Build Beats with a 7" Touchscreen and 16 RGB Drum Pads!
Get ready to get your hands on the ultimate beat-production machine: the Akai MPC Touch. Akai has added a 7" touchscreen to the MPC -- mashing up that classic MPC groovebox workflow with a multi-touch-sensitive display that lets you swipe, tap and pinch to control everything from sample start points to filters on an XY pad.
Get a closer look at the MPC Touch in this video from Akai:
And of course, the MPC Touch gives you 16 velocity-sensitive, RGB-lit drum pads for building beats fast, and MPC 1.9 software for your Mac or PC with 20 GB of samples, loops and software instruments to get you started. It's the modern evolution of an iconic piece of gear. Oh, and it looks great, too!
The Ultimate Hardware Controller for MPC 1.9 Software
With its multi-touchscreen, 4 Q-Link knobs, a data encoder wheel, 16 RGB-illuminated pads, and dedicated buttons for bank switching, transport controls and more, the Akai MPC Touch is the ultimate control surface for the included MPC 1.9 software. Swipe a finger to set sample start and end points or draw MIDI notes in the step sequencer. Between the touchscreen, knobs and buttons, you get full hands-on control over your beats and grooves. You can even close your laptop and work entirely on the MPC Touch, while your computer stores the included samples and software synths.
Includes 20 GB of Samples and Software Synths -- Or Add Your Own
The MPC Touch comes with MPC 1.9 software for your Mac or PC, which you can run as VST, AU or AAX plug-in inside of your existing DAW, or as its own software. It comes with all the sound libraries MPC artists got with the MPC Renaissance: the Bank, the Wub, the Noise, and the 809 -- plus another 10 GB of sounds. You get all these AIR software instruments: Hybrid 3, Loom, Vacuum Pro, Velvet, XPand!2, Mini Grand, DB33, and Riser.
Want to run your own 3rd-party software instruments or plug-in effects? MPC 1.9 software lets you run a VST or an AU plug-in on up to 128 tracks on your sequence, plus 4 effects per pad, 4 effects per channel, and up to 4 effects per submix outputs. Best of all, you can run your VSTs and your AUs right from the MPC Touch's touchscreen -- without touching your computer.
It's an Audio Interface, Too
Take a look at the back of the MPC Touch, and you'll see two 1/4" TRS line inputs and a gain control knob. It's a 2-in/2-out USB audio interface. You can plug in line-level or instrument-level sources (like the output from a mixer, or your guitar), and create your own samples. Plug in a pair of powered speakers to the 1/4" line outputs on the back of the MPC Touch. Plus, there's a 1/8" headphone jack.
See how producer Metro Boomin uses the MPC Touch in this video from Akai:
Check out producer Needlz's take on the Akai MPC Touch:
Work the Way You Want To With MPC Modes
- Step Sequencer Mode: The traditional step-sequencer-style drum machine meets an incredible touch interface
- Sample Edit Mode: Trim, chop and process your samples -- swipe the touchscreen to zoom the waveform or tap to slice
- XYFX Mode: Move your finger along the screen to add effects -- filters, delays, flangers, phasers and more -- to your mix in real-time
- Sampler Mode: Capture audio from instruments or other analog sources -- use the mixer strip to record through multiple effects plug-ins
- Looper Mode: Plug in any instrument of your choice and start creating loops
- Track View Mode: Get an overview of tracks in your current sequence
- Channel Mixer Mode: Set levels, stereo panning, routing and effects for all the elements in your mix in this comprehensive mixing environment
- Next Sequence Mode: Trigger different sequences simply by playing the pads, and change a song's structure in real time -- great for live performance
- ...and many more!
- 7" multi-touch color screen: close your laptop and work on the MPC Touch
- Touchscreen workflow: swipe, tap and pinch to set sample start and end points, tweak step velocity, input MIDI notes and more
- Touch-sensitive Data Encoder: twist and push to adjust fine values fast
- Touch-sensitive Q-Link knobs: hands-on control for effects, mixing and synths
- 16 velocity-sensitive, RGB-lit pads: Assign a sample to each and start making beats -- and customize your pad colors to your workflow
- 8 banks of pad samples: Instantly switch between banks to access more sounds
- Note Repeat button: Hold to create drum rolls, double-tap to latch
- Removable stand: Angle up, down, or sit flat
- 2 x 1/4" TRS audio inputs: Record audio for sampling or looping -- from any instrument or analog audio source
- 2 x 1/4" TRS line audio outputs: Plug in external powered speakers -- no other audio interface necessary
- 1/8" headphone output
- MIDI I/O: connect a keyboard controller or any other MIDI gear
- MPC 1.9 software for your Mac or PC -- built from the ground up to integrate with the MPC Touch's interface
- Run MPC 1.9 as a plug-in in your existing DAW software -- or run it as self-contained recording software
- Includes 20 GB of sample libraries and instruments -- including all the sounds from the MPC Renaissance and an additional 10 GB of content from Cr2 Records and more
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Akai products.