Chameleon Labs 7603-XMod Microphone Preamplifier and EQ

Chameleon Labs 7603-XMod Microphone Preamplifier and EQ

Hot-rodded with legendary UK Carnhill input and output transformers, this "XMod" edition of Chameleon Labs' 7603 preamp lends unique character to any source!

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted April 24, 2021 by a customer from charter.net
"Made in the USA!"
I did a lot of research before buying the Chameleon Labs 7603-xmod, when looking at 1073 Neve clones. I was gonna pull the trigger on the WA-73eq but the xmod was built in America with solid metal parts and UK Carnhill I/P and O/P mic/DI transformers, it's $150 more but well worth the price of admission to pro level gear. You can get clean or dirty when pushed on vox and it becomes a beast w/teeth! You can push it up were you can't even tell its on w/headphones but be careful it's very loud, with 70db of gain, I about crapped my pants when testing out vox, no hissing noise no nothing it's whisper quite. On acoustic running into DI was a revelation it made my Taylor ce214 preamp which I didn't ever really like plugged in sounded full of life I was blown away by the tone! If your looking for a 1073 type clone look no more, it's in the preamp big leagues for a song!
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?