Nektar Panorama P6 + Bitwig Studio V2The Nektar Panorama P6 USB MIDI Controller with Bitwig Studio V2 is the perfect addition to your studio. This controller is made to work perfectly with the Bitwig software.
The Nektar Panorama P6 is an incredible keyboard controller instrument with the most intuitive workflow you have ever seen. Spectacular and deep integration with Bitwig Studio, Cubase, Logic Pro, Reason, Main Stage, and Reaper puts the spotlight on performance and creativity. Keyboard and pads are dynamic, sensitive and balanced carefully with a solid feel that allows for complete expression. All this, combined with 93 real-time controls available at any one time, makes Panorama P6 the definitive keyboard controller for Reason.
Keyboard Balanced to PerfectionPanorama P6's keyboard action uses weights to offset the otherwise increasing tension you would experience from the spring. This means the down movement is as clean as possible and not heavy or fatiguing to play. We keep the down weight required within the heavy end of common standards for acoustic pianos. In addition, the dynamic range is much wider than what you experience on most controller keyboards allowing better control of both low and high velocity values. 5 velocity curves gives you choice just in case your playing style requires a different feel. Monophonic aftertouch, pitch bend and modulation wheels, plus foot switch and expression pedal jacks sets you up for performance.
The Display Says It AllA crystal clear 3.5" color TFT display delivers the information you really need, for each mode or menu. Regardless of whether you are operating Reason or programming MIDI assignments in Internal mode, the display provides detailed information that makes your workflow fluent and fast. Panorama takes the hard work out of using a controller and makes operations that seem complicated and non-transparent on other products, straight-forward and simple.
More Controls Than Ever BeforeAn unrivaled amount of assignable controls makes Panorama the most comprehensive and fully featured MIDI controller keyboard around. 16 encoders, 9 45mm faders, 1 100mm motorized ALPS fader, 10 LED buttons, 28 buttons, 12 pads each with strike and pressure component, foot switch jack, expression pedal jack, keyboard after touch, pitch bend and modulation wheels gives you immediate control of up to 93 parameters at any one time. You can store settings in 20 presets with individually save and loadable keyboard, pad and F-keys maps. We could argue that it gives you access to over 1500 assigned controls, but that would be spinning it too far.
Controlling Reason Has Never Felt So RealFor a Reason user, Panorama is a dream come true. The dedicated communication protocol ties Panorama and Reason tightly together so all you have to do is select the mode and menu you want to control. Panorama does the rest. 3 Reason modes allows you one button press to switch between controlling the Mixer, Device (instrument or effects) and Transport, with the 4th mode, Internal, free to control your ReWired DAW.
Transport When You Need It, Function Buttons When You Don'tIt's hard to go places without transport so Panorama features an extended 11 button transport bar, positions right where you need it controlling: Return to L, Forward to R, Undo, Click on/off, Record Mode, Cycle on/off, Back, Forward, Stop, Play and Record. Using the shift button, these also double up as 11 function buttons each assignable to MIDI commands or QWERTY macros.
Shortcut To Software FunctionsSo QWERTY macro's -- big deal, right? That's right, its a VERY big deal. Your software has a ton of features and functions that can be activated using QWERTY shortcut commands. Assigning a command to a button so you don't have to be near your computer makes life a lot easier. Assigning a string of up to 8 commands takes it to another level. With this powerful feature you could for example enter edit mode, zoom in and select a tool with just one button press. Or create an instrument or effects track and locate a folder containing your presets so you can select them from Panorama, all with one button press.
Compatible with:- Bitwig Studio
- Logic Pro
- Main Stage
Bitwig Studio 2 is a music production and performance software platform for Windows, macOs and Linux. Bitwig 2 comes loaded with powerful features and updates:
- A re-conceptualized modulation system with 25 Modulators
- Numerous device updates, including remote controls, dynamic displays, and spectrum analyzers
- 17 devices
- Better hardware integration, with improved MIDI handling and several dedicated MIDI and CV devices
- Fades and crossfades
- VST3 support
- ...and much more!
Updated in 2.1- Inject some virtual analog grit into your sounds with the Amp device
- MIDI Clock Slave functionality let's you sync up to external clocks
- Plenty of fixes and improvements
- Partner sound package: Irrupt Eurorack
- Over 150 high quality presets for numerous devices, including 7 drum kits, 174 drum samples, and an impressive multi-sampled electric guitar right at your finger tips
The Modular Approach to a DAWThe idea of modularity has been central to Bitwig Studio. While digital audio workstations (DAWs) aren't known for taking a modular approach, creating Bitwig Studio from the ground up allowed Bitwig's creators to rethink previous assumptions. This led to a focus not just on individual devices, but on strengthening the ways they interact with and support one another.
Within the Bitwig Studio 1 cycle, the concepts of Nested Device Chains as well as Modulator Devices made it already one of the most flexible DAWs in the industry, and in Bitwig Studio 2 the modularity concept has been developed further. The entire modulation system has been reworked and the idea of modulators has been reclaimed. Today, Bitwig proudly presents this next step on the journey towards a fully modular device architecture. Beside the focus on modularity, Bitwig has also refined all other areas of the Bitwig Studio workflow.
ModulatorsBitwig Studio 2 comes with 24 modulators; from standard modulators like envelopes and LFOs, to more unique modulator types like Random, Select-4 and Math.
Each device in Bitwig Studio 2 (internal devices and external plug-ins) has individual modulation slots where an unlimited number of modulators can be added to a device and assigned to any number of parameters. Furthermore, the Modulators can also be interconnected for truly dynamic and expressive sound design possibilities. When using internal Bitwig instruments, many modulators can be set to polyphonic mode -- enabling per-voice modulation -- something previously only seen in closed systems.
Cool DevicesApart from totally re-conceptualizing the modulation system and introducing Modulator devices, Bitwig is also expanding the standard device collection.
What's Been Added to Bitwig Studio 2?
- Spectrum Analyzer
- Pitch Shifter
- Note Echo
- Note Harmonizer
- Note Latch
- Note Length
- Note Velocity
Better Hardware IntegrationThe creators of Bitwig have done a lot of work under the hood to revamp MIDI handling in Bitwig Studio; improving sync, note timing and adding MIDI Time Code.
Bitwig is introducing a set of devices that will seamlessly integrate hardware via MIDI and CV/Gate:
- MIDI CC
- MIDI Program Change
- HW Clock out
- HW CV Instrument
- HW CV Out
Fades and CrossfadesWe introduce fades and crossfades for audio clips not only in the arranger timeline but also audio editor and for audio events inside clips -- for truly fast yet flexible editing. Naturally, the curve slopes of all fades can be adjusted.
VST3 SupportBitwig now supports the VST3 plug-in standard -- including per-note expression and sample accurate automation.
Device UpdatesBitwig has made lots of enhancements to existing devices, improving both sound quality and usability. Several devices now include a spectrum analyzer and dynamic display panels. Many devices have been re-organized, with re-designed and added features. Bitwig Studio 2 also improves visualization of parameters, movement and signal flow.
Polysynth UpdatesSince Bitwig Studio first came out, Polysynth has been a go-to synth for musicians and sound designers. With Bitwig Studio 2, Polysynth's feature set has expanded further, by adding several oscillator mix and filter waveshaping modes. These modes open up possibilities for sound exploration; adding complex overtones and frequency modulation options to your sound palette.
Smart Tool Switching and improved Editor WorkflowWith Bitwig Studio 2, you can now achieve many standard tasks without having to swap tools: depending on where you click, you can select multiple objects or time segments, edit fades or zoom and scroll.
DashboardThe Dashboard handles many tasks that were previously available only in menus and other windows, such as locating and opening projects, configuring settings, installing packages and accessing help resources.
NotificationsA notification system shows different types of messages in a clear, streamlined and non-intrusive format.
Menu SystemBitwig has reworked the menu system extensively. Bitwig Studio 2 now features a context-aware menu system to keep the focus on the task at hand. Yes, VST effects and instruments are supported in 32- and 64-bit versions. Bitwig Studio runs VSTs in a separate process. This prevents Bitwig Studio from crashing when a plug-in misbehaves.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Nektar products.
- 61-note weighted (semi-) velocity-sensitive keyboard w/aftertouch
- 5 velocity curves plus fixed
- Pitch bend & Modulation assignable wheels
- Octave shift buttons
- PB1/2 buttons
- 4 keyboard zones programmable with controller filters and program changes
- 5 keyboard maps store all settingsPreset Controls:
- 16 encoders
- 9 45mm faders
- 10 assignable LED buttons
- 11 dedicated transport buttons
- 20 preset locations store all settings including links to keyboard, pad and F-keys maps
- Mac OS X 10.6 or higher, Windows Vista, 7 & 8 compatible (Windows XP is not supported at this time).
- Reason 5, 6 and 6.5 supported
- *Two USB ports or external USB power supply required to power entire unit. One USB port powers entire unit with the exception of the motorized fader Pads
- 12 pads with velocity and pressure sensitivity
- 7 velocity curves
- Scale mode with 30+ scales and interval setting
- Velocity spread functions spreads the selected pad assignment over all 12 pads, at different velocity levels
- Transpose and Octave shift in both pad-map and scale mode
- Pads freely assignable in Reason mode
- Load or Save to any of 20 pad mapsF-Keys:
- 11 assignable Function Keys (accessible using shift and tranport keys)
- Load or Save to any of 10 F-Keys maps
- F-Keys assignable even in 3 Reason modesWeight & Dimensions:
- Panorama P6
- Dimensions: 39 5/8"(L) x 13"(D) 3 6/8"(H)
- Weight: 17 Lbs Additional:
- 100 mm ALPS motorized fader*
- 6 dedicated assignable navigation buttons
- ASCII/QWERTY macros assignable to buttons and pads
- 3.5" high-resolution TFT display provides incredible navigation and user visibility
- Incredible Reason implementation that lets you use Reason, as if it's hardware
- 4 modes when used with Reason switch between Mixer, Instrument, Transport and Internal
- Presets and setup files for major DAW's and VIs
- Expression pedal 1/4" jack input (pedal not included)
- Foot switch (sustain) 1/4" jack input (pedal not included)
- MIDI output
- USB port for communication with computer
- USB Micro B connector for extra and external power*BitWig Studio Software Requirements:
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- Windows 7 32/64-bit
- Windows 8 32/64-bit
- Windows 10 32/64-bit
- Linux Ubuntu 12.04 or later
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers