While it's true that you can do just about every part of music production within your DAW, it's often easier and more gratifying to get your hands on real controls rather than turn virtual knobs and slide virtual faders with keyboard commands or a computer mouse. For those of you who prefer to have a physical control surface from which to work, Behringer offers the BCF2000 MIDI controller outfitted with eight precise motorized faders, eight rotary encoders, and a slew of keys for easy assigning and editing. The BCF2000 puts you in command of your software instruments and music-production software, giving you real-time, hands-on control of organ-drawbars, synths, samplers, virtual mixers, and more. Connect the MIDI controller to your computer via USB and you're good to go.
Tactile, Real-Time DAW Control
Whether your production weapon of choice is Steinberg Cubase or Ableton Live, Behringer's BCF2000 can put you in the driver's seat of your DAW. The compact, USB-compatible controller provides full MIDI In/Out/Thru capability, so you can connect to your MIDI or audio sequencers, software mixers, and virtual synths or audio plug-ins loaded on your computer.
Send Your Mouse into Retirement
Thanks to the BCF2000's 100 mm motorized faders, you can perform all those smooth, coordinated fades that simply can't be done with a mouse. Automated control, here we come. Likewise, eight endless rotary encoders, each with a 15-element LED indicator and a push-to-set function, make it a breeze…
to select, adjust, and control software functions. Assign knobs, faders, or keys to your most-used functions, and do all your edits in real time, directly from the BCF2000 control surface. Twenty buttons, four of which are illuminated, are freely assignable to all types of MIDI functions, from Note On/Off, Control Change, and Program Change to MMC and system exclusive data.
A small, multi-function, four-digit LED display shows you what's going on with your parameters, in real-time, while offering write-in fields for your own labeling. Straight-forward in design and intuitive to use, the Behringer BCF2000 gives you exactly what you need to control your virtual instruments.
Features:- Desktop MIDI controller
- 8 Precise 100 mm motorized faders for control of virtual mixers, organ-drawbars (inverse mode), or virtual synths and samplers
- 4 Virtual groups with 8 dual-mode, high-resolution encoders featuring LED rings and an additional push function
- 16 + 4 Illuminated buttons freely assignable to all types of MIDI functions
- All panel elements are freely assignable either manually or via Learn mode
- Additional multi-function foot switch and foot controller connectors can be used to address all types of MIDI data
- 32 User presets, each with 4 encoder groups, for a personalized experience
- Configurable MIDI and USB modes for flexible system integration
- 1 MIDI In plus 2 MIDI Outs, usable as an additional USB to MIDI interface
- Multi-function, 4-digit LED display with real-time parameter indication plus write-in fields for your own labeling
- MIDI input with merge function for cascading several control units
- Easy connection to any computer or expander using standard MIDI I/O connectors
- Generic USB MIDI support with Windows XP and Mac OS X
- Additional drivers and editor/librarian software available for free download from Behringer's website
- Ruggedly constructed to last through years of use