When you call, mention priority code 172N-V93Q

Rating and Reviews: ZT-Amplifiers Lunchbox

Don't break your back lugging big amps from gig to gig. The ZT Lunchbox proves that an amp doesn't need to be big to be loud, or expensive to sound great.

"This little amp will kick your asterisk!" submitted October 4, 2012

By Laurence Schwarz in Edmonds, WA
Overall
Musical Background: relearning guitar again........
Music Style: Blues, Jazz, classic rock.
Overall: For starters, it weighs 9lbs, so no hauling heavy combo's or head & cab. It behaves very much like a classic tube amp. I wasn't interested in spending upwards toward $1K for a Fender EC Vibro-Champ, etc., but wanted the size, tone, and behavior of one. The 6.5" speaker is a little on the "tinny" side, but connect the speaker out to a 2x12 or 4x12 cab, and this thing will blow your hair back. One place where it really shines is that you get that tube tone, but not the uncontrollable breakup associated with a cranked tube amp. Another excellent feature is the ability to use the headphone out into an audio interface for recording without the need for an amp sim. plug-in. Look, there is no perfect amp in my book. They all have their merits and weaknesses, but this little guy sure comes close. I would buy one again in a heartbeat, and wouldn't hesitate to gig with it either.

"Tiny just struck back." submitted December 20, 2011

Musical Background: 10 years, guitar, jam/home
Music Style: rock, classical, blues, jazz, alternative, regge, country, other
Sound: It is an awesome amp that really does respond like a tube amp. I am very happy with how well it sounds, you can really go all over the sound board with this one. I play from raunchy metal to light clean pickin, from "how much bass do you need?" to "treble much?" The best part is blowing your jam buddies away. Feature: Some wont like this, but you have to have your head wrapped around the zt thinking. Simple is good. Like apple, it keeps the user limited, but the hardware is very intuitive. You just have to give up some control with the limited knob options, but you get some fantastic results. Also plugging in my MP3 player is awesome. Ease of Use: Come on, 4 knobs. Quality: I like having an amp where I don't have to mess with for hours to get some great tone out of, and going from one tone to another has never been easier. Value: H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICK yes! The Wow Factor: I own it! Overall: This will serve me well for many years.

"Best innovation in guitar amps in fifty years." submitted January 6, 2011

Music Style: jazz/blues/fusion
Sound: I love this amp. It works great with pedals and preamps that I could only get to sound good when I went direct to the mixer. I is set up to adjust to any input level so it works great with all the instruments I've tried. It rocks on a Rhodes piano. I got it for jazz but with the right pedal it can fry your neighborhood with punch and volume. This is the best innovation I have seen for guitar in my forty-five years of playing. Feature: I wouldn't change anything for now. Ease of Use: Good manual. Quality: It appears to be rock solid. It would be cool if ZT made one in the states using the same circuits but with a look of American craftsmanship and possibly some beefing up of the internals. Value: This is the last amp I'd ever buy. Far superior value to any amp I have tried this year. Manufacturer Support: The manual encourages customers to get in touch with them so that's a good sign. The Wow Factor: This amp is all about sound. I could see a sexier version with four speakers and double the output but that would be like taking a 200 mph car to the mall. Overall: I plan to buy the extension speaker and keep exploring this amp's possibilities. So far I am nothing but pleased.

"Lunchbox is a monster" submitted October 25, 2011

Musical Background: Active and old
Music Style: Jazz, Blues
Sound: Understand that I mainly play jazz and blues with some blues rock here and there. If you are looking for an amp with lots of clean headroom this is a great amp. The small speaker has the kind of range you would expect but if you plug it into an external cabinet, it sounds incredible. There is plenty of headroom for playing jazz and clean blues with it. Even running the gain high it stays pretty clean with the single coils in my stratocasters. The tone voicing is pretty good at 11 to 12 o'clock. The presence control is a bit strange, I mainly leave it turned all the way down. Feature: I really like the ability to switch the speaker in or out when using an external speaker and the external input for my computer or ipod is nice. I can plug my netbook in and play along with tracks and the whole mess is small yet loud enough to be fun. I wish it had an effects loop, but my effects and preamps have sounded alright at the input and doesn't effect the aux input sound so it works out. Ease of Use: Can't imagine it being any easier to use... Quality: For the price it is fairly well put together and is visually attractive. Value: Great bang for the buck at this price point. Manufacturer Support: The designer answered my email with a question about use of external speakers and ohm rating. It doesn't get any better than that! The Wow Factor: Obviously... I bought it, I kept it, I own it. Overall: This is a great grab and go amp that is able to gig in a combo setting.

"Sexy Little Thing" submitted October 3, 2011

Music Style: rock and folk
Sound: I rated the Lunchbox a 5 on the sound because the actual sound of the amplifier wasn't quite the same as it was on the videos I watched. It had a nice tone from the get go but the overdrive was weak for my style of music. It did sound great when I played some blues through it however that isn't my style. I was going to send it back because I wasn't satisfied with it. Then I pluged a Vox Satchurator into it and let me just say OMG! I have since sold my 5150 212 combo. The Lunchbox is indeed everthing it says it is. It has awesome tone. Heavy lows and bright highs. The Ambience is a great reverb. And volume? Yes. I have played live with it 7 times now and I havevn't had to mic it yet. So, if you're a blues player the Lunchbox comes out of the box ready to go. I you're a rocker get it but get yourself a nice stompbox to go with it and you won't be sorry. Feature: The only accessories it came with was the power cord and a carrying case. I like the fact that you can turn off the speaker or leave it on when you have headphones pluged into it. As for features I wish it had I think it needs an actual distortion or crunch knob. I don't like using pedals. I've always prefered finding an amp that has the level of overdrive I want built in. Ease of Use: It's very easy to use. How easy is it to modify the sound? There are only 4 knobs so it's very easy to modify the sound but to modify the sound to my personal taste it can't be done without outside help. Which, as I've said, with my stompbox plugged into it the sound is AWESOME from every aspect. Quality: I've only had it a month but I think it's going to last a lifetime. Cosmetically, it may depreciate. The paint may start to chip off but that just gives it personallity. Like I said earlier I have sold my 5150 I don't need it anymore. I can now arrive for a gig with my amp on my shoulder and a guitar in each hand. It only weighs 9.5 pounds. But they're are heavy duty pounds. Value: I've had amps that cost 10 times as much and I can honestly say they are no better than the Lunchbox. In fact I truly believe for the money this is probably the best amp I've ever owned with the exception of a couple of vintage amps I own. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: The "sex appeal" is why I bought it to begin with. As I've said previously I owned a 5150 combo. I've played almost 2 gigs a week with it for 10 years. The 5150 is one of the best most versatile amplifiers ever built so I didn't NEED the Lunchbox. I wanted it. I HAD to have it. I'm not sorry I bought it. Overall: OK I'll answer these quiestions in order. I expect to be satisfied for many, many years to come. I would replace it with a newer model. Sex appeal would be the only thing that would lead me to something else. Well the only thing I like more about other amps is the overdrive. I chose the Lunchbox because of the size and the fact that not only did none of my friends have one they hadn't even heard of it until I inntroduced them to it. My musical goals can't be met by an amplifier or even a guitar. My goals revolve around me not my equipment. If my Lunchbox were lost or stolen I'd buy a new one. I wish I had known how far the overdrive would go. But then if I had known I wouldn't have bought it and I would have missed out. I think what I like most is the wsize. Dynomite comes in small packages. I don't want to sound redundant but the overdrive is weak. It doesn't provide you with much versatility. However I've remedied that with a great stompbox.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Get this amp!" submitted January 29, 2010

Music Style: A little bit of everything
Sound: THIS IS LOUD!!!! I was looking for something that would just alolow me to plug in and be heard and ZT ANSWERED! Many people think that because it's how it is, the sound quality must be crap, BUT the sound quality out of this amp is actually comparable to any tube amp I've ever played on. It gets a really nice blues overdrive when you crank the gain too! It's perfect for any live setting, and with the headphone out port you can even get an amazing direct out recording off of it. Feature: It has a tone control, a volume control, a gain control, and something called an ambience control (which makes the sound more like it's in a wooden box). You can't really tailor the eq well but that's the only problem with it! It's got a speaker out port so you can hook up a cabinet to it and get even louder, and it's got an internal speaker switch which turns the internal 6.5" speaker on or off (which is perfect when you're using headphones). Ease of Use: You plug it in and go nuts. It's requires almost no setup. I've had "easy access" amps that were harder to use than this. Quality: I feel like if I dropped it, it would get some damage on it. However, it seems to be able to take on it's full volume for quite some time. I've had to crank it for practices and shows already and it hasn't failed yet. Value: This is the absolute best value you can get for any amp ever, period. I recommend this to every single guitarist out there. Every guitarist should have one of these! Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to use customer support yet but I hear that they're phenominal. The Wow Factor: This is a technological masterpiece! It's perfect for college students or even your everyday gigging musician. And did I mention that it actually looks like a freakin lunchbox? I had people thinking that there were sandwiches in there at one point! It's the most amazing amp ever, GET ONE! Overall: I am going to be satisfied with this until ZT comes out with something better, which is going to be rediculously hard to do seeing as how they set themselves up with a masterpiece to top. I am going to use this amp until it falls apart, and even after that I'll get another one. The only thing I would like to see on this is an FX loop which they are bringing to the club model so I am satisfied.
26 of 29 people (89.66%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"ZT lunchbox "wow" guitar amplifier" submitted June 22, 2012

By Cesar Aparil
Overall
Musical Background: I am playing for almost 20 years. I play for self relaxation, small gatherings and ocassionally involved in some gigs.
Music Style: Slow rock, praise and worship songs, love songs.
Overall: This little amp is not little. Do not judge this by its size. The very first time i brought this amp in one of our praise fest event, my friends thought it is like 25 watt amp. I did not bring the extension cabinet that will make a sum of unbelieving 300watt by looking at its size. But the 200watt alone rocks the hall! What more if i brought the extension cab? Wow! This amp matches my epi Lp bb3. I also found my ibanez acoustic-electric guitar sounds great in this "little loud" zt guitar amp. i have not tried this to my yamaha bass guitar but i will not of course! Hope zt would make one also for bass guitars.

"GREAT LITTLE AMP, LOUD AS YOU NEED IT TO BE, LIGHT AS YOU NEED IT TO BE!" submitted December 15, 2010

Music Style: Gospel
Sound: This little amp has great volume/sound. In my opinion, it does need external effects to get the full potential, but with some reverb and delay, it really does sound good. Feature: Keep it simple is the best way to describe this amp. I really wish they had added a reverb instead of the "ambience" knob! (couldn't have been that much harder!)that said, it has ins/outs, and a switch to turn speaker on/off, like I said, keeping it simple. Ease of Use: Plug into a stompbox, plug into the amp, turn it on, gain up, volume up, you're done. simple. Quality: Built like a little tank! Really impressed with the ruggedness of this unit! I'm not really worried about anything breaking or being knocked off. I think they really got this part right! Value: It is a great product. Still, I think a bit pricey at $260! But I did pay that and I'm not complaining. I just think it would be a greater value at a lower price point. Manufacturer Support: haven't had to deal with anyone. The Wow Factor: just the coolest little thing. you walk in with it to jam sessions and everyone's kinda eyeballing you about to make fun of you, then you plug it in and keep up with those twin speaker boxes of lead and they change their tune really quick! Overall: I look forward to really using this product a lot in the coming months/years. Hope to add the cabinet soon.

"The Little Monster" submitted January 8, 2010

Music Style: Blues,Rock,Country
Sound: This amp will supprise anyone who trys it you can get great sounds from this little monster, you would think it would have a hard time getting a good low end but you can get a nice mellow sound by adjusting the controls and if you add the cabinet like i did then you just open it up even more this amp can sound really great and it loves pedals for everything you could want out of it it will do. Feature: This will be its only low point because the controls are so basic and the reverb is really a Ambience control but like i said this amp loves pedals so no problem adding a reverb to it, and a loop would have been nice but for what this amp can do i can live with just the basic controls it has. Ease of Use: Very easy plug and play and can you play with this little beast you can play with any amp out there and even the crazy drummers with the monster sets wont be able to leave you behind. Quality: So far so good seem to be built very solid and nice look. Value: I wouid have to say that this is really worth the price i payed where sometimes i feel the companys ask way to much for the products they make ZT seem to be right on track with there price and i even see these as going up in value over time. Manufacturer Support: They got back to me when i emailed them the same day and when i called the staff where very friendly and helpfull even when i had a question that i should have know if i would have read the manual. The Wow Factor: This ampo make everyone who hears it want one that same day several people i know bought one the next day after they tryed my little beast. Overall: This is a amp that will make this company ZT the amp company we will all have in the future in our bedrooms and on stage.
10 of 12 people (83.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Lunchbox ZT" submitted April 7, 2012

By Ken S
Overall
Musical Background: Guitarist for 28 yrs. I currently play in one rock/metal band as well as record in my home studio.
Music Style: Blues, rock, metal.
Sound: This little amp sounds amazing for its size. But let's be real, it isn't a (fill in your favorite, heavy tube amp). I use it for blues to metal and this thing takes effects like nobody's business. If you want to plug right into this and throw out some death metal, it ain't gonna happen. Though you could possibly get a good blues sound, depending on what you like. The pick articulation is very pronounced through it no matter how much distortion I run into it. Oh, I might also add that I'm using a Strat with SSS, 2 Ibanez- an RG550 and an RG1570. Feature: Simplicity is the name of the game here. I like that. The controls: Ambience, Tone, Volume, & Gain. The Ambience is supposed to mimic open/closed back cabs. I personally only find this control useful in about the 1 o'clock position. Next you have a single tone control that does just what it says and does it pretty darn well. Then you have the Volume and Gain. As for the back panel, it has a speaker out for adding on a cabinet. A 1/4" headphone jack with it's own volume control, and an 1/8" aux in to pipe your mp3 player into for practice with a backing track or your favorite band. In a way, it's lack of control panel based bells & whistles is appealing to me. Though I would kind of like to see a reverb on it. Ease of Use: I wanted this for it's size and simplicity. It has excellent tone for what it is. In a perfect world we'd all have our dream amp and effects with us wherever we go. There's a whole lot to be said for having an amp of this size, with this power, that fits in a bag you can throw over your shoulder. Put a small digital multi-effect processor in the side pocket of the carry bag and you're ready to jam anywhere. It's convenience at it's finest. And it's light enough that you can put it up on your desk or table, closer to your ears, for late night practicing. Headphones are a necessary evil, but I do my best to avoid them. Quality: This amp appears well made. No rattles, squeaks, etc. Value: I don't know of any other company that puts these particular features into an amp of this size. The wattage. The ins and outs etc. I'm sure they're out there somewhere though. The sound is spectacular for it's size and weight. I do think it's a bit pricey though. But not so bad that I didn't buy it. Manufacturer Support: I haven't needed any support. That's why I gave it a 2.5 rating instead of 5. The Wow Factor: We've all had junk amps that just got us by. And at times we played through some gear that we just had to have. That's what this amp was for me. At first glance, it's size is what strikes you. Then when you play through it, it's just amazing. The volume that this little thing puts out will floor you. So I said "WOW! I can put this in a little shoulder bag, with a pocket size FX unit......." Overall: Lunchbox ZT

"Zt has some great features but pricey for what it doesnt do" submitted May 16, 2012

By sam f in los angeles, CA
Musical Background: 30 yrs
Music Style: Rock/Funk, world, fusion, blues
Sound: Pretty good sound at medium levels on clean (vol at 10 use gain) it starts to break up at about 60-70%.. It does sound good with pedals like real pedals or my ME-50 or even my zoom G3. it has a sharp solid state amp sound. Even with a humbucker gtr the sound is too tinny and I often keep the tone control nearly all the way down and the ambient is a weird type of cab, woodsy feel. Feature: Most useful: small though a bit heavy, can use with another amp or cab and still have the ZT speaker, on/off spkr switch, good clean and pedal sound at about 70%Least useful: too many things - NO REVERB just ridiculous at this price point - there are small amps that may not be 200 watts but sound and play better (Roland Microcube, KUSTOM PW50 which is like a mini PA, or a simple solid state small amp) the tone control whil responsive needs to emphasize low not high - ambient is a waste without a reverb.Just not loud enuff for most practical uses and way more than you need for a reference or practice amp. Ease of Use: Pretty easy to dial in sound if u want clean put up thevolume channel, set the tone. I HAVE the ext cab which is a nice addition but too limited - I plugged the ZT into a Flextone - really drove the amp loud plus the sound of the ZT but the ZT cab is a cute idea but does not equal a decent 12" speaker the lows eventually do not hold. Quality: Seems well made BUT it is too much like a lunchbox. for this price I think the handle could be easier to use. I have arm issues and am always looking for loud and compact. In actuality carrying this is light but because it is like 2 bricks in a box it is not as easy as some 8" 10" amps or my KUSTOM mini PA. I did play it loud compared to Line 6 60 watt and it held up (using ping pong delay) until the flex was up at about 50% that makes it a great lieel addition for stereo, a head or a monitor. Value: Tough one.NO - it is a great start to an idea that is overdue - try it if you find it at 150-200 it could be a great value. I think since I used it clean, stereo with a large amp and as a head of sorts it has functions and I love having it as a reference amp for my little studio. Look at the CLUB its older brother that has a 12" speaker and is about 22 pounds some outs in the back but I hear the reverb is bad plate - Come on guys separate reverb should be the rule!. the ext. cab only works for the Lbox and I hear the acoustic ZT is not that loud. I would look at for acoustic: fishman lbox, Kustom PW50 or a small acst amp. though this thing may be enough for a small acstc gig with a reverb pedal. I have too many amps but would like to consodlidate - I like it but not sure I can justify it at 250 which is a great price - for small jams or maybe more a folk group with drums aI would use it and send it out to an amp then you have 2 sources. The cab does not add as much as a simple amp. IN the end a 6 inch speaker is just a 6 inch speaker. But it does get loud relative to anything else its size Manufacturer Support: No The Wow Factor: Yeah I may keep it cuz of the convenience and versatility but I do not really need it. The Kustom mini PA provides well-rounded PA tone for anything, small amps have rvb for reference and an apartment, for this money you can get a pretty loud SS amp with a 10"speaker - you will be happier - It is convenient and fun to use but over priced -add a hall reverb, an eight inch spkr and this might be ok for drums. The CAB is over 500 dollars - for 350 u can get the vox hybrid 80 watt and only a few more pounds. It is growing on me I want to see the next version or other companies - Loud, rvb and very portable is where tech is going! its a start Overall: Overall you have to try it. I think at best you could use it for acoustic or small combo. Even Jazz you would want a bigger speaker. Some nice features like headphone out (send to an amp or PA) the switch speaker off/on. However, no reverb is unforgiveable ona na item at 250-300 especially if it is to try and sub for a real amp. I am keeping it for now but there are other lightweight options out there. I will probably do a comparison on video.

"The lunchbox is worth it." submitted February 13, 2011

By a customer from iadfw.net
Overall
Musical Background: Professional blues and jazz player since the mid-1960s.
Music Style: Blues, Jazz, most anything else as need be.
Sound: The Ambiance control allows this little amp to sweep a broad range of tone, from very dry and clean to a full strong sound that is nice for blues and slide guitar. The clean setting gives an easy sift to a clean, jazz sound. And yes, it is loud. One of my main amps is a 1964 Fender Deluxe Reverb and the Lunchbox challenges it for both presence and volume. Feature: It came with a power cord and manual; that"s all. 'Course it is inexpensive so it all works out. Ease of Use: No learning curve. Very easy. Quality: I didn't give it a 10 because I'm curious to see how it holds up with a lot of use. Value: Very strong comparative value. Manufacturer Support: No applicable Overall: A really startling tiny amp that is big in so many ways.

"Great for it's size" submitted April 27, 2012

By Charles P in Hartland, NB
Musical Background: 37yrs
Music Style: Classical,Rock,Jazz and New age
Overall: I tried out many small inexpensive amps(under $200) but most were larger than the lunchbox , cheaply built with poor tone. Having a Mesa Lonsstar special 1x12 as my main amp the ZT doesn't hold a candle to the Mesa but I wasn't expecting it to with only a 6.5" speaker but connected to the Mesa's speaker it is nothing short of amazing and becomes quite obvious this is a 200watt peak amp(130 watts rms) that could be used in most venues. I bought it for using around the house but it will also be great backup for stage. Using only the amp the sound is okay...nothing special...lots of hiss,,,little to no bass response and will distort it's speaker if volume is med to high but hey it does pretty good considering the speaker size.. It's downfalls all disappear if hooked to a decent size cab and this thing could easily drive a 4 x12" cab as claimed.. The amp is dry sounding but it loves pedals so i use a mutli-effects board to get incredible tones. I use a strat with brdige HB($4500 list) but I'm confident any guitar would sound good through it. This amp doesn't cheapen the guitar sound and it responds much like a tube amp. For size alone no other small amp can touch this thing for volume . The cube 80x is probably a better amp for sound out of the box but in fairness it has a larger speaker and onboard effects. I highly suggest you try one out in a store ...don't buy online unless you have because it's not an amp everyone will like. Oh by the way I've read several negative reviews which I don't quite get. This amps is amazing for it's size and is endorsed by some well known guitarists . Many stores can't keep them in stock which is proof the many who have given thumbs up aren't crazy. Mine is a keeper.

When you call, mention priority code 172N-V93Q. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976