A Slim Semi-Hollowbody That Walks All Genres
Your Guild Starfire III electric guitar and its Bigsby tremolo bring you the awesome resonance of a semi-hollowbody electric -- with a comfortable slim shape. This sweet-sounding beauty boasts an eye-catching Starfire III body crafted from laminated mahogany, a sturdy mahogany neck in a vintage soft "U" shape with attractive ivory white neck binding, a smooth rosewood fingerboard with 20 jumbo frets, Guild "Anti-Hum" Dual-Coil neck and bridge humbuckers, a dependable Guild Adjusto-matic bridge with a rosewood base, a Guild Bigsby vibrato tailpiece, dual volume and tone control knobs, and a tasteful opaque plexi pickguard with a Guild logo.
Resonant Laminated Mahogany Body
There's nothing quite like the warm resonance of a mahogany-bodied axe, especially for semi-hollowbody guitars. Mahogany is a heavy wood and adds plenty of depth by placing emphasis on the lower and middle frequencies of your notes. If you want sustain, this baby is rife with it. Even when you play unplugged, you'll hear that full-bodied warmth and alluring timbre, and this baby's thinlined body will feel more comfortable against your front than bulkier guitars. This axe's striking Starfire III body is as lovely to listen to as it is to look at.
Sturdy Mahogany Neck
The mahogany neck on your Starfire III fits your hand like a welcoming glove. This appendage's vintage soft "U" shape allows your fingers to wrap around with ease to traverse this baby's super-smooth rosewood fingerboard. All 20 jumbo frets harness a comfortable action that makes your licks and runs as natural as can be. Modest dot inlays mark your fret positions, and a tasteful cutaway allows you access to those higher frets.
Guild "Anti-Hum" Dual-Coil Neck and Bridge Humbuckers
Capturing the full-bodied tone of your Starfire III are your Guild "Anti-Hum" Dual-Coil neck and bridge humbuckers. These babies bring you all tone and no hum, so you can be sure that your output is full of nothing but that unparalleled semi-hollowbodied sound. You'll be able to get a wide range of tone from these pickups, making this guitar an axe fit for pretty much any genre or style.
Adjusto-matic Bridge and Bigsby Vibrato Tailpiece
Keeping your strings secure and in tune is your Starfire III's Adjusto-matic bridge. This reliable anchor provides your strings with impressive sustain, and you won't have to worry about losing your intonation so much while you bend your strings. The Bigsby vibrato tailpiece lets you add vibrato techniques to your performance with ease, and it lends an air of vintage sophistication to this baby's already classy threads.
- Semi-hollow electric guitar in Starfire III body shape
- Laminated mahogany body
- Mahogany neck
- 1-ply ivory white neck binding
- Rosewood fingerboard with 20 jumbo frets
- Vintage soft "U" neck shape
- Guild "Anti-Hum" Dual-Coil neck and bridge humbucking pickups
- Unbound F soundholes
- Scale length of 24.75"
- Dual-action head adjust truss rod with hex nut
- Guild Adjusto-matic bridge with rosewood base
- Guild Bigsby vibrato tailpiece
- Grover Sta-tite die-cast tuners
- Bone nut
- Opaque plexi pickguard with Guild logo
- Dual black plastic volume and tone control knobs
- Three-way pickup selector switch
- Hardshell case included
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Guild products.
- Body Material: Laminated Mahogany
- Body Shape: Starfire III
- Body Back: Arched Laminated Mahogany
- Body Sides: Laminated Mahogany
- Body Top: Arched Laminated Mahogany
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Bracing: Parallel Tone Bars
- Purfling: Black/Ivory White
- F Holes Sound Holes: Unbound F Holes
- Body Depth: 1.94" (49 mm)
- Body Length: 20.25" (514 mm)
- Body Width Lower Bout: 16.38" (416 mm)
- Body Binding: Ivory White with Black/White PurflingNeck:
- Neck Shape: Vintage Soft "U"
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Narrow Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.50" (240 mm)
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (43 mm)
- Scale Length: 24.75" (628 mm)
- Headstock: Newark St.
- Neck Binding: 1-Ply Ivory White
- Truss Rods: Dual-Action Head Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: HexElectronics:
- Pickup Configuration: H/H
- Bridge Pickup: Guild LB-1
- Neck Pickup: Guild LB-1
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)Hardware:
- Hardware Finish: Nickel Plated; Polished Aluminum
- Bridge: Guild Tune-O-Matic with Rosewood Base
- Tuning Machines: Grover Sta-Tite Die-Cast
- String Nut: Bone
- Pickguard: Black with Guild Logo
- Control Knobs: Black PlasticTools:
- Truss Rod WrenchMiscellaneous:
- Strings: D'Addario EXL115 Nickel Wound, Medium/Blues-Jazz Rock, (.011-.049 Gauges)Unique Features:
- Thinline Single Cutaway Hollow Body; Guild "Harp" Tailpiece; Chesterfield Headstock Inlay
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):