If you're looking to own a throwback to the sonic richness of early rock 'n' roll or classic country, then you're looking for a hollowbody guitar. Gretsch honors the tradition of these elegant instruments with the G5422TDCG Electromatic hollowbody electric guitar. This beautifully crafted guitar combines the finest acoustics with cutting-edge, reverse-engineered vintage-style pickups, resulting in a striking instrument that sounds just as good as it looks.
Timeless Vintage Looks
This Electromatic captivates audiences at first glance thanks to its gorgeous finish and gold-plated hardware. But it's not all just looks -- that 5-ply maple bound double cutaway hollow body with f-holes isn't just for show -- it provides a resonating chamber which sculpts notes into rich, harmonious overtones. Even the Adjusto-Matic bridge and Bigsby vibrato tailpiece exhibit the perfect marriage of style and function.
Baldwin-era Filter'Tron Pickups, Recreated
It happens all the time in engineering: someone finds a gadget that's been lost in some warehouse for decades that outperforms the best of present-day technology. That's exactly what happened to the folks over at Gretsch when the unearthed a set of Baldwin-era Filter'Tron pickups. The vintage pickups were brighter and twangier than anything available on the market, so they reverse-engineered them -- and that vintage tone has been recreated in the Black Top Filter'Tron pickups. Expect a punch like you've never heard before. The unique…
combination of two volume knobs, a master volume knob, and one tone control extends your tonal possibilities even further.
Features:- Gretsch Electromatic hollowbody electric guitar
- 5-ply maple bound double cutaway hollow body with gloss urethane finish
- Set maple neck
- 24.5" scale rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium-jumbo frets, 12" radius, and hump-block inlays
- Black Top Filter'Tron pickups in the bridge and neck positions offer extra punch and twang
- Neck volume, bridge volume, master volume, master tone, and 3-way selector switch provided
- Gold-plated hardware and classic G-arrow control knobs
- Rosewood-based Adjusto-Matic bridge
- Vintage-style open-back tuning machines
- Silver Plexi pickguard
- Strap retainer knobs
- Licensed Bigsby B60G vibrato tailpiece