warm sound of a classic Fender passive tone stack; Overdrive channel that delivers the aggressive and responsive sound of a modern active tone stack (choose between channels with included footswitch); rear-panel Fender Automatic Bias system that constantly monitors and re-biases tubes for perfect performance and alerts you when service is required; XLR output that delivers overdriven power amp tone (great for recording); rear-panel Output Power switch that lets you play or record at full 100-watt power, quieter 25-watt power, or silently via internal power soak (which captures the signal post-power amp); impedance switch (8, 4 or 2 ohms) and master volume with push/pull mute.