TC Electronic Flashback 2 Delay Looper
The new TC Electronic Flashback 2 Delay and Looper Pedal serves up a sonic buffet of expressive delay by infusing the pressure sensitive MASH technology with our renowned delay algorithms. TC Electronic completely redeveloped our Tape and Analog algorithms from scratch, recreating the tones of old school echoes with unheard realism, including every little eccentric behavior inherent in those legendary designs. TC Electronic also squeezed in a shimmering Crystal delay, made with our own polyphonic octave algorithm from Sub 'N' Up into Flashback 2. And finally, with 3 TonePrint slots in total, you get more flexibility than ever, and all the legendary delay sounds that TC Electronic are famous for.
Expressive MASH technology
- New Ultra-Realistic Tape and Analog Algorithms
- New Crystal Delay
- MASH reacts to the amount of pressure you put on the switch. The harder you press, the more intense the effect.
We made MASH controllable through the free TonePrint Editor which means that, you can assign to any parameter and up to 3 parameters at once.
For each delay preset, MASH will control a different parameter and let you express yourself without having to bend down to turn knobs and without the trouble of getting a dedicated expression pedal.
For example, you can assign MASH to raise the delay time as you press down, subtly increase the delay feedback into full-blown self-oscillation, or gradually add and deepen chorus modulation for out-of-tune flutters.
New Tape and Analog Algorithms
- We seriously improved the Tape and Analog algorithms to make them more realistic than ever, displaying all of the idiosyncratic flutters and warbles reminiscent of the old days.
- Twisting the Delay knob while playing will alter the pitch of the repeats and cranking the feedback sends the pedal spinning into self-oscillation ecstasy.
- With MASH added to the mix, you no longer have to strain you back to reach down and twist knobs while mid solo.
- Just set MASH to control the parameter you have in mind and rock!
New Crystal Delay
- The tantalizing Crystal delay takes advantage the same cutting edge polyphonic octave algorithm that made the Sub 'N' Up Octaver a succes.
- By shifting the pitch of the delayed signal up an octave through each feedback loop, we've created an immaculate shimmer.
- MASHing in this setting sends the delays into self-oscillation, providing you with surges of incandescent tone.
- You love tone, so do we, and our design philosophy testifies to that. So whatever route you wanna go, we got your back. With optimized headroom, True Bypass or Buffered Bypass switch and Kill-Dry on/off, this pedal guarantees optimal tonal integrity and zero loss of tone. And, no matter if the pedal is on or off your precious dry sound is always passed through the pedal unharmed in all it's pure analog glory due to an Analog-Dry-Through.
Get an overview of the Flashback 2 Delay in this video from TC Electronic:
- MASH technology
- New realistic Tape and Analog Algorithms
- New Crystal delay features Sub 'N' Up octave algorithm
- 8 high quality delay types and 3 TonePrint slots
- 40 second looper
- Stereo in/out
- True Bypass or Buffered Bypass
- Delay time, Level, and Feedback controls
- Switch between different rhythmic subdivisions with more available through TonePrint Editor
- Connect external tap pedal through stereo jack
- Small footprint
- High quality components
- Road-ready design
- Spillover on/off
- Legendary delay pedal returns, offering an innovative pressure-sensitive footswitch and a new crystal delay effect
- Groundbreaking MASH technology turns footswitch into a pressure- responsive expression controller
- Ethereal crystal delay algorithm pitches your delays up an octave through each feedback loop to give an other-worldly shimmer
- TonePrint-enabled to let you beam cool signature tones into your pedal with the free TonePrint App
- 3 dedicated TonePrint slots for storing signature effects
- 8 exceptional delays including hyper-realistic tape warble and self-oscillation
- MASH footswitch gives you powerful effect-specific mix, modulation or feedback control
- Audio Tapping feature lets you set delay tempo by strumming your guitar
- Design your own customized delay effects from scratch with free TonePrint Editor for PC, Mac* and iPad*
- 3 delay subdivisions with quarter note, dotted eighth note and combination selections
- True bypass allows for optimum clarity and zero high-end loss when the pedal is off
- Analog-Dry-Through maintains total integrity of analog dry signal path even when delay effect is engaged
zZounds is an authorized dealer of TC Electronic products.