When you call, mention priority code 20C-NS32

Rating and Reviews: Alvarez AG70AR Acoustic

Sporting a solid Sitka spruce top and forward-shifted bracing for plenty of projection, this Alvarez Grand Auditorium sings with a voice all its own.

Overall

"Not great, and not terrible but, pain and blood have been involved." submitted January 3, 2018

By Danny D in Canton, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Pro for over 50 years. Muti-instrumentalist.
Music Style: Many.
Sound: The sound quality is good for a new acoustic guitar. A little age will tell what the long story will be. Feature: The woods used seem to work well with each other but with an acoustic guitar only time will tell. Ease of Use: This baby is a fighter. She fights me for every note I try to get out of her. I'm hoping some adjustments by my luthier will end our fighting. Quality: The die cast tuners will have to be replaced ASAP. Only time will tell on the rest of the construction. Value: With the non finishing of the fret ends, and poorly cut nut the guitar is not worth the selling price. Manufacturer Support: I did ask the company what size the truss rod is since they did not include a truss rod wrench. They were prompt with their reply. The Wow Factor: The only thing that made me go WoW with this guitar was how poorly the fret ends were neglected and cut my hand and shredded my cleaning cloth. Overall: Purchased this guitar in the end of 2017 from zZounds. Let me say zZounds is the best! This is my second purchase from them and there will be more purchases soon! Now about this guitar. To qualify, my main guitar since 1973 has been a 1962 Gibson Hummingbird. I have owned and sold others such as Fender, Yamaha, Ovation, Martin, Mitchell. Let me start off with the number one no no on any guitar. The fret ends on both sides of the neck have cut my hand and shredded cleaning cloths from being so sharp. The nut was left with bad cuts for the B and E string resulting in lots of snapping and cracking and hard to get the right tune because of it. The tuners, well, they are die cast so I didn't expect them to be much and they aren't. The finish is acceptable. The action is too high for my liking and this guitar likes to put up a fight when you play it. I strongly considered returning it to zZounds but there is something hidden here that is making me keep this guitar. Yes it will cost me more to take it to my Luthier to fix all that is wrong to make this guitar playable, and new tuners will have to be installed, but for some reason the sound has a likeability to it that I am enjoying. It has a V shaped neck that does not fit my hand well and causes me pain which I may end up having sanded down. The neck sides themselves are a bit too squared off and hurt when trying to use a thumb to wrap around for bass notes which I do often. The Grand Auditorium size is nice and I like it since all my other acoustics are dreadnoughts. Every new guitar is like a new girlfriend. Time, and give and take, and compromise, may lead to a very long wonderful relationship. I'm hoping that Alva and I will continue our relationship and this won't end up a costly divorce for me.

When you call, mention priority code 20C-NS32. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449