Two Channels of Tube-Toned Punch
Behind its unassuming "stealth black" exterior, the Paul Reed Smith Archon 50 combo guitar amplifier is a beast in the studio, with switchable power settings for 25 watts or 50 watts worth of alluring tube tone. Six 12AX7 preamp tubes and your choice of two 6L6 or two EL34 power tubes keep your signal warm as it makes its way through this combo amp's 12" Celestion G12-75T speaker. Partitioned volume and bass, middle, and treble controls allow you to keep each channel independently sounding awesome, and master depth and presence controls help you keep all the tonal dimensions of your guitar's output intact and under control. The output on this amp features switchable 4/8/16 ohm settings, which gives you more options for your choice of cabinets.
Hear the PRS Archon 50 combo amp in our exclusive demo video:
Two Channels of All-Tube Tone
Fire up your PRS Archon Combo Stealth amp and hear your signal as it was meant to be heard. With six 12AX7 preamp tubes and two power tubes, your axe gets a warm and modern punch that sounds amazing clean or distorted. You have the option of working with either 25 watts or 50 watts. When you slip into lower wattage settings with tube amplifiers, you can still get those hair-raising high-gain sounds, but with some cool, classic, and sensitive response that amps with higher wattages can't quite produce.
Your Choice: 6L6 or EL34 Power Tubes
Personalize your Archon 50 with the tubes you prefer. 6L6 tubes are notable for their flexibility -- they'll stay smoother longer, giving you just a hint of creamy breakup, whereas EL34 tubes run hotter and distort earlier, giving you a wider range of overdriven tones. Pick your poison with this PRS amp.
Separate Volume and EQ Controls
As any session guitarist can tell you, it helps to have your settings for each channel separate. Sometimes you want less low-end mud and a push in the treble for edgier leads without losing any of the depth or warmth when switching back to your clean channel. Separate volume controls also allow you to push the decibels a little more for your lead channel without the need for a volume pedal. The 12" Celestion G12-75T speaker keeps your output clear, balanced, and well-articulated through every note and every chord.
Dial in Some Presence and Depth
On the right side of the Archon 50 combo amp's front panel are presence and depth controls. A presence control works as a low-pass filter, allowing you to control the amount of the higher frequencies that are fed back after the input gain stages. If you want more edge, then crank this dial up. The depth control modifies the amount of low-end produced in the feedback network. Play around with this control to see how tight or how much "wuff" you want to your sound to get in the lower frequencies.
- Two-channel tube amplifier
- Six 12AX7 preamp tubes
- Two 6L6 power tubes or two EL34 power tubes
- Back panel has easy-access bias points for tube maintenance
- Switchable 50W/25W setting
- One 12" Celestion G12-75T speaker
- Volume, bass, middle, and treble controls for lead channel
- Volume, bass, middle, and treble controls for clean channel
- Master presence, depth, lead volume, and clean volume controls
- One 1/4" instrument input
- One 1/4" TS output -- switchable 4/8/16 ohm settings
- Road friendly at 47 pounds
zZounds is an authorized dealer of PRS Paul Reed Smith products.
- Watts: 50W/25W (Half Power Switch)
- Channels: Lead/Clean
- Power Tubes: (2) 6L6GC or (2) EL34
- Preamp Tubes: (6) JJ12AX7
- Output Jack Configuration: 4/8/16 Ohm Selectable
- Fixed/Adjustable or Cathode Bias: Fixed Bias (Adjustable)
- Combo Dimensions: (L x W x D) 21.5 x 10.5 x 17.75"
- Combo Weight: 47 lbs
- Speaker: Celestion G12-75T
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- with 6L6 Tubes
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Blemished, with 6L6 Tubes
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):