A Genre-Treading Semi-Hollowbody from Ibanez
The Ibanez AS153 Artstar semi-hollowbody electric guitar is not a guitar to be boxed into one category. A warm, colorful, and versatile sound can be attained with this baby's pair of Super 58 Custom humbuckers, and this artful axe's reverberating maple top, back, and sides will envelop you and your listeners. The smooth-edged bound ebony fingerboard spans 22 medium frets on a resounding three-piece mahogany/maple set-in neck. You really can't go wrong with this beauty -- an axe that plays as remarkably as it sounds.
Versatile Sounds from Bright to Dark
While smooth and elegant enough for jazz, the AS153 Artstar's tone, when pushed, breaks up nicely. If you want a dark, slightly distorted bluesy tone, or if you want a brighter rock sound that cuts through sharply, your choices are just a few knob turns and switches away. Your tone controls include dual tone and dual volume knobs for each humbucker, and your pickup selector blade gives you three pickup combination settings. The Tri-Sound neck pickup switch gives you even more tonal options to play around with. This Artstar's wider range of tone leaves more room for sonic expression.
Choice Tonewoods: Maple Body and Mahogany/Maple Neck
You'll consistently get a rich, warm sound as your playing resonates through this axe's maple top, back, and sides. You can hear your notes sustain well even when you're not plugged in, so practicing silently is still a treat. Your three-piece mahogany/maple neck transfers your playing over to the body thanks to its set-in construction, and this neck not only sounds nice and warm, it feels comfortable to the touch. A bound ebony fingerboard of 22 medium frets expresses your chord changes with ease, sustain, and solid intonation.
Super 58 Custom Humbuckers: All Tone -- No Hum
Your pair of Super 58 Custom humbuckers deliver on their promise of bucking the hum. Early semi-hollowbody guitars sometimes carried the dreaded unwanted low-end hum. These humbuckers keep your tone clean, clear, well-defined, and free of unwanted noise. They also give you a sound that's unique and versatile at the same time. Plug these babies in and see all the punch your AS153 Artstar can pack.
- Maple back, top, and sides
- Three-piece mahogany/maple set-in neck
- Bone nut for added sustain and resonance
- Pair of Super 58 Custom humbuckers
- Two tone and two volume knobs
- Three-setting pickup selector blade
- Tri-Sound neck pickup switch
- Bound ebony fingerboard with 22 medium frets
- Art-1 bridge and Quick Change III tailpiece
- Hardshell case included
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Ibanez products.
- Neck Type: Artstar 3pc Mahogany/Maple set-in neck
- Body: Flamed Maple top/back/sides
- Fretboard: Bound Ebony fretboard w/Acrylic & Abalone block inlay
- Fret: Medium frets w/Artstar fret edge treatment
- Bridge: ART-1 bridge
- Tailpiece: Quik Change III tailpiece
- Neck pu: Super 58 (H) neck pu (Passive/Alnico)
- Bridge pu: Super 58 (H) bridge pu (Passive/Alnico)
- Hardware Color: Gold
- Hardshell case includedNeck Dimensions:
a : Width at Nut: 43mm
b : Width at Last Fret: 57mm
c : Thickness at 1st: 21mm
d : Thickness at 12th: 24mm (at 9F)
Radius: 305mmRBody Dimensions:
a : Length: 19 1/4"
b : Width: 15 3/4"
c : Max Depth: 2 5/8"
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Antique Yellow
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Blemished, Antique Yellow
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):