When you call, mention priority code 200-G2J3

Rating and Reviews: Fender American Special Strat

Get fantastic American-made Fender quality at a great price. Three Texas Special pickups and a large matching headstock make this Strat something special.

Overall

"Quality Gilmour-esque Stratocaster" submitted January 5, 2018

By Rob R in Charlotte, NC
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing instruments since 6th grade, starting with Bassoon, on to Trombone, Baritone, Saxophone. Guitar for 30 years
Music Style: I play Hard Rock, Pop, some Metal. Recently taken an interest in picking up some Jazz. Favorite guitarists are Joe Satriani of c
Overall: 30 Year player, mostly Ibanez and shredders, recently acquired my taste and interest in Strats and clean playing, so you know where I'm coming from. I've been building to this moment, I have a Starcaster I rescued from a dumpster that turned out surprisingly ok, I've got both the Bullet and the Affinity Squiers, each adding to the last. I bought a Used MIM Strat a while ago and it truly blew them all away. This is my first US Strat, first USA made guitar really, and I have to say it truly put them all to bed. The main difference between this and the MIM are the Texas Special Pickups. Position 2 and you may as well be listening to Sweet Home Alabama album version. Position 5 and I'm truly Comfortably numb. All switch positions have tremendous character all their own. I was looking at more expensive strats, wanting only to purchase one USA strat and get it right, but was encouraged by many forums and strat players to get the Special for what I was looking for. I was iffy on the matching headstock because I wanted to get one defacto USA strat, but I have to say it's beautiful and I love it and no one questions it, they love it too, the diehards. This was very playable right out of the box, I like my action low so I went ahead and lowered at the bridge with the provided allen, and it plays like butter. Not sure if I'll ever be able to truly shred on it like my D-taper necks, but still very easy and a plenty fast neck for what I will use this baby for. I'm only knocking half-star for not having the 2-point tremelo, this is basically same as the MIM, and also no Hard Case, but I knew that going in. Great value, and zZounds makes having a great guitar super easy with their payment plans. This is actually the first brand new guitar I've ever purchased, I tend to favor the used market. If you're thinking about it, get it!

When you call, mention priority code 200-G2J3. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449