Kawai MP11 Digital Stage PianoThe most authentic keyboard, the most realistic sound, and the most articulate control. While others may claim to be 'the best,' only one can be considered the most genuine. Kawai MP11 - the stage piano for music professionals who do not accept compromise. A variety of beautiful concert, jazz, and pop grand pianos, and a full-bodied traditional upright - appropriately voiced and mic'd for a broad range of musical styles. Enjoy playing the original sounds, or delve into the powerful Virtual Technician to adjust the piano beneath your fingertips.
The Piano section showcases a variety of Concert, Studio, Jazz, Modern, and Pop grand piano sounds that are suitable for a wide range of musical periods and styles.
A traditional upright is also provided for songs that evoke a feeling of nostalgia, or simply call for a slightly more intimate tonal character. And for playing in a live band setting, additional mono piano sounds ensure that the MP11 will cut through even the heaviest of mixes.
The Sound of a Grand PianoThe Kawai EX concert grand piano is widely regarded by professional pianists and piano technicians as one of the finest instruments within its class. Hand-built by Master Piano Artisans at the Shigeru Kawai Piano Research Laboratory in Ryuyo, Japan, each EX instrument undergoes a meticulous regulation and refinement process within a specially designed anechoic chamber.
Following this lengthy crafting period, the completed EX concert grand piano receives a final series of rigorous quality inspections, before eventually taking centre stage in the world's most prestigious musical institutions and concert halls.
The beautiful sound of the Kawai EX concert grand piano is at the heart of the MP11, with all 88 keys of this world-class instrument painstakingly recorded, meticulously analysed, and accurately reproduced as high-fidelity digital waveforms.
Recording each key individually in this way - as opposed to stretching the same tone over several different notes - preserves the rich harmonic character of the EX concert grand piano, and guarantees that the sound heard when playing any one of the MP11's wooden keys is a faithful representation of the original acoustic source.
When playing a fine piano, the amount of pressure applied to the keyboard affects not only the volume of the sound produced, but also the unique tonal character of each note. Therefore, in order to construct a realistic acoustic portrait of the EX concert grand piano, not only is each key recorded individually, but also at various different volume levels, ranging from gentle pianissimo to thunderous fortissimo.
The MP11 offers a highly detailed acoustic portrait, with Harmonic Imaging XL technology ensuring smooth tonal transitions across the keyboard and throughout the entire dynamic range.
With expanded sound memory, the MP11 boasts the largest sample size of any Kawai digital piano. This 'extra Long' standard of Harmonic Imaging technology extends the important attack portion of piano sounds by up to 120%, articulating the natural detail and resonance characteristics of each note more clearly, and improving the instrument's organic tonal quality overall.
The E.PIANO section features a treasure trove of authentic tine, reed, and modern electric pianos. Warm, creamy, smooth, slick, dark, or grit... whatever the style or sound, the MP11's vintage EPs are guaranteed to get any player's fingers moving. A couple of crunchy claws are also provided to cover most funk needs, while the electric grand - lovingly sampled from Kawai's own EP308, with all its imperfections - delivers that striking pop sound.
Features:- Grand Feel (GF) wooden-key action with Let-off, Triple Sensors and Ivory-touch surfaces
- Harmonic Imaging XL with 88-key piano sampling
- 40 Voices, including 12 Concert, Jazz and Pop Grand Piano sounds
- Vintage E. Piano sounds with amp simulations
- 6 Reverbs and 129 Effects, all customizable
- Virtual Technician - customize virtually every element of the piano
- 208 User Memories
- USB Recorder - MP3 and WAV audio plus MIDI
- Triple Pedal Assembly included - Damper, Sostenuto and Soft
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Kawai products.
- Keyboard: 88 weighted keys with Ivory Touch key surfaces
- Action: Grand Feel (GF) with Let-off
- Sound Source: Harmonic Imaging(TM) XL (HI-LX), 88-key sampling
- No. of Sounds: 40 Voices (Piano x 12, E.Piano x 12, Sub x 16)
- Polyphony: Max 256 notes
- Keyboard Modes: Full Keyboard, Upper Split, Lower Split, Zone (adjustable split point / zone range)
- Reverb: TYPES: 6 Types (Room, Lounge, Small Hall, Concert Hall, Live Hall, Cathedral)
- Effects: TYPES: 129 Types (23 categories)
- Amp Simulator (E.Piano Only): TYPES: 5 Types ( S. Case, M. Stack, J.Combo, F. Bass, L. Cabi)
- Virtual Technician: TOUCH CURVE: 6 Types (Light+, Light, Normal, Heavy, Heavy+, Off), User 1 ~ 5
- TEMPERAMENT & TUNING: 7 Types (Equal, Pure Major / Minor, Pythagorean, Meantone, Werkmeister, Kirnberger), User 1 ~ 2, Fine Tune, Stretch Tuning, Key of Temperament
- EQ: 4-Band Equalizer (Low Gain, Mid1 Gain, Mid1 Q, Mid1 Freq., Mid2 Gain, Mid2 Q, Mid2 Freq., High Gain)
- Recorder: INTERNAL: 10 Songs - approximately 90,000 note memory capacity - Transpose songs, Convert Song to Audio, Load SMF, Save SMF AUDIO: Play MP3, WAV, Save MP3 /WAV, Overdub, Record Gain
- Metronome: CLICK: 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 3/8, 6/8, 7/8, 9/8, 12/8
- RHYTHM: 100 Drum Patterns
- Internal Memories: SOUND: 40 Memories
- USB Functions: SAVE / LOAD: One Sound, One Setup, SMF, All Sound, All Setup, All Backup
- Edit Menu: SOUND SECTIONS: 92 Parameters (Reverb, EFX / AMP, Sound, Tuning, Key Setup, Controllers, Knob Assign, Virtual Tech.)
- System Menu: 50 Parameters and Functions (Utility, Pedal, MIDI, Offset, User Edit, Reset)
- Display: 128 x 64 pixel LCD with backlight
- Panel Controls: Volume, Line In, PIANO Volume, E.PIANO Volume, SUB Volume, Control Knobs A ~ D (assignable), Pitch Bend, Modulation
- OUTPUT JACKS: 1/4" Line Out (L/MONO, R), XLR Out (L,R) with Ground Lift Switch, Headphones
- INPUT JACKS: 1/4" Line In
- MIDI & USB: MIDI In, MIDI Out, MIDI Thru, USB to Host, USB to Device
- FOOT CONTROL: Damper / Soft, Soft (for F-30), EXP
- POWER: AC In
- Power Consumption: 20 W
- Dimensions: (W x D x H) 54 1/3 x 18 x 7 1/4"
- Weight: 71.5 lbs (32.5 kg)
- Included Accessories: F-30 Triple Pedal Unit (with half-damper support), Music Rack, Power Cable, Owner's Manual