Nord Piano 4 Digital Stage Piano, 88-Key
The Nord Piano 4 88-key Digital Stage Piano includes brilliant performance features like Seamless Transitions, dedicated Piano Filters and Split Point Crossfades delivering a live focused keyboard with exceptional piano feel.
The fourth generation of the award-winning Piano series combines greatly expanded voice polyphony, a premium Triple Sensor keybed and acclaimed Virtual Hammer Action Technology for the ultimate piano experience.
The Nord Piano 4 has dedicated knobs and buttons for all essential functions required in a live performance situation. Transposing, setting up a split point or creating a layered sound can be accomplished in seconds.
The Nord Piano 4 features seamless transitions when changing sounds or programs while playing.
Layers and advanced Split Point functionality
The Nord Piano 4 features two sound sections that can be combined in a layer or split over the keyboard. Each of the sound sections can have specific effects, Volume Pedal and/or Sustain Pedal assigned to them. The Piano 4 has 7 Split Points indicated with LED lights and Split Point Crossfade functionality, introduced with the Stage 3, offers smooth transitions between two split zones. Choose from 3 different crossfade widths (Small, Large or Off) as indicated by different LED colors.
Refined Program Section
The enhanced Organize mode includes Copy/Paste and Move functionality for quickly rearranging your Programs to your desired order and Page View lets you easily sort and organize pages as a song list. All Programs, Pianos and Synth Samples can be easily navigated using the uniform List View that offers alphabetical, numerical and category sorting options.
An optional Numeric Pad Mode gives you instant access to Programs by entering the Program number.
The enhanced Piano section features a broad selection of acoustic, electric and digital pianos from the exclusive Nord Piano Library, greatly expanded voice polyphony and creative Piano Filters.
The Nord Piano 4 factory bank contains Grands, Uprights, Electric Pianos and Digital Pianos from the exclusive Nord Piano Library - all handpicked for their unique characters! Nord’s state-of-the-art sampling techniques capture the extraordinary nuances and real character of the source instruments with breathtaking realism.
All sounds can easily be replaced using the Nord Sound Manager. The Nord Piano Library is constantly updated with unique world class sounds, and always free of charge.
Advanced String Resonance
Advanced String Resonance reproduces the intricate interplay of piano strings resonating at their fundamental or harmonic frequencies when other notes are played on our Upright and Grand piano sounds.
Creative Piano Filters
Providing an additional level of sonic control, the Piano Section now features dedicated piano filters for accentuating softness, mid or brilliance.
- 88-note Triple Sensor keybed with grand weighted action
- Nord Virtual Hammer Action Technology
- Seamless Transitions
- Layer and Split with Split Point crossfades
- OLED display excellent overview
- Enhanced Organize Mode
- Numeric Pad for direct Program access
- Greatly expanded Polyphony (120 voices)
- Creative Piano Filters
- 1 GB memory for Nord Piano Library
- 3 Dynamic Curves
- Dynamic Pedal Noise with Nord Triple Pedal (included)
- Advanced String Resonance
- Soft Release
- Sample Synth
- Greatly expanded Polyphony
- 512 MB Memory for Nord Sample Library 3.0
- Dedicated Sample Synth section with Attack, Decay/Release and dynamic controls
- High quality stereo effects modelled after classic stomp boxes
- Reverb with Bright Mode
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Nord products.
- OLED Display
- Seamless Transitions
- Split Point Crossfades
- 16 banks with 25 programs - 400 locations
- Organize functionality for programs
- Live Mode: 5 Live programs
- Global Transpose: +/- 6 semitones
- Program Transpose: +/- 6 semitones
- Fine-tune: +/- 50 Cents
- Kbd Touch: 3 velocity response curves
- Triple Sensor keybed with Virtual Hammer Action Technology
- Split functionality with selectable split point and LED indication
- Layer functionality
- Mono Output option
- Dynamic Sustain Pedal action with the included Nord Triple Pedal
- -Free OS updatesPiano section
- 6 types - Grand, Upright, Electric Pianos, Digital, Layer, Clavinet and Harpsichord.
- Each category can contain up to 20 different models.
- 120 Voice Polyphony (stereo/mono pianos)
- Piano Filters (Soft, Mid, Bright)
- Advanced String Resonance (Generation 2) - adjustable amount
- Selectable Soft Release for Grand, Upright, Electric Pianos and Harpsichord
- Selectable Pedal Noise for Grand, Upright and Electric Pianos 1 - adjustable amount
- Octave transpose: -1/+1 (-6/+6 in Split mode, depending on Split position)Sample synth section
- 30+ Voice Polyphony
- Amp envelope with Attack and Decay/Release
- Selectable velocity sensitive low pass filter and dynamic range
- Octave transpose: -1/+1 (-6/+6 in Split mode, depending on Split position)
- Volume controllable with Volume Pedal (not included)
- Approx. 1 GB dedicated to the Nord Piano Library
- Approx. 512 MB dedicated to the Nord Sample Library 3.0
- Effect 1
- Pan, Tremolo, Wah and Ring Modulator
- Three selectable depths for the Pan and Tremolo, rate controlled with the Effect 1 Rate knob
- Tremolo, Pan, Ring-Mod and Wah can be controlled with Control Pedal
- Effect 2
- Phaser 1, Phaser 2, Flanger, Chorus 1, Chorus 2 and Vibe
- Two selectable depths for each effect
- Amp Simulations, Comp and EQ
- Comp/Amp - three amp/speaker simulations, Tube Overdrive
- Drive/Compression amount controlled with the Drive knob
- Three band EQ, with sweepable mid. +/- 15 dB gain/attenuation
- Master Effects
- Dedicated Reverb with Room, Stage and Hall algorithms, each with an additional Bright mode
- Dedicated Delay Effect - Rate, Amount and Tap-tempo function
- 2 Audio outputs L & R - ¼", 6,35 mm jacks, unbalanced
- 1 Monitor input - 1/8", 3,5 mm stereo jack
- 1 Headphone output - ¼", 6,35 mm stereo jack
- 1 Piano pedal input - ¼", 6,35 mm jack. Use the included Nord Triple Pedal or a momentary pedal, like e.g, Roland DP-2, DP-6, Yamaha FC-4, FC-5, Fatar VFP1-25 etc
- 1 Volume Pedal input - ¼", 6,35 mm TRS stereo jack. Use a Control/Expression pedal like e.g. Yamaha FC-7, Roland EV-5 etc.
- MIDI In, MIDI Out - 5 pin DIN connectors
- USB - type B connector - for transferring sounds and USB-MIDI
- IEC C14 power connector
- Nord Piano 2 Connections
Nord Piano 4
1287 mm (50.7"), 121 mm (4.8"), 340 mm (13.4")
Nord Triple Pedal 264 mm (10.4"), 224 mm (8.8"), 70 mm (2.8")Weight
Nord Piano 4 18,5 kg (40.1 lbs)
Pedal 2 kg (4.4 lbs) Included accessories
- Nord Triple Pedal
- User Manual
- Power cord
- Nord Piano Library v5 DVD-ROMOptional accessories
- Nord Keyboard Stand V2
- Nord Soft Case
- Nord Music Stand
- Dust Cover
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
NORD PIANO 4 88