Chameleon Labs 7603-XMod Mic Preamp
Proudly made in Seattle, Washington, USA, the Chameleon Labs 7603-XMod mic preamplifer retraces the path of revered, classic pre-amps of the past as well as Chamelon Labs' popular 7602. Chameleon has chosen to continue the tradition created by the 7602-XMod, allowing users to revel in the character and performance afforded by Carnhill's legendary English components.
Displaying the same high dynamics and low distortion as the "vanilla" 7603, the 7603-XMod simply provides a different character to the sound of the pre-amplifier.
Once your audio exits the input transformer, Chameleon Labs' circuit boards are carefully crafted to ensure the highest possible signal integrity. As a starting point, Chameleon developed a new discrete audio input gain stage based on a vision for a solid topology that provides extremely low noise, high dynamics and extreme bandwidth. All of the 7603-XMod's operational amplifiers used throughout the device are based on this topology.
The 7603-XMod features EQ stages with four different available adjustments--Variable High Pass, Low Frequency Shelving, Mid Frequency and High Frequency Shelving. Chameleon Labs engineers made a conscious decision to stay with the same, desirable, inductor-based topology that made the 7602 so popular, but implemented their new discrete Op Amp to drive signal through a new set of custom Chameleon-designed and manufactured inductors, providing the musicality you'll love to use.
The 7603-XMod's output stage is unique with respect to its design and performance. It can be described as a variable gain circuit that simultaneously adjusts both the input and output levels in order to generate a lower noise floor and extraordinary audio performance.
- UK Carnhill Microphone and Line Input transformers and Carnhill UK output transformer, all with mu-metal housings
- High resolution, low noise discrete audio circuitry
- Hi-Z Direct Instrument Input (TRS)
- Discrete Class A Electronic Topology
- Three band, inductor based EQ
- 48V phantom power for mic input
- Selectable 300Ohm or 1200Ohm Mic Input Impedance
- Custom VU meter (input/output) with calibrated ballistics
- Relay based selection of Line / Mic & DI Inputs
- Overload input and output indicators
- Reverse Phase Switch
- Universal, on-board power supply
- Proudly made in the USA in Seattle, Washington
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Chameleon Labs products.