Breedlove Limited Edition Oregon Concertina CE Acoustic-Electric Guitar (with Case)
ONLY 3 LEFT

Discover the sound of all-myrtlewood construction with this limited edition Breedlove! Premium LR Baggs EAS VTC electronics make playing anywhere a breeze.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted March 24, 2021 by Tyler H in Salem, OR
"All hyperbole aside, this guitar is the best small-body guitar on the market."
Myrtlewood is a true game changer. Breedlove has been making some of the most stunning guitars for a long time now, but these Oregon Myrtlewood instruments are truly on a different level. I usually play a Gibson L-00, Taylor 324ce, and a Martin 000-17E for my acoustic needs. The Taylor is loud and bright, the Martin is deep and punchy, and the Gibson just has a classic, growly and bluesy acoustic sound. This Breedlove has all of those elements rolled into one guitar. The fact that they were able to achieve this on a small-body 12 fret instrument is just astonishing. The sunset burst finish is gorgeous, the neck finish is a satin gloss and feels amazing on the hands. I'll never understand guitar manufacturers who slap thick gloss finishes on the necks of their acoustic guitars (looking at you, Gibson) and I'm thankful that Breedlove takes the time to give us a satin-gloss instead. The action on the strings is nice and low, and fingerpicking is a breeze. My recommendation is that you take it out of the case and strum any version of an E chord, immediately. The sound is haunting and the sustain is legitimate. You will be sold after that.The electronics are top notch and I would compare the plugged in sound to the high end Gibson guitars (exactly what you want a plugged in acoustic to sound like). I also don't usually put too much stock into the case a guitar comes with, but the Breedlove hardshell case is gorgeous, and this Concertina case in particular is stunning. Gold/brass hardware and curves that hug the guitar perfectly. Just another area where Breedlove is outperforming other guitar makers.My only complaint is that I thought this guitar would be a great companion guitar to my current collection, but now that I've played it I'm already shopping for Breedlove Concert and Concerto versions to replace my other guitars. This may be a problem.
Professional Musician
Rock, Blues, Punk Rock, Folk
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?