Roland TM-1 Dual Input Trigger Module
No two drummers are the same, and every player has their own distinctive style. Getting a sound that you're happy with, not to mention having the right sound for the gig, is vital. But it can be expensive and time consuming trying to find out what works. Enter the Roland TM-1 -- a unique trigger module that makes it easy to add more sounds to your acoustic drum kit.
And those sounds can be anything you like, from the TM-1's onboard kick, snare, tom, cymbal, and percussion samples to your own samples and loops. Just connect any compatible Roland trigger pad to the TM-1 and directly play the sounds you need, or mount an RT-series trigger to one of your acoustic drums and play with your preferred sample layered on top in perfect sync, with no lag whatsoever.
Getting your own custom sounds into the TM-1 is a breeze, thanks to the free editor app for Mac/Windows and iOS/Android.* Simply connect the TM-1 to your device, open the app, import samples from your library, and tweak the settings as needed. When it comes to performing on stage, the battery- or mains-powered TM-1 can be easily controlled with your foot via built-in switches. It's even possible to mute the hybrid sound with a foot press, letting you go all-acoustic in the verses before bringing in some extra hybrid power for the chorus. Every working drummer can benefit from a hybrid setup these days, and the TM-1 is the easiest and most affordable place to start.
*Android app available in March 2019.
Check out our Roland TM-1 demo live at NAMM 2019:
The Simple Solution to Bring Hybrid Power to Your Acoustic Kit
Hybrid drum setups are everywhere these days, from stadium concerts to small clubs and bars. Busy working drummers love the ability to bring studio-style impact to their core acoustic sounds and be able to cover the electronic percussion parts that are so essential to modern music styles. At first, creating a hybrid acoustic-electronic setup can seem daunting. But with the TM-1, it's easy for any player to start their hybrid journey. Just mount one or more Roland trigger devices within your setup, connect them to the TM-1, and access any sound you need. With dedicated controls for sensitivity, pitch, and more, there's no technical knowledge required for operation--simply turn the knobs until the sound is right to you and start playing!
Cover Any Gig with 15 Ready-to-Play Kits
When playing on stage with just your acoustic kit, it's difficult or impossible to change your sound on the fly. But with a hybrid drum kit, changes can be made in an instant. Now you can play the sound of that unique drum you couldn't bring to the gig, or incorporate samples and loops to enhance and expand your main drum sound. Out of the box, the TM-1 has 15 ready-to-go kits with two instruments in each. The free editor app unlocks access to a library of over 150 additional sounds, including kick, snare, and other drums, and even synth loops.
- The easiest way to get started with the power of hybrid drums
- Simple and intuitive to use, with direct controls for all trigger functions
- Small size, battery operation, and sturdy floor-based design integrates easily with your regular drum set
- Two built-in footswitches for triggering sounds, changing kits, and muting the module
- Suitable for any music style, from rock and metal to electronic music and beyond
- 15 ready-to-play onboard kits and nearly unlimited sound customization via a convenient editor app
- Free TM-1 Editor (Mac/Windows, iOS/Android) provides access to over 150 additional sounds, plus user sample import and much more
- Compatible with Roland RT-series acoustic drum triggers and a wide variety of Roland trigger pads
- Connect up to two pads or triggers (two single-trigger devices or one dual-trigger device)
- Also works as a trigger-to-MIDI convertor when connected to a computer
- USB for editor communication and trigger-to-MIDI conversion
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Roland products.