Your voice will never be the same: with the Boss VE-20 voice performer pedal, vocal effects, pitch correction, and even looping and layering are all just a footswitch away. Available as a stompbox-style unit, the VE-20 packs in a number of specialized effects for singers -- including Harmony, Double-Track, Dynamics, Reverb, and Delay -- along with real-time pitch-correction tools, a phrase looper, and special effects like distortion and strobe for when you want to get real funky. Intuitive controls and the option to run it on batteries make the Boss VE-20 a stand-out choice for live performers.
High-Quality, Toe-Driven FX and Harmony
The VE-20's easy-to-use interface makes it a piece of cake to take total control of your vocal sound. Call up a setting before singing your tra-la-las, without having to program anything or flip through a lot of menus. You can choose from a number of essential effects, such as Reverb, Delay, Dynamics, and Chorus, or edit the effects provided in order to enhance your voice with something totally different.
Smart Harmonies On Board
With this live vocal effects pedal, one-person bands get instant backup. Add lush harmonies to your lead vocals as you sing by selecting the harmony interval of your choice or by creating multi-part stacks and then saving them for instant recall. Double Track provides another way to thicken your vocals.
Alongside harmony and pitch-correction tools, the VE-20 features a collection of special effects, including the well-known, sometimes controversial "Cher effect" and others such as Robot, Strobe (rotary), Distortion, Chorus, and Reverb.
Have Fun with Real-Time Looping and Layering
The onboard phrase looper gives you 38 seconds of mono record time to loop and layer phrases in real time. Just sing, record, loop, and overdub.
If you're used to using Boss pedals, you will have the VE-20 vocal pedal figured out before you even open the user manual. It boasts solid metal construction designed to withstand a few kicks, as well as a familiar footprint that allows it to fit into existing multi-pedal Boss pedalboards and travel cases. With the VE-20 Vocal Performer, all you have to do is give it a tap or a stomp to add lush vocal layers and harmonies to your singing.
- Vocal effects pedal puts specialized effects for singers in an easy-to-use stompbox format
- Tap into effects such as Harmony, Double-Track, Dynamics, Reverb, Delay, and more
- Create instant 3-part harmonies and layers
- Real-time pitch-correction tools help you stay in key
- Special FX section includes Distortion, Radio, and Strobe
- Phrase Looper offers 38 seconds (mono) of recording time
- Phantom power for condenser microphones
- Runs on 6 AA-batteries or AC adaptor (PSA)
- Easy operation and rugged construction are ideal for live performances
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
Nominal Input Level:
- INPUT: -20 dBu (Mic Sens = 40)
- INPUT: 4 k ohms
Nominal Output Level:
- OUTPUT: -20 dBu, PHONES/LINE: -4 dBu
- OUTPUT: 600 ohms, PHONES/LINE: 66 ohms
- Sound: 30 (Preset) + 50 (User)
- Mono 38 sec.
- 16 characters, 2 lines (backlit LCD)
- INPUT jack: XLR type/1/4 inch TRS phone type, OUTPUT jacks (L/MONO, R): XLR type, PHONES/LINE jack: Stereo 1/4 inch phone type, DC IN jack
- DC 9 V: Dry battery LR6/R6 (AA) type x 6, AC Adaptor (PSA series)
- 180 mA (9 V max.)
- Expected battery life under continuous use: 2 hours (Carbon), 8 hours (Alkaline)
- * These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
Accessories Included: Owner's Manual, Leaflet (USING THE UNIT SAFELY, IMPORTANT NOTES, and Information), Dry battery LR6 (AA) type (alkaline) x 6
Optional: AC Adaptor (PSA series)
Size and Weight ((including batteries))
- Width: 173 mm6-13/16 inches
- Depth: 158 mm6-1/4 inches
- Height: 57 mm2-1/4 inches
Weight: 1.1 kg2 lbs. 7 oz.
*0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 4 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions,
please contact the manufacturer at 323-890-3700
Who says stompboxes are just for guitarists? The easy-to-use VE-20 has been designed from the ground up for singers, featuring some of the finest vocal-effects technology on the market. With the click of a footswitch, you can instantly add lush vocal layers and harmonies to your singing, add realtime pitch-correction, and you can show your creative side with special effects such as Distortion, Radio, and Strobe. You can even create loops and layers in real time with the onboard Phrase Looper. Perform anywhere with the VE-20 since it runs on AC or battery power.
- Specialized effects for vocalists, including Harmony, Double-Track, Dynamics, Reverb, Delay, and more
- Create the total of 3-part harmonies and layers
- Realtime pitch-correction tools
- Special FX, including Distortion, Radio and Strobe
- Phrase Looper with 38 seconds (mono) of recording time
- Phantom power for condenser microphones
- Runs on six AA-batteries or AC adaptor (PSA)
- Easy operation, road-tough BOSS construction
BOSS VE-20 takes your voice to a different level! VE-20 is packed with essential, high quality effects for vocalists such as Reverb, Delay, Dynamics, Chorus, and more. These effects has been difficult for vocalists to have control of, but now the VE-20 offers incredible easy user interface to totally control your vocal sound. Simply dial up your favorite setting and sing -- no programming required. VE-20 is a practical vocal effects processor even for first timers. Of course, if you want to roll your sleeves up and create, the VE-20 has a variety of editing tools onboard.
Add lush harmonies to your lead vocals instantly as you sing. Select the harmony interval of your choice, or create multi-part stacks, such as upper third and lower fifth, and save them for instant recall. You can also thicken your vocals with Double Track. Best of all, the VE-20 is incredibly easy to use. There's no need for programming, and you don't need to input notes from a keyboard as you do with a Vocoder -- simply sing and let the VE-20 do the rest!
Sing, record, loop, and overdub with the onboard Phrase Looper, inherited from BOSS's popular RE-20XL Loop Station. You get 38 seconds of mono record time to loop and layer phrases, and you can do it all in real time onstage. From doo-wop to human-beatbox, this tool will wow audiences!
In addition to its harmony and pitch-correction tools, the VE-20 offers a colorful and expressive collection of special effects, including Electric (made famous by artists such as Cher and Black-Eyed Peas), Robot, Strobe (rotary), Distortion, Chorus, and Reverb.
With the same solid-metal construction as other BOSS stompboxes, the VE-20 is built to last. Its footprint is identical to BOSS Twin-Series pedals, ensuring that it will fit perfectly into existing multi-pedal BOSS pedalboards and travel cases.