Fender Custom Shop '59 Special Strat
This Fender Custom Shop '59 Special Stratocaster Journey Relic Electric Guitar was hand-selected by us at the invitation-only Fender Custom Shop event at 2017 NAMM. This is a chance to own a highly collectible guitar and these instruments represent one of a very limited number ever made with this set of features. Uniting vintage features with modern favorites, the Limited Edition Journeyman Relic “’59 Special” Strat is an exceptional guitar that could only spring from the minds at the Fender Custom Shop.
A trio of high-output hand wound Custom Shop Ancho Poblano Stratocaster pickups add their special sauce to the traditional Strat guitar sound. Each pickup is calibrated for its position, including the RWRP middle pickup. Special Strat Blender wiring blends the bridge and neck pickups in almost any position while the Greasebucket master tone control circuit retains full gain and Tone Saver Treble Bleed on the master volume control preserves tone at any setting. The one-piece AAA flame maple neck sports a 1959 “C”-shaped profile, with a slab rosewood fingerboard that has a comfortable 9.5” radius and 21 6100 jumbo frets.
The two-piece select alder body sports a Journeyman Relic treatment, while the neck has a Heavy Relic treatment and all hardware—from the incredibly rare eight-hole 3-ply mint green pickguard to the six-saddle American Vintage synchronized tremolo bridge—received a Relic treatment. A tasteful mélange of ingredients thoughtfully selected for flexible Fender tone and stunning style, the Limited Edition Journeyman Relic “’59 Special” Strat is ready for any stage.
Includes a “Limited Edition” engraved neck plate, Certificate of Authenticity and deluxe hardshell case.
Each Custom Shop Limited Edition instrument is only available for a short time, which makes it eminently collectible and adds to its investment value. Crafted with many features reserved only for certain artists and masterbuilt instruments, they are just what the name says they are highly anticipated limited edition models that go very quickly.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Fender products.
- Model Name: Limited Edition "59 Special" Strat, Journeyman Relic
- Series: Custom LimitedBody
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Alder
- Body Finish: Journeyman Relic LacquerNeck
- Neck Material: 1-Piece AAA Flame Maple Neck
- Neck Shape: 1959 "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: 6100 Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt "Limited Edition" Engraved
- Neck Finish: Heavy Relic Tinted Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Slab Rosewood
- Position Inlays: Vintage Clay DotElectronics
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Ancho Poblano Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Handwound Ancho Poblano RWRP Single-Coil Strat Middle
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Handwound Ancho Poblano Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume with Tone-Saver Bleed, Master Tone with Greasebucket, Neck/Bridge Pickup Blend
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Special Electronics: Tone Saver Treble Bleed, Greasebucket Tone Circuit, Neck/Bridge Blender ControlHardware
- Bridge: 6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 8-Hole 3-Ply Mint Green Relic
- Control Knobs: Vintage White RelicMiscellaneous
- Strings: NPS, .010-.046 Gauges
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):