Fender Player Jazz Bass Fretless Pau Ferro

Fender Player Jazz Bass Fretless Pau Ferro

Just when you though Jazz Basses couldn't get a smoother tone, the Fender Player Series Jazz Bass comes complete with a fretless pau ferro fingerboard.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted November 12, 2019 by todd m in lowell, AR
"All I ever dreamed of and more"
I have had this bass for about two weeks, and let me just say I was blown away. I have always wanted a fretless jazz bass, truly my dream bass. the finish and fingerboard of this bass are flawless, and while I would have preferred an unlined neck, the lines are subdued nicely to blend in from a distance with the pau ferro. the tone is absolutely delectable. you are going to be hard pressed to get a bad tone out of this bass. I usually play with both pickups up three quarters, and the tone at about half. I finger over the neck pickup. I am loving the rich, full, beefy, and punchy tone I am getting from these pickups. I did do a little bit of set up on the bridge when I first got it, not for intonation so much as action. but it was only a minor adjustment. the only thing that was sorta negative was the strings that this bass came with. gritty and dull, they were flats but just lacked in a lot of areas. I took them off within hours of unboxing it, and put on some Labella flats. now this bass truly sings. You will not be disappointed with this bass!!! oh, one more thing that's not quite evident in the pictures, the pickguard is slightly off color from the body. the body is glistening white, and the pickguard is a slightly darker cream color. It looks better than it did online, in my opinion.
playing bass for 21 years, gig occaisionaly, give lessons from home
jazz, jazz, jazz
1 of 32 people (3%) people found this review helpful. Did you?