A Rugged, Road-Ready Mackie Console with Gig-Worthy Features!
The Mackie PPM1012 is a ruggedly built and rack-mountable powered desktop mixer. It has two independent power amps, each driving 800 watts independently to mains and/or monitors. With a complete 1600 watts of system power, you should be ready to handle whatever studio or live situation comes up!
This video from Mackie showcases the powerful PPM series:
Great Amps, Super Efficient
The PPM1012 runs with Class D amps, which utilize power several times more efficiently than an A/B system, and run much cooler. They employ Mackie's excellent Fast Recovery circuitry as well. Unlike negative feedback power amps, which "latch" and dip the sound unpleasantly to avoid distortion, the Mackies instantly recover from clipping before latching is necessary. The result is a clean sound even at maximum output. The built-in limiter is one of Mackie's most celebrated contributions to powered speaker design, and the PPM1012 exemplifies this quality.
It All Comes Down to Good Preamps
The Mackie Premium preamplifiers on 8 mic/line channels have a transparent, low-noise base sound with plenty of headroom. Each channel offers switchable true +48V phantom power. The 3-band active EQ with mid-sweepable knobs is the same popular design found on the tremendously popular Mackie VLZ3 mixer series.
Super-Cool I/O Options
The PPM1012 is loaded with useful I/O. Notably, there are individual mono channel inserts included, so that you can easily use your favorite outboard compressor or digital FX processor on a signal of your choice. The mono channel inserts can also be used as all-purpose direct outs.
Onboard FX Deliciousness
Oh, by the way, this board has killer built-in FX! These are the Dual RMFX+ (Running Man FX) processors that deliver truly usable effects. Rather than long, endlessly scrolling menus with various options and parameters, the RMFX+ processor features 24 tried-and-true FX patches that offer broad usability. There are Small, Medium and Large Room Reverbs that can be tweaked between Warm and Bright settings. There are elegant choruses and straightforward and clean delays. Also, it has a tap function for the delay. Totally sweet!
Additionally, Channels 1-6 have dedicated in-line compressors that allow you to dial up great dynamic responses with the twist of a single knob.
Attractive and Highly Readable
The visual display on this mixer gives you a lot of information about your mix. Dual graphic EQs show the levels for both mains and monitors. High-resolution 12-segment main meters give you maximum information about your signal. Plus, the PPM1012 has 4-segment LEDs on every channel.
- Premium Mackie preamps on 8 mic/line channels
- Total of 8 mic/line mono inputs and 2 stereo line inputs
- True 48V phantom power on each channel
- Mackie's Musical 3-Band Active channel EQ
- Individual mono channel
- New Single In-line Compression (SIC) on Channels 1-6
- Dual graphic EQs for both mains and monitors
- 32-bit dual RMFX+ processor featuring 24 reverbs, choruses, and tap delay
- 12-segment LED level meters
- 2 x 9-Band graphic EQ on the Mains and Monitor outputs
- Mono output with level control & low pass filter selectable from 75Hz-100Hz
- 3-Mode Amplifier for switching between Mains Stereo L/R, Mono Mains/Monitor 1, or Mon 1 & Mon 2
- Headphone output with independent level control
- 12v BNC lamp Jack
- Rack ears included
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Mackie products.
- Dual 800W Mackie designed Class-D, Fast Recovery power amplifiers
- 32-bit dual RMFX+ processor featuring 24 sane, useable reverbs, choruses, and tap delay for live applications
- 8 mic/line mono inputs and 2 stereo line inputs for flexible connectivity
- Mackie high-headroom, low-noise mic preamps with RF rejection for pristine signal
- Single In-line Compression (SIC) provides increased presence and punch for vocals and instruments
- Mackie's Musical 3-Band Active channel EQ with a Mid sweep (100Hz-8kHz) on mono channels & 4-band active EQ on stereo line channels 7 & 8
- 2 built-in DI boxes for direct instrument connections on channels 7 & 8
- 4 Aux sends-2 FX & 2 Mon
- 12-segment LED ladders for the stereo main outputs
- Dual 9-Band graphic EQ on the Mains and Monitor outputs for tuning rooms and monitor mixes
- Mono output with level control & low pass filter selectable from 75Hz-100Hz
- 3-Mode Amplifier for ultra-flexible routing, switchable as Mains Stereo L/R, Mono Mains/Monitor 1, or Mon 1 & Mon 2
- Precision Passive EQ for enhanced clarity and LF response with Mackie passive loudspeakers
- 48v Phantom power available for all mic inputs
- Headphone output with level control
- 12v BNC lamp Jack
- Metal chassis with a handle built into the front of the mixer for easy transport
- Rack ears includedOutput at 8 ohms stereo:
250 watts per channel
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-898-3211 and 425-487-4333
Mackie PPM1012 12-Channel Powered MixerUltra-light and rack-mountable, the Mackie PPM1012 professional powered desktop mixer features two ridiculously robust power amps for mains and/or monitors (800W + 800W). With 1600 watts of system power, this mixer provides all the raw power that you need. Things can get pretty intense out there, and your gear needs to be able keep up the pace. Mackie custom designed the PPM1012 with Class-D amps, which are cool-running and boast maximum efficiency, keeping your sound pumping until they start kicking people out. They had to include Mackie's proven Fast Recovery circuitry, eliminating the risk of pesky amp latching. The result is a distortion free mix even when pushing peak levels. The built-in limiter can go toe-to-toe with the most popular outboard stereo limiters used in live sound today, protecting your speakers from damage. The limiter's attack and release times are specifically selected to address full-bandwidth music and will not muddy things up by adding any unwanted pumping. PPM mixers are surprisingly lightweight, but tremendously powerful. You can push the PPM1012 to its maximum output, distortion free.
The Right Tools for the JobMost powered mixers out there have either a limited set of mixing tools-keeping your mix decidedly average-or they cram in a mind-boggling amount of lame effects that you would never use. Every professional carries the right tools for the job, so the Mackie PPM1012 comes with a great-sounding, highly useable toolkit:
- Premium Mackie preamplifiers ensure transparent, low-noise/high-headroom characteristics right at the front of the mixer. The PPM1012 offers 8 mic/line channels with trusted Mackie preamplifiers.
- True 48V phantom power allows every condenser mic to perform at its full potential.
- Legendary 3-band active EQ with mid-sweep straight off the tremendously popular VLZ3 mixer series. Sweetening any channel is a breeze.
- Individual mono channel inserts allow you to use your favorite compressor or other outboard processing on a critical instrument or voice. They are also great direct outs for recording.
- Dedicated in-line compressors (ch. 1-6) bring simple but sweet dynamics with the single twist of a knob.
- Dual graphic EQs are provided for both mains and monitors. These EQs feature tight, constant-Q Filters that effect only the frequency range you've intended, unlike many inexpensive built-in graphic EQs that will remain nameless.
- Simple stuff like useable main and monitor output metering make a huge difference in your mix. Sorry, but 5 LED meters at the output doesn't tell you that you're about to clip. The high-resolution12-segment meters enable more visibility of your signal, and the super quick response of the meters allows what you see to translate quickly and easily to what you hear.
"Gig Ready" EffectsDual (as in 2) RMFX+ (Running Man FX) effects processors bring "gig-ready," useable effects to your mixes. Why scroll through hundreds of bizarre effects, like "ghost ambience?" Yeah, like anyone even knows what that means. Or how about winners like "delay + phaser2," which you'll never use in a million years. Those other mixers will leave your fingers raw from all the scrolling you have to do. The RMFX+ processor features 24 solid FX that are known for their utility and usability. Small, medium and large room reverbs with the choice of a warm or bright characteristic put your mix in the right space. Simple, rich choruses and an array of practical delays with common amounts of repeats enable you to create professional mixes without requiring a two-hour sound check. Also, the RMFX+ is the first onboard processor to feature a user tap function. So if you want to use a delay, but the preset delay time doesn't work, you can tap it in instantly. Basically, they've delivered a full rack of gear at your fingertips that is easy to master, allowing you to look and sound really good at your next gig. Really, really good.
Absolutely ArmoredArmored and ready for action, the Mackie PPM1012 is encased in solid metal, protecting it from years of abuse and one too many spilled beers (seriously, spilled beer makes us sad). The integrated front handle allows you to easily pick it up and get going, and it is rack-mountable for added rigidity and security.
Matching Made EasyMackie wants to make things as easy for you as possible. Matching speakers to amps can suck the fun out of an otherwise pleasant trip to the music store. Keeping that in mind, PPM mixers and Mackie passive speakers were made for each other. From the popular C series (C300/200) to the S series (S200/S400), they designed the mixer to match the power requirements of the passive speakers perfectly. Try driving a pair of S225 15 inch speakers off someone else's mixer. You can almost smell the smoke now -- yet this is child's play using a PPM and a pair of the S225's. They easily provide enough power for a complete system. In fact, they've got the bollocks to drive two of the S215 15" 2-way speakers off the mains AND a pair of C300s as monitors without needing outboard amps. Others may try but, ultimately, don't provide the necessary power.
So if you want a truly professional set of tools for your next gig, including a Mackie mixer, onboard compressors, Fast Recovery amplification, twin graphic EQs, and "gig-ready" effects, pair up a PPM1012 and any Mackie Precision Passive loudspeakers for the ultimate, portable, professional P.A. system.