Behringer X32: The Affordable Way to Go Digital
The Behringer X32 Digital Mixer is a huge leap forward for digital mixing. This board brings together unbeatable sonics with vast functionality, all in one elegant and easy-to-navigate interface. It sports 32 individual audiophile-grade microphone preamps and line inputs, 40 total channels of processing, and 16 balanced XLR outputs. It hooks up to your computer and preferred DAW through a standard USB interface, ensuring ease in the most complex live or studio situations. The layout is intuitive and thoughtfully designed, allowing you to move quickly between channels to adjust dynamics, EQ, or FX "on-the-fly."
Equipped with a library of top-notch FX and a fully expandable I/O, this all-in-one unit may well be the only mixer you'll ever need again.
Get a great overview of the powerful X32 in this video from Behringer:
X32 3.0 Update: New Firmware, X32-Mix for iPad, and X32-Edit for PC/Mac/Linux
Behringer has released updated version of their X32 firmware (V 3.04), X32-Edit software, and X32-Mix app, giving users greatly enhanced functionality, including:
- Dugan-style Auto-mix on first 8 input channels.
- X-TOUCH control over X32
- Crossover filters added to main left/right mix and main mono bus.
- Phase inversion added on routing page to all outputs.
- New X32-Edit GUI.
- X32 Edit can go full screen.
- X32 Edit can open multiple windows and use multiple screens.
- X32 Edit now has two user definable banks of faders.
See what's new in the X32 3.0 Update in this video from Behringer:
The board sports MIDAS-designed mic preamps on all 32 inputs, yielding clean sound without the need for any external preamps. On top of that, the Virtual FX rack offers 8 true-stereo FX slots on each channel, with high-end simulations of celebrated units like the Lexicon 480L, PCM70, EMT250, Quantec QRS, and more. Plus, Behringer has promised that new FX inserts and firmware updates will be available free of charge through their website.
The X32 leaps beyond other digital mixers with its dedicated custom control section. This section comprises 17 backlit buttons and 13 rotary controls (all user-definable) with LED collars so you can make quick, precision adjustments to each channel's FX, compressor, 4-band parametric EQ, etc. Each channel in turn has its own LCD strip for monitoring input and FX.
Finally, a high-resolution 7" color TFT display makes it easy to visualize whatever aspects of the workflow you need to keep an eye on. Oh, and if that's still not enough visual space for you, just download the free XiControl iPad app to monitor and control the X32 wirelessly with up to 10 individual iPads. Musicians on stage can finally take care of their own monitor mix and output levels in real time!
The Easiest Scene Management Yet
The Behringer X32's scene management setup creates exact presets out of your own custom mixes, allowing them to be saved and instantly recalled for future use. The 100 mm motorized faders on channels 1-16 bring your presets back with the flick of a single switch. And when you want to make adjustments recalls on channels 17-32, just hit the Flip button.
In 2009, Behringer's parent company acquired Klark Teknik -- and the X32 is the happy result of this brilliant technological marriage. The X32 is 48-channel digital snake ready via two AES50 ports, which use Klark Teknik's SuperMAC networking capability to connect with existing snakes with virtually no jitter or latency. These ports allow the board to connect directly to an onstage or studio snake, for a total of 96 possible inputs running from an external box! System expansion goes even further via an integrated card slot, allowing you to add up to 32 channels of digital audio via IEEE1394 FireWire, ADAT, TOSLINK, or USB.
An Undeniable Coup for Behringer
With the X32 Digital Mixing Console, Behringer has set a new standard in the sub-$5K market. With its impressive sound, vast library of FX, and massively expandable I/O, the X32 presents an exciting and dependable choice for anyone looking for a digital mixer reflecting a considerate and innovative design.
Learn more about the Behringer X32 digital mixer:
- 32-channel digital mixer with 16 mix buses, 6 mute and 8 DCA groups
- MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- 40-Bit floating-point DSP features "unlimited" dynamic range with no internal overload and near-zero overall latency
- Fully automated motorized 100 mm faders allow for instant overview, powerful scene management and DAW control
- 32 x 32 channel audio interface over USB 2.0, with DAW remote control emulating HUI and Mackie Control
- Powerful scene management for convenient handling of complex productions
- iPad app for professional remote operation available free of charge--no host PC required
- High-resolution 7" day-viewable Color TFT for easy viewing of workflow components and parameters
- Individual and dynamic LCD Scribble Strips on all channels and buses creating easy assignment and intuitive channel distinction
- Main LCR, 6 matrix buses and all 16 mix buses each featuring inserts, 6-band parametric EQ's and full dynamics processing
- Virtual FX rack featuring 8 true-stereo FX slots include high-end simulations such as Lexicon 480L and PCM70, EMT250 and Quantec QRS, etc.
- Future firmware updates, including FX "Plug Ins", downloadable from behringer.com free of charge
- 16 analog XLR outputs plus 6 additional line in/outputs, 2 phones connectors and a talkback section with integrated or external mic
- 48-channel Digital Snake ready via AES50 ports, featuring KLARK TEKNIK's SuperMAC networking capability for ultra-low jitter and latency
- USB type-A connector providing file storage and uncompressed stereo recordings plus show presets and system updates
- Dedicated and easy-to-use channel strip section with direct access controls and graphic user interface for intuitive workflow
- Additional user-definable control section allows for on-the-fly adjustments of your favorite parameters
- ULTRANET connectivity for Behringer's P-16 Personal Monitoring System plus AES/EBU stereo digital output and MIDI
- Networked remote control for show setups with on-screen software editor via Ethernet
- Built-in expansion port for audio interface cards or digital networking bridges
Do I Need an Expansion Card?
All recent X32 models come with the X-USB card, which offers USB only, as FireWire is fading in popularity. If you need FireWire features, you can swap in the X-UF expansion card, which offers USB and FireWire in one card. The X-MADI and X-Dante and X-ADAT expansion cards offer more connectivity options not offered on the included card.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Behringer products.