PreSonus AudioBox USB 96 Audio Interface
A great choice for mobile musicians and podcasters, the 2-channel PreSonus AudioBox 96 USB Digital Audio Interface is bus-powered, compact, ruggedly built, and works with virtually any PC or Mac recording software. It boasts high-performance Class A mic preamplifiers and professional-quality, 24-bit, 96 kHz converters. And it comes with PreSonus' amazing Studio One Artist DAW software for Mac and Windows.
Just the right size.
The AudioBox USB 96's two front-panel combo mic/instrument inputs make it ideal for singer/songwriters, podcasters, and guitar or guitar-bass collaborations. Simply connect a couple of mics and you have an easy-to-use stereo recording system. A mix control lets you control the level between the input signal and computer playback, without hearing annoying delays. You also get a pair of balanced line-level outputs, an ultra-loud, crystal-clear headphone out, plus MIDI I/O, so you can connect your favorite synth or MIDI controller. The result is a simple, affordable, mobile recording solution.
Roadworthy and ready to travel.
Here is a mobile interface in the best sense of the term. We gave the AudioBox USB 96 a heavy-duty steel chassis so it can take a serious pounding and remain completely reliable. Its screaming-loud headphone output ensures you can hear your music loud and clear, even in noisy locations. And it's USB 2.0 bus-powered, so you can record with it anywhere you can use a laptop. Simply drop it in your laptop bag or slap it on a tabletop.
Built for the studio and the road.
Whether you're just getting into recording or are a veteran producer who wants to go mobile, the AudioBox USB 96 will give you great sound in a bus-powered, rugged chassis that's ready to hit the road when you are. The perfect companion for any recording software, the AudioBox USB 96 comes equipped with Studio One Artist to provide you with a complete recording solution right out of the box.
Studio Magic Plug-in Bundle IncludedSPL Attacker
is a micro-plug-in that employs the same Differential Envelope processing technique as SPL's famed Transient Designer. Using SPL Attacker, all attack events can be amplified, regardless of their signal level. By focusing on the initial transient instead of specific frequencies, SPL Attacker amplifies just the attack curves of a sound event. This allows instruments to be mixed at lower levels, which opens up space in the mix, while the relationship between tracks is preserved.
Maag Audio EQ2
delivers the sound of the Maag Audio EQ2 two-band hardware equalizer. Maag Audio's EQ design allows for exceptionally low phase shift across all EQ adjustments, which helps maintain the integrity of your mix's original sound while enhancing the very high "air" frequencies. An input attenuator lets you normalize levels after applying EQ.
Lexicon MPX-i Reverb
delivers seven classic Lexicon plate, hall, chamber, and room reverbs. A streamlined interface and 100 versatile, finely crafted presets enable you to quickly get the sound you want. Input and output metering let you monitor levels at a glance.
can add warmth, depth and character to your tracks. SDRR2tube can be a saturation processor, a compressor, an EQ, a bit-crusher, or a subtle stereo widener•or it can simply add movement to your tracks. A comprehensive set of controls enables you to manipulate the character of the saturation to make it sit perfectly in your mix.
is an exciting effects plug-in for the studio or stage that adds powerful rhythms to any input in real-time. Movement's four rhythm engines with sidechains, proprietary Flux mode, LFOs, step sequencers, and macros blend seamlessly. Analog modeled effects optimized for modulation let you add rhythm with reverb and compressors pumping, filters and EQs opening and closing, delays morphing, and tube distortion warming and cooling. Transform any instrument, synth, raw sound or full track in real time!
is a compressor plug-in that combines the best aspects and anomalies from several legendary, light-dependent compressor circuits. The result is a powerful dynamics processor, teeming with character and delivering sounds that can't be achieved with analog optical compressors.
Arturia Analog Lab Lite.
Arturia Analog Lab Lite
is a "Greatest Hits" collection of physically modeled -- not sampled -- classic analog synths, organs, string machines, and pianos from Arturia's V-Collection of virtual instruments. Enjoy models of iconic instruments from Oberheim, Roland, Sequential Circuits, ARP, Hammond, Fender, Wurlitzer, Moog, and Vox.
Check out how durable the AudioBox USB 96 is in this video from PreSonus:
- Bus-powered USB 2.0 audio and MIDI interface
- Compatible with almost all recording software for Mac and Windows
- 24-bit resolution, 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz sampling rates
- 2 combo mic/instrument inputs with high-performance, low-noise, high-headroom mic preamplifiers
- 48V phantom power
- Zero-latency monitoring via internal analog mixer
- Headphone jack with level control
- Includes Studio One Artist DAW software and 6+ GB of third-party resources
- 1/3U rack-mountable
zZounds is an authorized dealer of PreSonus products.
- Type: XLR Female Balanced
- Frequency Response (+/-3.0 dB): 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Input Impedance (Balanced): 1200 ohm
- THD+N (unwtd, 1 kHz @ +4 dBu Output, Unity Gain): < 0.008%
- S/N Ratio (Unity Gain, Ref. = +4 dBu, 20 Hz to 22 kHz): > 95 dB
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (1 kHz, 55 dB Gain): > 45 dB
- Gain Control Range (+/- 1 dB): 0 dB to 35 dB
- Max Input Level (Unity Gain, 1 kHz @ 0.5% THD+N): -3 dBu
- Phantom Power (+/- 2 VDC): 48 VDCInstrument Input
- Type: 1/4" TS Female Unbalanced
- Input Impedance: 0.5 M ohmsLine Outputs
- Type: 1/4" Balanced
- Output Impedance: 51 ohmsHeadphone Output
- Type: 1/4" TRS Active Stereo
- Maximum Output: 60 mW/Ch @ 60 ohm Load
- Frequency Response (+/- 1.0 dB): 20 Hz - 30 kHzMIDI I/O
- Type: Dual 5-pin Female DINDigital Audio
- ADC Dynamic Range (A-wtd, 48 kHz Sample Rate): 105 dB
- DAC Dynamic Range (A-wtd, 48 kHz Sample Rate): 105 dB
- Bit Depth: 24
- Reference Level for 0 dBFS: Plus 4 dBu
- Internal Sample Frequency Selections (kHz): 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96
- Power: USB 2.0 bus-poweredPhysical
- Dimensions: 1/3U (steel chassis)
- Height: 5.5" (139.7 mm)
- Depth: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Width: 5.5" (139.7 mm)
- Weight: 5 lbs (2.27 kg)Computer system requirements:
Below are the minimum computer-system requirements for AudioBox USB 96.Mac
- Mac OS X 10.8.5 or later
- Intel Core Duo processor (Intel Core# 2 Duo or Intel Core i3 or better recommended)
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB or more recommended)Windows
- Windows 7x 64/x86 SP1 or Windows 8/8.1 x64/x86 or Windows 10 x64/x86
- Intel Core 2 processor (Intel Core i3 processor or better recommended)
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)Windows and Mac Systems
- USB 2.0 Port
- Internet connection (for activation)
- Monitor with at least 1024x768 resolution
- 20 GB hard-disk space
- Internal or external 7200 RPM storage drive highly recommended
- The minimum system requirements may differ for DAWs other than Studio One. Please check the requirements for your DAW of choice with its manufacturer.
Note that the speed of your processor, amount of RAM and size and speed of your hard drive will greatly affect the overall performance of your recording system.
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
AudioBox USB 96