Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 2nd Gen
The second generation Scarlett 2i4 is a versatile USB-powered audio interface, ideal for anyone needing a cue mix for performing or recording. With Scarlett 2i4 your recordings will sound just how you want them. Two combination inputs with natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamps, line level inputs and newly-designed instrument inputs let you record anything you want. The four analogue outputs and MIDI I/O make the Scarlett 2i4 ideal for the modern music producer using outboard synths or performing live. Use the 1/4 inch balanced jack outputs to connect to professional studio monitors, or the four RCA outputs to connect to a home speaker system or DJ mixer.
Get a quick overview of the 2nd Generation Scarlett 2i4 audio interface:
Take a closer look at everything the Scarlett 2i4 has to offer:
Next Generation - Better in Every Way
The second generation Scarlett range is packed full of upgrades. Super-low latency* will bring confidence to your performance, letting you record and monitor with software effects in real time. Metal gain controls and a sleeker red metal chassis reassure you of its improved industrial design, built to go anywhere. The Scarlett range also now operates at sample rates all the way up to 192kHz, and the input channels have evolved too. The latest Scarlett mic preamp features a more even gain structure, so you can accurately set your levels, and the instrument input has also been completely redesigned so it can handle seriously hot pick-ups. Finally, Focusrite have provided analogue protection circuitry across both the inputs and the outputs, to guard your interface against unwanted power surges.
See what's new in the 2nd Generation Scarlett interfaces:
Compare all the Focusrite Scarlett audio interfaces and packages with this video:
Ready to Record, Anywhere
Compact and portable enough to take anywhere, you won't even need a power supply; Scarlett 2i2 is connected and powered by a single USB cable. It also comes with the software and effects you need to start recording; an exclusive version of Pro Tools - First Focusrite Creative Pack, Ableton Live Lite, the Softube Time and Tone Bundle, Focusrite's Red Plug-In Suite, 2GB of Loopmasters samples and more.
- Two natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamps with plenty of even gain
- Two newly-designed instrument input, designed for seriously hot pick-ups
- Class-leading conversion and sample rates up to 192kHz / 24 bit
- Super-low latency* for using your plug-ins in real time without the need for DSP
- Cue mix switching, with four analogue outputs
- One headphones output with gain control
- MIDI I/O connectivity, ideal for sending/receiving MIDI notes from a Stage Piano
- Compact and tough enough to take anywhere
- Powered by USB so you don't need to carry a power cable
- Includes Pro Tools | First - Focusrite Creative Pack and Ableton Live Lite
- All the additional software and loops you need to start recording
- Focusrite Plug-in Collective: Monthly offers with free or discounted plug-ins for registered Focusrite interface owners
What's In The Box?
- Scarlett 2i4 (2nd Gen) USB Audio Interface
- USB Cable
- Bundle code for your free software
* Super-low roundtrip latency was measured at 2.74ms, working at 96kHz with a 32 samples buffer on Logic Pro X, running on a Mac Pro and OS 10.11
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Focusrite products.
- Mac OS X Yosemite, El Capitan
- Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows 10
Scarlett 2i4 (2nd Gen) is class compliant on Mac. Driver will be required for PC.Included Software:
- Red 2 & 3 Plug-in Suite
- Softube Time & Tone Pack
- Pro Tools First | First Focusrite Creative Pack
- Ableton Live Lite music making software
- 2 GB of Loopmasters sounds and samples
- Novation Bass Station VST and AU plug-in synthesizer
- XLN Audio Addictive Keys virtual instrument
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
Scarlett 2i4 2nd gen