Taylor 814ce V-Class Acoustic-Electric
The flagship Taylor 814ce V-Class Acoustic-Electric Guitar now boasts even more sonic delights with the addition of our groundbreaking V-Class bracing architecture. The classic tonewood combination of Indian rosewood and Sitka spruce still delivers its characteristic blend of warmth, low-end presence, and high-range sparkle, but V-Class bracing elevates that tone to new heights. Notes sustain longer, allowing rosewood's rich overtones to bloom with more clarity than ever, and the advanced bracing scheme introduces greater power and tunefulness across the entire tonal spectrum for a rich and expressive sound. Standout material features include a smoky ebony fretboard sourced from Taylor's Crelicam mill in Cameroon, maple binding, rosewood edge trim, an abalone rosette edged with rosewood, and mother-of-pearl Element fretboard and peghead inlays. The 814ce also includes a Venetian cutaway and our ES2 acoustic electronics, and ships in a deluxe hardshell case.
- More Volume: V-Class guitar bracing controls the top's flexibility, creating a more orderly rocking motion across both sides of the top. The controlled flexing movement produces greater volume.
- Longer Sustain: V-Class bracing maintains stiffness along the middle of the guitar, in the direction of the strings. That rigidity keeps the strings in motion, producing notes that resonate longer before fading out.
- Better Intonation: V-Class bracing makes the top more in tune with the vibrating strings. This eliminates much of the interference that causes some notes to waver and sound slightly out of tune. As a result, notes and chords played anywhere on the neck are more consistent and in tune with each other.
Grand Auditorium Body Shape
- Body Length: 20" / Body Width: 16" / Body Depth: 4 5/8"
- Taylor's signature shape embodies the ultimate all-purpose acoustic.
- An original Bob Taylor design introduced in 1994
- Full in the lower register, present in the midrange, and sparkling on the treble strings
- Their most popular shape and a good place to begin your search
Sitka Spruce Top
The most commonly used wood for guitar tops, Sitka generates a broad dynamic range and accommodates numerous playing styles, from aggressive strumming to fingerpicking.
Indian rosewood's sweeping frequency range at both ends of the tonal spectrum has made it one of the most popular and musically rich tonewoods. Its deep lows can assert a throaty growl, while bright, sparkling treble notes ring out with bell-like, high-fidelity clarity.
Expression System 2
The Taylor Expression System 2 (ES2) is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor's ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor's patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before. Together with Taylor's custom-designed "professional audio"-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar.
Standard on all "ce" models in the 300 Series through the Presentation Series, the Venetian cutaway is known for its soft, round lines. The sloping peak of the cutaway will vary depending on the shape of the guitar. The Grand Concert, Grand Auditorium, and Grand Symphony have a steeper slope, while the Dreadnought and Jumbo are a bit flatter. Our Grand Concert nylon-string models also feature a subtle, flatter slope, while our 100 and 200 Series cutaway models incorporate our flattest slope.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Taylor Guitars products.