Boss BD-2 Blues Driver Distortion Pedal
The Boss BD-2 delivers the creamy, yet crunchy sound associated with great blues guitar. Instant access to the kind of warm overdrive and emotive distortion usually reserved for 30-year-old tube amps.
- Classic "blues" guitar tones with tube amp simulation.
- Warm distortion and overdrive.
- Responds to nuance and volume changes.
- AC adapter or 9V battery operation.
- 5-year warranty.
A Vintage Tube Amp Sound in a Compact Pedal
Boss knows the sound that guitarists want and has the technological expertise to provide it, thanks to decades of experience in guitar-oriented products like the popular OD1 and DS1 compact pedals. Now Boss introduces the BD-2 Blues Driver - a compact pedal that gives you the classic, bluesy sound of a vintage tube amp. Whether it's on-stage, in the studio, or practicing at home, the BD-2 Blues Driver gives you that classic tube amp sound.
The Roots of Great Sound
The tube amp has given the guitar a rich history of great sounds, from smooth jazz to screaming rock to crying blues. And while the guitar is a naturally expressive instrument, the tube amp makes it even more expressive, bringing out the subtle nuances of different types of guitars, pickups, and playing styles. The tube amp has shared center stage with some of history's greatest guitarists and that same classic sound remains popular today. But with the BD-2 Blues Driver, you don't have to own a vintage tube amplifier - now you can get that same great sound and expressiveness in a compact pedal.
Back to Basics
When the situation calls for straight-ahead, down-home blues/rock, the BD-2 Blues Driver lives up to its name. Light distortion, fat overdrive, or smooth, warm sustain - the BD-2 gives you all the textures you need to sing, cry, or scream. These classic sounds are available for the first time in a compact pedal. So when it's time to get back to basics, just stomp on your trusty blue pedal - the BD-2 Blues Driver. All the warmth and sustain of a tube amp is at your command.
Drive it Home
From the rehearsal studio to the concert stage, the BD-2 delivers the goods, even when playing through a solid-state amp. So you don't have to invest big bucks in a vintage tube amp to get that vintage sound. Even when practicing at home at low volume, you can still get the sound of a cranked tube amplifier without tormenting neighbors.
As for the controls - nothing fancy here, just a Gain and Tone control like your favorite amp, along with an overall Level control. These simple controls give you a full range of possibilities. Crank the Gain for hard-driving distortion or pull it back for a smooth sound with a mild edge. The Tone control lets you get a variety of classic guitar sounds - from blues-breakin' British to American tweed. And like a fine amplifier, the BD-2 sound varies with your choice of guitar and pickups and it responds to the unique feel of your playing style.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Boss products.
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBm
- Input Impedance: 1 MOhm
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBm
- Output Impedance: 1 KOhm
- Noise Level: dBm (IHF-A, Typ.)
- Controls Pedal: Switch, Level Knob, Tone Knob, Gain Knob
- Indicator: CHECK Indicator (serves also as battery check indicator)
- Connectors: Input Jack, Output Jack, AC Adapter Jack (9V DC)
- Power Supply: 9V DC: Dry Battery 9V type (6F22/9V), AC Adapter
- Current Draw: 13 mA (9V DC)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 70 x 125 x 55 mm (2-3/4 x 4-15/16 x 2-3/16 in.)
- Weight (including battery): 400 g (14 oz.)
- Shipping Dimensions (H x W x D): 3 x 4 x 1.06 in.
- Shipping Weight: 6 lbs.
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- with Boss BCB-30 Case