Make Music Your Own Way with Ableton Live -- the Nonlinear DAW
Ableton Live 9 (Standard) music-production software is one of the most popular DAWs on the market, and for a good reason -- its intuitive layout, paired with high-quality multitrack audio recording features, onboard instruments and effects, and powerful real-time arranging, time-stretching, and sequencing capabilities, make it easy to glide through all aspects of production in a flexible workflow that makes sense to you. Ideal for studio recording and editing, live performances onstage, digital DJing, and more, Ableton Live 9 is a versatile, all-inclusive digital audio workstation geared toward any musician who wants to make killer tracks without constantly having to reference a manual.
What Comes Standard in Live 9 Standard
Live 9 comes in three editions: Intro, Standard, and Suite. The version you are reading about right now is the Standard version, which comes packed with all the must-have features, instruments, sound packs, and FX that make Live so awesome.
Everything you need to record, arrange, edit, sequence, and finalize tracks is available in Live 9. You get unlimited multitrack recording of audio and MIDI at up to 192 kHz/32-bit resolution, support for an unlimited number of Scenes, 12 Send and Return tracks, 256 audio inputs, and 256 audio output channels. When it comes to creating professional-sounding recordings, performing live, making loops, and honing your DJ skills, there's no shortage of tools to get the job done.
Intuitive Workspace and Toolkit
Use Session View to capture song ideas, make loops, and assemble complete tracks by simply dragging and dropping or rearranging your audio. Session View also simplifies automation, memorizing parameters changes and knob/fader movements, and making it super simple to set up a mix.
Within Live, it's also easy to make your own Racks, which help organize your instruments and effects into a single device. You can map each of the eight Macro knobs to any number of parameters in a Rack, and get customized controls that make sense to you.
In addition, a wealth of editing tools with unlimited undo, audio slicing and dicing tools, mastering tools, MIDI sequencing, and real-time time-stretching and warping options allow you to polish your music with professional results. As a bonus for digital DJs, Live 9 also allows video import/export and integration with Serato DJ.
Exhaustive Set of Built-In Sounds, Loops, and Synths
Live 9 comes standard with 4 impressive software instruments (External Instrument, Drum Rack, Impulse, and Simpler), 14 sound packs, 31 audio effects, 7 MIDI effects, and VST and Audio Unit support.
With Live's Drum Rack, Impulse, and Simpler virtual instruments on hand, you have all the bases covered for making music in any genre. Create tight drums, throbbing basslines, soaring melodies, hypnotic soundscapes, loops, and more. And using Live's External Instrument, you can use your external hardware synthesizers or effects units within Live, as if they were plug-ins.
Need drums and percussion? Across the 14 included sound packs, you'll have a choice selection of drum patterns, kits, loops, samples, and drool-worthy beats from a range of drum machines and sample libraries. How about found sounds, acoustic instrument samples, grand piano tones, and vinyl grooves? Supplying all those and more, Live 9 music-production software has everything you could ask for when composing and arranging on your computer.
Driven by Effects
A comprehensive collection of 38 studio-quality audio and MIDI effects are included as well, providing everything from basic to advanced effects and cool guitar amp simulations, plus useful MIDI effects such as a chord generator and arpeggiator.
If you're in need of music-production software that's as powerful as it is easy to use, Ableton Live 9 is it.
- Music-production software for composing, recording, editing and performing
- Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks and Scenes
- 12 Send and Return tracks
- 256 Mono audio input and output channels
- Bundled with 14 sound expansion packs
- 4 Virtual instruments included in the box: Drum Rack, Impulse, Simpler, and an External Instrument device
- 38 Audio and MIDI effects built-in, from basic to complex
- Compatible with all types of controllers
- Unique Session View for quick, intuitive composition, flexible performance and improvisation
- Multitrack recording up to 192 kHz/32-bit resolution
- Nondestructive editing with unlimited undo
- Powerful MIDI sequencing of software and hardware instruments
- Advanced warping and real-time time-stretching
- Unlimited Instruments, audio effects, and MIDI effects per project
- Group tracks for quick, easy automation
- VST and Audio Unit support lets you use your favorite plug-ins and instruments
- Time signature changes
- Multiple automation lanes for easy mixing and setup
- Track Freeze
- Automatic plug-in delay compensation
- MIDI remote control instant mapping
- MIDI output to hardware synths
- MIDI Clock/sync
- ReWire support for integration with Propellerhead Reason
- Multicore/multiprocessor support
- WAV, AIFF, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, and FLAC file support
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Ableton products.