The Orchestra CD belongs to Cordoba's Fusion series, a line of high quality crossover or hybrid style nylon string guitars designed to play and feel like steel string acoustics. The Orchestra is the first full-body model in the Fusion series, and the only acoustic model.
Although the Orchestra is full-bodied, its shape is slightly altered from that of a traditional nylon string guitar, accented by a light mahogany binding. Like the other Fusion models, the Orchestra's neck is carved thinner than traditional Spanish-style "classical" guitars, and has a nut width of 48mm or 1 7/8". These slimmer dimensions combined with a radiused fingerboard give the Fusion series guitars the feel and playability that most steel string and electric guitar players are used to. Tonally the Fusion series models have all the warmth, body, and resonance that traditional "classical" nylon string guitars are known for, and are built using traditional Spanish guitar methods like domed soundboards and fan bracing patterns in the design.
The Orchestra is built with the classic combination of a solid Canadian cedar top and Indian rosewood back and sides. The neck has 12 frets to the body and an ebony fingerboard. The bridge and headstock overlay are made of rosewood, and the rosette is hand inlaid using maple and rosewood rings. With mahogany binding and a high gloss PU finish, the Orchestra is the perfect blend of traditional materials with modern aesthetic touches. A deluxe Cordoba gig bag is included as well.
Cordoba's Fusion series was first to effectively merge the feel of a steel string with the tone of a "classical" guitar, and with a variety of wood options and finishes is the most comprehensive line of crossover style nylon string hybrids on the market.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
Cordoba Guitars products.
- Top: Solid European spruce or Canadian cedar
- Back & Sides: Indian rosewood
- Binding/Bridge: Mahogany binding/Indian rosewood bridge
- Purfling/Inlay: 3 ply maple and ebony top, back, and side purfling
- Rosette: All natural inlaid wood rings
- Finish: High gloss PU finish
- Neck/Fingerboard: Mahogany neck/Ebony radiused fingerboard /Fusion Style Neck
- Truss Rod: Yes, 4mm
- Scale Length: 650mm (25.6")
- Nut Width: 48mm (1 7/8")
- Fret Marker Inlays: Mother of Pearl at 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, 15, 17
- Nut/Saddle: Bone
- Number of Frets: 12 to body, 19 total
- Bracing/Build: Spanish fan bracing
- Body Width & Length: 275mm (10.8") at upper bout, 365mm (14.4") at lower bout
- Body Depth: 98mm (3.9") at upper bout, 99mm (3.9") at lower bout
- Tuning Machines: Cordoba Silver Tuning Machines
- Strings: Savarez Corum Alliance High Tension, 500AJ
- Electronics: NA*
- Tap Plate/Pick Guard: NA
- Case: Cordoba gig bag
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 10 lbs