Product DescriptionThe Nektar Impact LX88+ USB MIDI Keyboard Controller, 88-Key with Bitwig Studio V2 is the perfect addition to any studio. Nektar created the Bitwig Studio to work perfect with their Impact controllers.
The Nektar Impact LX88+ is a unique USB MIDI controller keyboard designed for keyboard players looking for extra reach. It's jam-packed with intelligent, expressive performance control and hooks up automatically to your DAW! If you prefer to control MIDI hardware, use the build-in MIDI Out as well as the extensive MIDI programing options. Impact LX88+ does it all, and more.
Nektar DAW Integration custom designed for most of the popular DAWs, takes Impact LX88+ way beyond functionality normally offered by a MIDI controller keyboard. With Impact LX88+ the hard work is done, so you can focus on your creativity.
The Impact LX88+ is custom-designed for Bitwig, Cubase, Digital Performer, FL Studio, GarageBand, Logic, Nuendo, Reaper, Reason, Sonar and Studio One.
Bitwig Studio 2 is a music production and performance software platform for Windows, macOs and Linux. Bitwig 2 comes loaded with powerful new features and updates:
- A re-conceptualized modulation system with 25 brand-new Modulators
- Numerous device updates, including remote controls, dynamic displays, and spectrum analyzers
- 17 entirely new devices
- Better hardware integration, with improved MIDI handling and several dedicated MIDI and CV devices
- Fades and crossfades
- VST3 support
- ...and much more!
New in 2.1- Inject some virtual analog grit into your sounds with the new Amp device
- MIDI Clock Slave functionality let's you sync up to external clocks
- Plenty of fixes and improvements
- New partner sound package: Irrupt Eurorack
- Over 150 high quality presets for numerous devices, including 7 new drum kits, 174 drum samples, and an impressive multi-sampled electric guitar right at your finger tips
The Modular Approach to a DAWThe idea of modularity has been central to Bitwig Studio. While digital audio workstations (DAWs) aren't known for taking a modular approach, creating Bitwig Studio from the ground up allowed Bitwig's creators to rethink previous assumptions. This led to a focus not just on individual devices, but on strengthening the ways they interact with and support one another.
Within the Bitwig Studio 1 cycle, the concepts of Nested Device Chains as well as Modulator Devices made it already one of the most flexible DAWs in the industry, and in Bitwig Studio 2 the modularity concept has been developed further. The entire modulation system has been reworked and the idea of modulators has been reclaimed. Today, Bitwig proudly presents this next step on the journey towards a fully modular device architecture. Beside the focus on modularity, Bitwig has also refined all other areas of the Bitwig Studio workflow.
ModulatorsBitwig Studio 2 comes with 24 brand-new modulators; from standard modulators like envelopes and LFOs, to more unique modulator types like Random, Select-4 and Math.
Each device in Bitwig Studio 2 (internal devices and external plug-ins) has individual modulation slots where an unlimited number of modulators can be added to a device and assigned to any number of parameters. Furthermore, the Modulators can also be interconnected for truly dynamic and expressive sound design possibilities. When using internal Bitwig instruments, many modulators can be set to polyphonic mode -- enabling per-voice modulation -- something previously only seen in closed systems.
New DevicesApart from totally re-conceptualizing the modulation system and introducing an entirely new class of Modulator devices, Bitwig is also expanding the standard device collection.
What's New in Bitwig Studio 2?
- Spectrum Analyzer
- Pitch Shifter
- Note Echo
- Note Harmonizer
- Note Latch
- Note Length
- Note Velocity
Better Hardware IntegrationThe creators of Bitwig have done a lot of work under the hood to revamp MIDI handling in Bitwig Studio; improving sync, note timing and adding MIDI Time Code.
Bitwig is introducing a set of devices that will seamlessly integrate hardware via MIDI and CV/Gate:
- MIDI CC
- MIDI Program Change
- HW Clock out
- HW CV Instrument
- HW CV Out
Fades and CrossfadesWe introduce fades and crossfades for audio clips not only in the arranger timeline but also audio editor and for audio events inside clips -- for truly fast yet flexible editing. Naturally, the curve slopes of all fades can be adjusted.
VST3 SupportBitwig now supports the VST3 plug-in standard -- including per-note expression and sample accurate automation.
Device UpdatesBitwig has made lots of enhancements to existing devices, improving both sound quality and usability. Several devices now include a spectrum analyzer and dynamic display panels. Many devices have been re-organized, re-designed and added new features. Bitwig Studio 2 also improves visualization of parameters, movement and signal flow.
Polysynth UpdatesSince Bitwig Studio first came out, Polysynth has been a go-to synth for musicians and sound designers. With Bitwig Studio 2, Polysynth's feature set has expanded further, by adding several oscillator mix and filter waveshaping modes. These new modes open up new possibilities for sound exploration; adding complex overtones and frequency modulation options to your sound palette.
Smart Tool Switching and improved Editor WorkflowWith Bitwig Studio 2, you can now achieve many standard tasks without having to swap tools: depending on where you click, you can select multiple objects or time segments, edit fades or zoom and scroll.
DashboardThe Dashboard handles many tasks that were previously available only in menus and other windows, such as locating and opening projects, configuring settings, installing packages and accessing help resources.
NotificationsA new notification system shows different types of messages in a clear, streamlined and non-intrusive format.
New Menu SystemBitwig has reworked the menu system extensively. Bitwig Studio 2 now features a context-aware menu system to keep the focus on the task at hand. Yes, VST effects and instruments are supported in 32- and 64-bit versions. Bitwig Studio runs VSTs in a separate process. This prevents Bitwig Studio from crashing when a plug-in misbehaves.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Nektar products.
- 88 note, velocity-sensitive semi-weighted keyboard
- 4 velocity curves + 3 fixed
- Pitch bend & Modulation wheels
- Transpose shift buttonsControls:
- 8 potentiometers
- 9 30mm faders
- 9 assignable buttons
- 6 dedicated transport buttons
- 5 preset locations store control settings
- Page button (for Nektar DAW Integration only)
- Nektar DAW Integration for major DAWsPads:
- 8 velocity sensitive pads
- Each pad LED illuminated with 4 color options: Green, Yellow, Orange and Red
- 4 velocity curves plus 3 fixed
- Pads assignable notes and MIDI cc messages
- Load or Save to any of 4 pad maps
- Clips and Scenes LED buttonsConnections:
- 1/4" TS jack foot switch input (MIDI Assignable)
- MIDI Out (can be routed from LX88 or from DAW)
- USB port on rear panel, and USB bus powered
- Connects to iPad via Apple Camera Connection Kit (not supplied)
- Power supply socket (PSU optional) 9v 600mA, center positive, 2.1mm barrel connectorWeight & Dimensions
- Dimensions: 50.25" (L) x 11" (W) x 3.5" (H)
- Weight: 18 LbsSystem Requirements
- USB Class compliant, no driver is needed for:
- Apple iOS, Apple OSX, Windows XP, or higher, Linux (MIDI driver software required)Nektar DAW Integration
- Mac OS X 10.7 or higher
- Windows Vista, 7 & 8 or higherBitWig Studio Software Requirements:
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- Windows 7 32/64-bit
- Windows 8 32/64-bit
- Windows 10 32/64-bit
- Linux Ubuntu 12.04 or later
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers