Darkglass Microtubes 900 Bass Amp Head
Hand-built in Finland, weighing in at just 7.4 lbs with 900 watts of Nordic fury, the Microtubes 900 combines the world-renowned B3K and Vintage Microtubes technology in a compact and powerful bass amplifier.
See exactly what goes into building the Microtubes 900:
From grinding distortion to snappy slap bass, the Microtubes 900 can do it all:
Since bassists adopted them, class D amplifiers were seen as convenient version of much bigger and heavier, yet better-sounding, amps. Most musicians were happy with compromising sound and power by saving money, weight and space.
Darkglass wanted the best-sounding amplifier, period: louder, more versatile and articulate. It just happens to be one of the lightest, most compact and elegantly designed bass amplifiers out there.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Darkglass Electronics products.
Front Panel Features:
- Input: Connect your instrument via a standard 1/4" mono cable.
- Passive/Active: Switch from passive to active mode. Some active basses can have a hotter signal output which can make the amp distort early (feel free to use it on Passive move even with active basses if such additional distortion is desired).
- Microtubes: Turns on or off the Microtubes Engine to add natural compression, organic harmonic enhancement, and saturation ranging from mild overdrive to high gain bass rage.
The Microtubes Engine operates before the clean section (you can therefore use the 4 Band Active EQ for additional tone shaping in addition to the Tone knob described below).
- Drive: Controls the amount of distortion that the Microtubes Engine will deliver. It will change from a soft warm overdrive to a massive modern distorted tone.
- Tone: Controls the high harmonic content of the Microtubes Engine via a variable low pass filter: crank it up for additional attack and definition or dim it down for a smoother sound. This is handy if running bright clean EQ settings or cabinets with tweeters.
- Level: Controls the Microtubes Engine's output volume.
- Blend: Mixes between the Clean signal and the Distortion signal (Microtubes Engine).
- B3K/VMT: Selects between two overdrive voicings: B3K mode will deliver an aggressive, percussive sound while the VMT will bring up the mids for a warmer, more neutral character.
- Gain: Changes the volume of the signal the Active 4 Band EQ. You can set it low prior to ensuring the cleanest operation possible or set it higher for more aggressive growl.
- Bass: +/-12dB at 80Hz. Changes the low content of the signal.
- Low Mids: +/-12dB of the selected frequency via the LOW MIDS switch (described below). Changes the lower mid content of the signal.
- Low Mids Switch: Use this switch to change the frequency of the low mid band from 250Hz, 500Hz or 1kHZ.
- Hi Mids: +/-12dB of the selected frequency via the HI MIDS switch (described below). Changes the higher mid content of the signal.
- Hi Mids Switch: Use this switch to change the frequency of the hi mid band from 750Hz, 1.5kHz and 3kHZ.
- Treble: +/-12dB at 5kHz. Changes the high content of the signal.
- Master: Controls the overall volume of the amplifier.
- Mute: Mutes the amplifier.
Back Panel Features:
- Speaker Output: Connects the amplifier to your cabinet. This Speakon combo jack allows for either Speakon or 1/4" speaker cable operation.
- Min-Load: Press when using a 2Ω load. You can use this control to lower the output if your 4Ohms cabinet is not able to handle more than 500W (you can also get 350W with an 8Ohms cabinet in this configuration).
- Pre Amp Out: This output connects the preamp to a different power amp.
- Power Amp In: Use this input to connect a different preamp to the power amp. (master volume will be disabled)
- Post-Pre: Selects what signal will be delivered by the DI output. Selecting PRE, sends a clean copy of your input bass signal. Selecting POST delivers a signal processed by the preamp of the amp (gain, distortion, eq, master, etc.)
- Ground Lift: Lifts the ground of the DI XLR output. If a ground noise in you DI signal is experienced, try changing the setting of this control.
- Balanced Output: Connects the Microtubes 900™ preamplifier to balanced equipment (mic preamp, console, recorder, compressor, audio interface, etc.) via a standard XLR jack.
- AC Socket: Connects the power cord to the amplifier.
- AC Power: ON/OFF
Footswitch: The Footswitch allows you to remotely engage and disengage the Microtubes Engine. Hold the footswitch to Mute the amplifier. The VMT/B3K push button will remain operational with the Intelligent Footswitch plugged in.
- Use a regular mono instrument cable to connect the amplifier to the footswitch.
- Remove the cable from the footswitch jack in the rear panel if you want to control the amp from the front panel.
- The Microtubes 900™ will only work with our proprietary Intelligent Footswitch (included with the amplifier). A generic Footswitch will not work with the Microtubes 900.
Dimensions: 26.7x23x6.4 cm (10.5x9.05x2.52 in)
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):