EVH Eddie Van Halen 78 Eruption
On the cover of Van Halen's 1978 eponymous debut album, Eddie Van Halen thrusts his black-and-white striped instrument towards the camera as if he's showing you the future. He played this guitar on his unprecedented and mind-blowing instrumental track "Eruption", hence its nickname, and sure enough, this monumental instrument quickly became a timeless icon.
To celebrate the 40th anniversary of this instantly recognizable axe, EVH Gear is offering a limited 40-piece run of the EVH '78 Eruption guitar as it appeared in its original pristine condition, prior to Van Halen embarking on its first-ever world tour.
This EVH Eddie Van Halen 78 Eruption Van Halen Electric Guitar features all of the original specs including an ash Strat body, bolt-on maple neck with oiled neck back finish, straight 12" radius maple fingerboard with katalox dots, black side dots and 21 jumbo frets, hand-cut black pickguard, EVH Frankenstein humbucking bridge pickup, vintage Fender Stratocaster bridge with Kluson brass block and Schaller tuning keys. Its white-with-black stripes motif paint job paint job is stylishly finished off with eye-screw strap hooks and a 61071 stamped neck plate.
In homage to this pivotal period, EVH has also recreated Eddie Van Halen's original G&G case and loaded it up with the very items used by him at the time, such as '70s-era Fender Super Bullets strings, Van Halen '70s tortoiseshell picks, '78 chain strap and 3-in-One oil can. This model is also accompanied by an exclusive collector's booklet, a backstage pass vinyl cloth sticker, 1978 concert photo of Eddie Van Halen, signed certificate of authenticity and an autographed vinyl copy of Van Halen.
- Limited to only 40 pieces worldwide and everything that a true enthusiast would want.
- 25.5" scale length
- Ash Strat body
- Bolt-on maple neck with oiled neck back finish
- Straight 12" radius maple fingerboard with katalox dots, black side dots and 21 jumbo frets
- Hand-cut black pickguard
- EVH Frankenstein humbucking bridge pickup
- Vintage Fender Stratocaster bridge with a Kluson brass block
- Eye-screw strap hooks
- Schaller tuning keys
- White-with-black stripes hand-painted lacquer finish (pristine condition)
- 61071 Stamped Neck-Plate
- Van Halen signed vinyl
- Custom-made period correct G&G case
- '78 chain strap
- 3-in-One oil can
- Signed Certificate of Authenticity
- Two packs of '70s-era Fender Super Bullets strings in recreated packaging
- Van Halen '70s tortoiseshell picks
- Backstage Pass vinyl cloth sticker on the case plus one unused sticker inside
- 8"x10" 1978 concert photo of Eddie Van Halen
- Exclusive Eruption Collector's Booklet
zZounds is an authorized dealer of EVH products.
Limited Edition- Body Material:
2-Piece Birdseye Maple- Neck Finish:
Hand-Rubbed Oil- Fingerboard:
AA Birdseye Maple, 12" (305 mm)- Frets:
21, Jumbo- Position Inlays:
Katalox- Nut (Material/Width):
Brass, 1.685" (42.8 mm)- Tuning Machines:
Schaller Diecast- Scale Length:
25.5" (648 mm)- Bridge:
Vintage Fender Stratocaster Bridge with a Kluson Brass Block- Bridge Pickup:
EVH Frankenstein Humbucking Bridge Pickup- Pickup Switching:
Volume (500K EVH® Bourns Low Friction Pot)- Control Knobs:
Aged White- Hardware Finish:
'70s Era Super Bullets .040-.009- Case/Gig Bag:
Custom-made Period Correct G&G Case
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers