When you call, mention priority code 204-8WY4

Rating and Reviews: Sterling StingRay 5QM Bass

Capture that classic StingRay sound at a fantastic price with the 5QM from Sterling. This 5-stringer boasts a heavy-duty humbucking pickup for iconic tone.

"Sterling Ray35qm Bass" submitted January 16, 2018

By Tom P in Memphis, TN
Musical Background: 30+ years playing acoustic, electric guitar, as well as, 4 & 5 string basses. I've played pro, recorded in studio and at home.
Music Style: Mostly Classic Rock, Southern Rock, Alternative & Blues. Some Hard Rock Originals, Country & Christian Contemporary. I love to I
Sound: The best feature of this Sterling Ray35 is it's big sound. Very versatile with it's MusicMan pre-amp, featuring a 3 band EQ and MusicMan 5 pole alnico humbucker with 3 way selector for series,single coil, and series w/filter switching. One can truly dial-in nearly any frequency needed or desired. Feature: *The tuners, well, can make it difficult to tune because they are "sticky" to turn. As if they are too tight, or need lubricating. But neither adjustment helped. Just the nature of the supplied tuners. Replaceable, but shouldn't have to. *The nut, well, is a cheap looking plastic that is so small, that very low string action is the only option in order to have even height down the neck. Almost as if it were filed down too low during it's initial set up. Again, replaceable, but shouldn't have to. *The neck, well, the feel and playability are okay, but the constant tuning and need for truss rod adjustment with string height and intonation adjustments are taking the enjoyment out of owning a new bass. The neck was needing adj. when I first got it.(dead frets, buzzing) This is mostly normal, but it just doesn't hold an adjustment. Not yet anyway. It has had a truss rod adjustment once by the vendor's shop, and twice by me. Each time it seems great, then within a month or so, it is back to fret buzzing and too much neck relief. I have owned many guitars and basses over 30 years, and I haven't seen this repeated issue before. Not in a new instrument. Ease of Use: It's as easy as you want it to be. Quality: I really want to like this bass. I bought it as a reliable back-up and for recordings. I enjoy the versatility in the pre-amp/ p'up section and I like the feel of the instrument. But, I am nearing the end of my patients in dealing with the neck issues. I know that my local vendor will make it right, but, again, I am leaving this review for others. I imagine that not all versions of the Sterling Ray35 have the same issues as mine, but with any instrument purchase, Buyer Beware! Value: This bass is a good value, I believe. If for no other reason than the popularity of the Ernie Ball MusicMan basses. The resale value should hold. Manufacturer Support: Haven't used them......yet. The Wow Factor: The quilted maple top in deep blue against the contrast of the maple neck and black hardware is very appealing. Nice eye-catcher, but not gaudy by any means. Overall: I have owned one of these now for 6 months and wanted to leave an objective review about my experience with this instrument. I have found very little buyer feedback on the newer Stingray copies, and figured that there must be others looking for the same.

When you call, mention priority code 204-8WY4. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449