Laney GH50R Guitar Amplifier Head
The Laney GH50R is an EL34-loaded, twin channel, 50-watt ALL TUBE head capable of balancing the amount of pre-amp and power-amp distortion in your tone.
GHR is the product of Laney's long-term study of how guitar players interact with tube amps. "Tube tone" is composed with what we have come to describe as "RED" and "BLACK" tone elements: RED is tube preamp distortion, in which ECC83 tubes add drive.
BLACK is output tube distortion which increases as the power tubes are driven harder. GHR allows the player to balance RED and BLACK elements to seek the sweet spot in each player's setup.
The result of intensive design and development in Great Britain, the GH50R delivers 50 watts RMS of pure, rich, warm tube power from an EL34 loaded output section.
Both of the GH50R's channels can be configured to be used either clean or driven, with each channel producing subtle differences in tone depending on how you tweak them. This is the amp tweaker's delight! Whether its funk or melodic rock, whether you're a hybrid picker or a shredder, the GH50R delivers outstanding, dynamic, complex, rich and colorful guitar tones.
CONTROL THE MASTER
The GH50R's unique Master Output control allows you to dial in just the right balance of pre-amp v's power-amp distortion to find the sweet spot. A Master Tone control also allows tonal adjustment at the end of signal chain.
The 3 band tone stack is shared between channels giving a simple yet effective tone palette. A Pull Shift function also increases the tonal flexibility of the mid-range.
STUDIO QUALITY DIGITAL REVERB
Studio-quality digital reverb gives rich ambience to the sound via a rotary control. A Pull Focus function adds further variation according to preference.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Laney products.
- Cabinet Design: Rugged Plywood cabinet with two colour covering, black stringing, comfortable top edge bar handles
- Channels: 2
- Channel Controls: Channel 1 - Drive. Channel 2 Drive and Volume
- Class: Class AB
- DI Socket: Balanced DI output POST output section with Speaker Emulation
- Equalization: Passive Bass, Middle (Pull SHIFT), Treble & Master Tone
- Footswitch: FS2 included
- FX Loop(s): (series/switchable level)
- Inputs: 1 x Jack input
- Output Valves: 2 x EL34
- Power: 50 Watts RMS
- Preamp Valves: 4 x 12AX7
- Reverb: Yes - high quality digital reverb with PULL FOCUS
- Speaker connections: 1 x 16 Ohm, 1 x 8 Ohm, 2 x 16 Ohms, 1 x 4 Ohms & 2 x 8 Ohms
- Unit Dims - for int. case (HxWxD mm): 250 x 675 x 285
- Weight: Unit 17.5kg, Packed 19.5Kg
- Bright Switch: Channel 1 - PULL BRIGHT
- Cabinet Emulation: Cabinet Emulated post output section DI out
- Cover: Supplied with custom embroidered slip cover
- Ground Lift: Yes
- Master Section: Master Tone, Master Output
- MP3 Input: Yes - mini jack
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):