The Perfect Tube Pre/Channel Strip for Vocals -- With Digital Out!
Your ART Voice Channel is a second-generation discrete Class-A tube mic preamp with digital input and output -- making it a fantastic front-end for recording vocals, or just about any other single-channel source! Whether you're going for pristine transparency or colorful character, this preamp has you covered with expansive dynamic controls -- expander, de-esser, and gate -- plus semi-parametric EQ, variable input impedance, and even selectable plate voltage for a whole host of tone-shaping tools.
One Versatile Channel Strip for Tracking Vocals
Talk about versatility -- the ART Voice Channel can be used for a whole host of applications, whether you're recording vocals into your DAW, or fattening up broadcast voiceover. With this do-it-all preamp, each stage of your signal path is treated with careful attention. It's a powerhouse of signal enhancement and tonal refinement -- all packed into this one piece of exquisite and multifaceted gear. Just add your favorite recording mic, and you've got a killer signal chain for tracking vocals!
Detailed Sound and Transparency from a Tube Pre
If you want a professional sounding discrete Class-A tube tone for your signal, then the ART Voice Channel preamp has got your back. This baby's tube design provides warmth and clarity, and features a variable input impedance and selectable tube plate voltage to widen your sonic palette. This preamp houses a 12AX7A vacuum tube to give your tone a pleasantly full-bodied timbre. The high plate voltage setting won't bring up any unwanted noise or distortion, and the lower voltage setting will still leave you with plenty of warmth and color.
Onboard Dynamics Processing and Semi-parametric EQ Controls
You'll never be short on control with the ART Voice Channel pre! Threshold, attack, release, ratio, de-esser, and expander/gate controls along with pad, invert, EQ position boost, low cut, and tube voltage level switches give you more than enough to work with, to really hone in on the particular type of sound you want. Go nuts and spend hours seeing just how much dynamic sonic versatility this little monster of a machine has to offer.
Tons of I/O -- Analog and Digital Connectivity including USB
Your ART Voice Channel tube mic preamp is the intersection of where digital meets analogue. The back side of this preamp hosts word clock input and through connectors, an A/D CH2 insert, an A/D main insert, a balanced output, one XLR out and an XLR AES/EBU output, an insert input, a mic preamp output, an ADAT input, an optical output, an S/PDIF output, a balanced mic/line input, and a USB connector for your DAW. You really have a lot of options in terms of connectivity.
Easy to Read Control Layout
Don't allow yourself to be intimidated by the virtually limitless possibilities of how this powerful preamp can shape your tone. Your ART Voice Channel preamp's front panel hosts a nice selection of controls to help you dial in the tone and signal coloration you want. All of this baby's dials are clearly labeled and sectioned together in an intuitive fashion -- your dynamic controls, your semi-parametric EQ controls, and your low cut, pad, invert, phantom power, expand/gate, tube voltage power, low frequency, EQ position, optical output, and bypass switches are all grouped and partitioned in an easy to access manner. And the easy-to-read VU meter and gain reduction meter will always let you know how the Voice Channel is molding your signal.
Watch out our exclusive overview of the ART Voice Channel Tube Microphone Preamp System:
- Dynamic 12AX7A tube mic preamp for any instrument -- especially vocals
- Digital connectivity includes ADAT Lightpipe, AES/EBU, S/PDIF, TOSLink
- Digital output supports 44.1 Hz to 192 kHz sample rates
- USB output straight into your computer DAW
- Frequency response of 16 Hz to 42 kHz
- Selectable plate voltage and variable input impedance
- Onboard dynamics feature compressor, expander, de-esser, and gate controls
- Pre- or post-compressor selectable semi-parametric EQ
- Compression ratio spans 1:1 to 20:1
- Lightning-fast attack time of 250 microseconds to 100 milliseconds
- Boost and cut/frequency band of +12 dB for each band
- Low frequency band: 50/150 Hz selectable
- MID 1 frequency band: 100 Hz to 3 kHz continuously variable
- MID 2 frequency band: 500 Hz to 15 kHz continuously variable
- High frequency band: 5k/15 kHz selectable
- Lightweight at only 10.5 pounds
zZounds is an authorized dealer of ART products.
- Attack Time: 250 uSec. to 100 mSec
- Boost and Cut/Frequency Band: +12 dB on each band
- Compression Ratio: 1:1 to 20:1
- Dimensions (DxWxH): 9.17 x 19 x 3.5 in.
- EQ Frequency Bands: Low Frequency: 50/150 Hz Selectable
- MID 1 Frequency: 100 Hz to 3kHz continuously variable
- MID 2 Frequency: 500 Hz to 15kHz continuously variable
- High Frequency: 5K/15kHz Selectable
- Equivalent Input Noise: -130 dBu, Input shorted, Max gain, A weighted
- Frequency Response: 16Hz - 42kHz -1dB@96kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 1kHz: less than .015% typical
- Weight: 10.5lbs / 4.8kg
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Warehouse Resealed
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):